MUFE High Definition Foundation Discussion

preciouscharm

Re: MUFE High Def Foundation!

I finally went out to get a sample from Sephora. I'm waiting till I finish that to get my bottle. For reference, I'm C40 and am matched with #128

babyleese

Any super acne-prone ladies here use this foundation? I'm pretty acne-prone and I'd like to try it, but I'm scared it'll make me break out >.<. Also, the MUFE counters here don't give out samples so I can't try it out for a few days before I buy it.

leenybeeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyleese
Any super acne-prone ladies here use this foundation? I'm pretty acne-prone and I'd like to try it, but I'm scared it'll make me break out >.<. Also, the MUFE counters here don't give out samples so I can't try it out for a few days before I buy it.

I am acne prone around my chin and have had no issues with the HD foundation.

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyleese

Hehe you're looking at her! I am super acne prone.
All MAC foundations make me break out, Bare escentials makes me break out, everything haha.

But not MUFE HD. This foundation hasn't caused me to have a single break out. I used to get atleast one or two everyday!
ssad.gif
but no more!
smiles.gif

Changing my foundation was a big help, so was making sure I was using the right skin care, etc.

But this foundation has only helped my skin in general.
Id definitely suggest it.

SarahRN

Thanks everyone...I'll definitely get a sample the next time I go to Sephora!

babyleese

blindpassion, you've been a great help in this thread! =) I took the plunge and bought MUFE HD and it's been awesome so far.

I have a question about the MUFE HD green primer...does it actually help the foundation stay on longer? I've read some reviews and mose say it's good at correcting redness, but it's not that great as an actual primer. I have combo, acne-prone skin and I'm looking for a new primer that keeps foundation on and makes it last longer...I've tried:
- Smashbox - clogged pores
- Monistat - clogged pores
- Shiseido - irritated and made my skin itchy
- MAC P&P SPF 50 - dried my skin out like crazy! to the point of flakiness
And when I use only the foundation, I eventually turn into an oily mess. I'd like to try the MUFE green primer to help correct some redness I have, but it'd be great if it actually works as a primer as well.

blindpassion

babyleese, the MUFE Green HD Primer is what I use
smiles.gif

I have a lot of redness and discoloration problems in my face due to previous acne and scarring. I find the HD primers go on more like moisturizer and color corrector, and less like a primer - which is fine. I use the Green HD primer after I have cleaned my face and used a light moisturizer. After the HD primer, I put on what would be considered a real primer and less of a "corrector"

I use MAC's Matte (MUFE All Mat works too, but I like MAC's better.)

I put this mostly in problem areas, such as my cheeks where my pores are larger, my nose where foundation tends to sink into my pores, and anywhere I have bumps, as it smoothes them out and preps your face for a flawless foundation application
smiles.gif

Let the HD primer dry before using another primer on top, put a VERY small amount of each on your face. If you use too much, it tends to build up and get flaky on your skin.

Let me know if theres anything else I can help you with.

I've got to say, I have serious redness and scarring, and after using the steps I just described... I get compliments on my flawless skin. If they only knew, hehe.

wynchester76

i lightened up quite a bit since i got the mufe & i got the 135 which is now to dark for me--if ur nw30 i would go with the 135 or 145 hth! sorry i just now seen the question--ps i have my mufe 135 for sale 90% full if ur interested
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukinamama
have you find your MUFE foundation color?I am nw30 and I need help to choose right color for me.Since there is no MUFE in my country I have to order it online.pls help me
winkiss.gif

NicksWifey

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBI
Fast forward to today.... I used this for about 6 weeks or so before going back to some of my other foundations. I don't know what changed, but I am no longer as in love with this as I was when I first bought it at all. I find that it does look more caked now than it seemed to in the beginning and sitting on top of my skin versus looking flawless. My skin type is still the same, no more or less dry/oily than before.

Although, I don't find this necessarily different from any other foundation experience I've had (where I like it a lot for a while and then rediscover my love for another foundation), I will not be rushing out to buy a replacement bottle at $40 any time soon. I do still use it once and a while, but don't find that it has the staying power as it seemed to when I first tried it. Go figure.
th_dunno.gif

Currently, I am generally not even using a foundation, just some concealer for circles and Natural MSF. I think the next thing I'm going to try is the Smashbox Halo Perfecting Powder.

Thank you so much for this post! I wore my HD foundation yesterday and I had the same effect as you, it looked & felt cakey and it did just look like it was sitting on top of my skin. I had been wearing it religiously for a while, just about everyday but I feel like the 117 is too light for my skin, it just doesn't match the rest of me. Although I do not tan anymore, my body still has a nice glow and my face doesn't match up with my neck & body anymore.
I've had a crappy breakout this past week because of Aunt Flo coming for her "visit" next week (TMI I know!) and all I used was my Studio Finish concealer on my problem areas, then put on the HD foundation, topped it with the HD powder and it looked so obvious.

xxprettyinblkxx

hey ladies...i just purchased MUFE HD Foundation the other day and just for reference I'm NC 35 and my mom is NC 30 so we were both matched for 117...HTH anyone who was wondering what shade they might be... :)

NicksWifey

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxprettyinblkxx
hey ladies...i just purchased MUFE HD Foundation the other day and just for reference I'm NC 35 and my mom is NC 30 so we were both matched for 117...HTH anyone who was wondering what shade they might be... :)

I'm a 117 and I'm an NW20, much lighter than you. How does it look on your skin? It's actually too pale for me now.

blindpassion

Quote:

Im extremely shocked that you are MAC NC 35 and MUFE HD 117.

That cant be right.
You can see by my avatar, I am white as a ghost.
Almost lighter then NC15... and MUFE HD 117 is my EXACT match.

How does this look on you?
I would take a look at it out in the daylight - it seems much too light for you.

mizuki~

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
Im extremely shocked that you are MAC NC 35 and MUFE HD 117.

That cant be right.
You can see by my avatar, I am white as a ghost.
Almost lighter then NC15... and MUFE HD 117 is my EXACT match.

How does this look on you?
I would take a look at it out in the daylight - it seems much too light for you.

I'm shocked as well. I'm NC25 and 117 is absolutely too light for me. In the sunlight, the difference between my face & the rest of my body would be very noticeable =/

Winthrop44

Quote:

Have to agree with everyone above. I'm NC15-ish, yellow undertones, and 117 is my best match. Could you maybe mean 127 matched you as an NC35?

onepinkdiamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheeBettyBoop
Has anyone here that's Nc37-Nc40 bought this foundation? If so, what color did you get or recommend to get. Thanks.

Color matched for 155

xoleaxo

Quote:

117 sounds too light for you.. i'm NC35 as well & was matched to #128.

i'm less tan now, can anyone suggest 1 & 2 shades lighter than 128 to try? tia
smiles.gif

alka1

I'm NC30-35 and use #123 in HD foundation. It's a perfect match
smiles.gif

aquaracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoleaxo
117 sounds too light for you.. i'm NC35 as well & was matched to #128.

i'm less tan now, can anyone suggest 1 & 2 shades lighter than 128 to try? tia
smiles.gif

you may want to try 127 (this is for NC30/NC35)

also check out the MUFE/MAC Foundation Shade Conversion Thread, there was a post from Ikara for color matching.

wynchester76

i was nw30 & matched to mufehd 145! i have stopped tanning and am now nw20 & match mufehd 125 if it helps anyone!!!!