MUFE High Definition Foundation Discussion

Re: MUFE High Def Foundation!

i've been meaning to stop by my local spehora which is 2 blocks away...(lazy) and check it out because not for nothing but i would like to give something else then MAC a chance to really shine in my eyes. I hear good things so im going to try it out.I too am scared to fall in love and feel like my other foundations are a waste. I mean i have foundations in cream sticks, liquid, powder and even studio mist in the can from MAC..so i guess this wont hurt to explore..

blindpassion

Im still loving this foundation
I just switched my mom to it and shes loving it too
It hasn't broken me out, which is more then I can say for any MAC foundation Ive used.
Im really happy with it.

wifey806

just bought the high def and velvet mat last night! can't wait to test it out today!

crystrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyEmma
Hmmmm... I love the finish that I get intially from my MUFE HD, however, by lunchtime its almost disappeared off my face.

I use Clinique pore minimiser instant perfector as a primer and have applied with fingers, sponge and a brush (not all at the same time of course!)

I've set it with both MAC Blot Powder and MAC MSF Natural as well.

My skin is combination with a oily cheeks and chin, dry nose and normal head!

What can I do to make my HD last? It looks so good when I first apply it, I am loathed to give up so early.

I use a mattefying (sp?) face lotion first (mark Matte Chance), then put on MAC's "Matte" as my primer... and it's been keeping my face oil-free!!! I fell asleep in my makeup last night and woke up this morning, no shine! Whenever I fall asleep in makeup I'm ALWAYS a shiny mess in the morning.

Oh, not only that... but my makeup still looked amazing!

mizuki~

Is anyone using this foundation an NC25? I'm NC25 and I tried 117 but its a wee bit too light. The next color is 120 but I'm not sure if that ones too dark..help?
choochoo.gif

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki~
Is anyone using this foundation an NC25? I'm NC25 and I tried 117 but its a wee bit too light. The next color is 120 but I'm not sure if that ones too dark..help?
choochoo.gif

I am NC15 and 117 is PERFECT for me, but I can definitely see that it would be too light for you.

120 is very pinkish, and therefore I dont think it would suite your NC skin, but I could be wrong.

Check out this beauty blog, she has some great swatches.
The Next Best Thing to Going Shopping Yourself: Make Up For Ever

Just bought the foundation. Im a 173 and i got the HD powder. Now i know this is a stupid question but i bought this to see it myself but can someone tell me if this HD powder is like a blotting loos powder?

Trista

Even though I'm NC25 the shade #120 blended perfectly on my skin even though it is pink based. I was surprised cause I have yellow undertones to my skin but the one that was more pink actually flattered me more. Go figure.

larapr06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trista
Even though I'm NC25 the shade #120 blended perfectly on my skin even though it is pink based. I was surprised cause I have yellow undertones to my skin but the one that was more pink actually flattered me more. Go figure.

That's the same shade I bought and I'm NC35 MSF. I love it...
cutey.gif

sh3lby70

Hi everyone, newbie from Australia here! I hope I have posted this request in the correct area, if not, feel free to point me in the right direction!

I need your advice with MUFE HD Foundation colour matching as I have to purchase this on-line (amazon.com). I currently use MAC Studio Fix in NW25 or the Select in NW20 - how would that translate across to the MUFE range? I was thinking the 117 or 118. Has anyone else moved from MAC to MUFE in foundation? Results? The good and the bad!

I am also thinking of the Primer in blue and the HD Face Powder.

Thanks so much!

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh3lby70
Hi everyone, newbie from Australia here! I hope I have posted this request in the correct area, if not, feel free to point me in the right direction!

I need your advice with MUFE HD Foundation colour matching as I have to purchase this on-line (amazon.com). I currently use MAC Studio Fix in NW25 or the Select in NW20 - how would that translate across to the MUFE range? I was thinking the 117 or 118. Has anyone else moved from MAC to MUFE in foundation? Results? The good and the bad!

I am also thinking of the Primer in blue and the HD Face Powder.

Thanks so much!

I was using Studio Fix Fluid before this foundation. I am SO happy that I switched. It gives great depth to my skin and covers fantastic. I'd guess that you are 120 but hopefully some of the other girls can weigh in. I am 117, I promise you, you are not 117, its very yellow undertoned and wouldn't be for anyone whos been using an NW foundation (in my opinion). I used to be NC15 and went with MUFE 117 which is a perfect match.

This is a great foundation.
Doesnt break me out like studio fix.
Stays on my face all day.
And primers are great too, I use the green one and love it
smiles.gif

lethaldesign

Quote:
choochoo.gif

I'm NC25 and was matched to 118 last night at Sephora. (I believe this is one of the new added shades, but I'm not sure) Anyway, I only got a sample to see if I liked it & I used it this morning. LOVEEEEEEEE it so far, but its only been about 4 hours since I applied. The color matches my skin PERFECTLY. Since its the only ones between 117 and 120, I would give it a shot if I were you
smiles.gif
Good luck!

MacPinkFlamingo

Quote:
Does anybody have both this and MAC's Mineralize Satinfinish? Which do you like better? I can't decide between the 2
ssad.gif

I have mineralize satinfinish and it is no contest! HD out performs it in every way. Coverage, consistency, no breakouts, absorbtion, long-lasting, and I could go on and on. Again, I know it is pricey but I have never had a foundation like HD and I have tried them ALL. HTH!

ladyJ

Has anyone tried their HD primers??? I got a sample of it today when i went to go by my foundation. I want to try the green primer for my redness. Anyone tried it yet?

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyJ
Has anyone tried their HD primers??? I got a sample of it today when i went to go by my foundation. I want to try the green primer for my redness. Anyone tried it yet?

I use the green primer and I LOVE it. I have incredibly red skin and ive been waiting for years for a primer to come out thats green and works well, this is the one
smiles.gif

COBI

I am returning the primer. I don't see any real difference with or without it when I use the HD foundation and powder.

civicbabe627

I recieved my samples today. I am really loving this foundation! I wouldn't say it makes my skin flawless, but it does look good, and the 115 is a way better match than my current Lancome foundation!