MUFE High Definition Foundation Discussion

SolarWhite

Re: MUFE High Def Foundation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole
You can go to any Sephora store and tell them you'd like a sample of the foundation. They will fix you up a free sample just like that. They will even help you find a macth if you are not sure what # foundation you are.
greengrin.gif

Is it in a packet or something that I can take with me? I want to try it outside in the daylight, not in the store.

DownInAHole

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarWhite
Is it in a packet or something that I can take with me? I want to try it outside in the daylight, not in the store.

Yes, they put it in a package so you can take it home and use it when you would like.

leenybeeny

Quote:
Hello ladies! I have a few questions about this foundation. I have owned it for over a month now, and I have a such a hard time applying it. I have acne and very dry spotsall over my face, so when I apply it, it looks very dry and cakes together in those places, including my forehead (inherited wrinkles...ugh, I am only 22!). I use moisturizer and primer, but it does not seem to do the trick. Any ideas? Also, I use my Mac 188 to apply and I do not rush through it. I really need help b/c I plan on using this foundation in my wedding, but I definitely do not want those wrinkles and dry spots showing up. Agh!!!! Well, thank you all for your time.
smiles.gif

Do you use AHA lotion? I have dry, flakey skin and anytime I use a liquid or cream foundation it looks horrible. So I have to make sure to exfoliate with an AHA lotion to keep the flakies away. Other than that, the only thing that doesn't look bad is a powder foundation. Kind of weird since I am putting it on dry skin, but it doesn't 'stick' to the dry spots like liquid does.

DownInAHole

I haven't heard of AHA lotion. May I ask what it is? And thanks for the advice!!! Wow, that's crazy about the powder foundation because looks bad on me too because of my dry skin.

leenybeeny

Quote:
I haven't heard of AHA lotion. May I ask what it is? And thanks for the advice!!! Wow, that's crazy about the powder foundation because looks bad on me too because of my dry skin.

It is Alpha Hyrdoxy Acid lotion. It is alternative to using a physical exfoliant like a scrub, and I find it much more effective. Plus I can use it every day. Many companies make it, but one I have used and really liked is Neutrogena's Healthy Skin lotion. I use it under my moisturizer. I just finished that bottle, so I am going to try the Paula's Choice AHA next since I have liked a lot of her other products. I rely a lot on Paula's reviews, so if you go to Beautypedia you can find some reviews on different AHA lotions. I highly recommend it to anyone with flakey skin. It is an exfoliant, so test a small area first.. it can tingle, but it's just working. If it burns or causes irritation, try a lower concentration. 4% is good for really sensitive skin, or you can use 8% or 10%. I prefer 10% and even though I do have sensitive skin, I "worked my way up" to 10%. Hope it works for you! I know how horrible flakey skin can make the best makeup look! It's frustrating!

DownInAHole

Wow, thank you so much. This will definately come in handy when I do my wedding makeup!

alka1

After several months of owning this foundation and trying out different ways to apply it, I have finally found a method I like.

I've used the 190, 187, 109 and even the 180 and it seems like no matter how I tried the foundation just looked unnatural. I have oily skin with dry surface, so it was hard to buff the foundation without making it look streaky.

I finally settled on the 180 brush and, although it worked rather well, the shape of the brush was awkward to blend liquid foundation with. It was also a little too big. So I switched to the MUFE HD Kabuki. I liked it a lot better because it was synthetic (I feel synthetic works better with creams/liquids) and it was a bit smaller and stiffer.

The MUFE HD has been working great until I decided to try it a different way. I dampened the brush with a small amount of water (you want damp bristles, not wet). This keeps the brush from absorbing too much foundation and allows it to blend flawlessly (the bristles glide over the skin a lot more easily)

For those who don't know, the beauty blender sponge tends to work the same way. If the sponge is a little damp, it tends to apply the foundation a lot more evenly.

I hope that helps someone that is still stuck trying to figure out how to apply this. I really liked this foundation before but now I love it!

Lizzie

I use my 187 and stipple my heart out. I tend to use the 109 for cream foundations.

chavezwifey

hey girls, i need help after reading the whole thread, it seems most of you girls know whats the deal with the MUFE, in MAC in the winter time i'm NC40/42 and in summer i really dont wear foundation but i wear NC 42 and when i really get tan i can wear nc44.. i just order MUFE HD 170 and now it seems its going to be waaay dark for me, any advice ?

pinkhalo

I also bought 170 which was too dark....153 turned out to be perfect instead...but i know as i get darker over the summer i will mix the two

chavezwifey

this sucks, i have to wait and see, if not, i'll get the 153 :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkhalo
I also bought 170 which was too dark....153 turned out to be perfect instead...but i know as i get darker over the summer i will mix the two

Nepenthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavezwifey
hey girls, i need help after reading the whole thread, it seems most of you girls know whats the deal with the MUFE, in MAC in the winter time i'm NC40/42 and in summer i really dont wear foundation but i wear NC 42 and when i really get tan i can wear nc44.. i just order MUFE HD 170 and now it seems its going to be waaay dark for me, any advice ?

I'm in the same colour range as you, and I found that 153 was perfect with my winter tones, but recently I noticed that the colour was looking a bit off. I just recently picked up 170, which is too dark for me right now, but I'm content to custom mix them as I get progressively darker over the next few months.

l1onqueen

I'm going to give this a try. Do any of you oily ladies have a problem with oxidation? I am a grease ball and currently use MAC SFF in NC45. Its looks good when I put it on, but by the end of the day I am day glo orange.

TISH1124

I wear MAC SFF NC45 as well I have been wearing MUFE HD for a week now and it is hot as hell here., sweating like a mugggg...and I have experienced non of the oxidation I normally get from some of the MAC foundations. It does not go Terracotta on me.

Winthrop44

Has anyone tried mixing MUFE HD 110 and 117? 117 is too dark, 110 is too pink for me
ssad.gif

alka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1onqueen
I'm going to give this a try. Do any of you oily ladies have a problem with oxidation? I am a grease ball and currently use MAC SFF in NC45. Its looks good when I put it on, but by the end of the day I am day glo orange.

never had any oxidation problems here. color stays true
smiles.gif

still loving this foundation!