MUFE High Definition Foundation Discussion

sharkbytes

Re: MUFE High Def Foundation!

I just bought this foundation last week, and my first reaction was, "omg, where have you been all my life?!?!" It's really the best I've ever tried, including MAC and Chanel.

I'm using the 110 and I'm gonna have to go back and grab the powder. If anyone's having 2nd thoughts about picking this up, let me just tell ya it's a flawless face in a bottle. Complete strangers have stopped me to compliment my skin
smiles.gif

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi.
as soon as i use up my clear primer im going to buy it!!

How do you like the clear primer?
smiles.gif

genduk26

i have oily face... i mean REALLY oily... i use chanel mat lumiere & MUFE mat velvet +.... my face gets oily in 3 hours when i use mat velvet + or around 2 hours when i use chanel... do u think MUFE high def foundation is good for oily face (or better than mat velvet +)?
i use smashbox primer light & lancome t-zone primer.

JolieFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
I'm NCI5 and called MUFE in NYC for samples. They sent me 110, 115 and 117 to try. 110 looks verrrry pink to me in the container and 117 looks like the most likely bet, but I haven't tried any of them on yet. They sure smell a heck of alot nicer than MUFE F&B tho!
smiles.gif

ETA: red's swatches above, which I did not see before I posted, are FANTASTIC and will be a huge help to anyone trying to choose a shade!!

Did you have to pay to ship the samples? I really want to try this out.

Winthrop44

^^No, no charge at all!
smiles.gif
It just took awhile so you have to be a bit patient.

oblivion

im mac SFF NC20. what should my shade be?

i don't have any mufe stores to get the sample from. so i have to order the full bottle online.

can someone help..?

i look like 118 or 120.

JolieFemme

Quote:
^^No, no charge at all!
smiles.gif
It just took awhile so you have to be a bit patient.

Thanks!

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblivion
im mac SFF NC20. what should my shade be?

i don't have any mufe stores to get the sample from. so i have to order the full bottle online.

can someone help..?

i look like 118 or 120.

why don't you try shade 117.

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by genduk26
i have oily face... i mean REALLY oily... i use chanel mat lumiere & MUFE mat velvet +.... my face gets oily in 3 hours when i use mat velvet + or around 2 hours when i use chanel... do u think MUFE high def foundation is good for oily face (or better than mat velvet +)?
i use smashbox primer light & lancome t-zone primer.

The MUFE Mat Velvet is better at controlling oil. The MUFE HD is gorgeous, but is not nearly as matte as the Mat Velvet. HTH!

genduk26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
The MUFE Mat Velvet is better at controlling oil. The MUFE HD is gorgeous, but is not nearly as matte as the Mat Velvet. HTH!

Thank you MzzRach... i won't buy MUFE High Def foundation
yes.gif

Quote:
It's a winner for me. I still love my Giorgio Armani Matte Silk #4, as the colour is literally perfect for me and it has a similar natural finish. But the HD MUFE is lovely and I'm glad I got it.

I'm still searching the best foundation. Between GA Matte Silk & MUFE Mat Velvet, which 1 is better?

MzzRach

For oil control, I would stick with the MUFE Mat Velvet. I love, love the GA Matte Silk, but I like a more natural finish. The MUFE Mat Velvet is much more matte, in my opinion.

blindpassion

Quote:
For oil control, I would stick with the MUFE Mat Velvet. I love, love the GA Matte Silk, but I like a more natural finish. The MUFE Mat Velvet is much more matte, in my opinion.

How do mat velvet and studio fix fluid compare?
whats similar, whats different?

smiles.gif
tia.

genduk26

Quote:

Thanks again.. What do u use for primer? i assume u have oily face as i am. i like your picture.
winks.gif

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion

smiles.gif
tia.

Hi Blind - I have never worn the SFF, believe it or not. I have not had good luck with MAC foundations, they tend to break me out.
ssad.gif
The last one I tried, Mineralize Skinfinish Satin, was lovely, but broke me out. Sorry I cannot do a better comparison for you! I can tell you that the MUFE Mat Velvet dries quickly, so you need to blend quickly. The finish is quite matte and controls oil quite well, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by genduk26
Thanks again.. What do u use for primer? i assume u have oily face as i am. i like your picture.
winks.gif

You are so sweet, thank you.
winkiss.gif
For primer, I normally use either DermaDoctor's TeaseZone, or Shiseido's SPF 55 Sunblock lotion (it's not a primer but has a fantastic matte finish!).

Simply Elegant

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion

smiles.gif
tia.

I've tried both and mat velvet+ is my HG. MUFE's is everything that SFF should be but isn't IMO. I wouldn't suggest it for dry skin but it holds up on my pretty oily skin for around 8 hours without touch up or fading. It doesn't oxidise and they have light enough shades. 15 is lighter than NC15 and 20 is just a bit darker. It doesn't pill up in oilier areas either like SFF and the best thing is that it doesn't feel heavy or look cakey. It sets really fast like SFF though so you have to blend pretty fast.

DirtyPlum

I'm in love... and ive old tried it on the once. Thanks to Mrsjrizzle CP'ing me some to the UK... I couldnt wait to try it.

153 is PERFECT for me (Mac nc40), yellow toned enough, and I love how it covers like SFF but looks and feels like mineralize SF/Select. LOVE!

blindpassion

Quote:
Is anyone using a brush other than the 187 to apply this?

smiles.gif
109!