Does anyone else get ACNE around their LIPLINE?

Lucenah

I always seem to have this problem, and it's so thoroughly weird and embarassing. I get zits (read: bumps and even WHITEHEADS) around my mouth, and once I finally clear it up with BP or SA cream, it leaves dark spots that last forever... like at least a month, usually more. It looks like my mouth is "messy" - so not a good look!
ssad.gif

It's hard to use concealer, since it's around your mouth and it wears out really quickly. I mean like some times, its RIGHT on the edge of my lips, and when you talk and eat and stuff, it's almost fruitless to try and cover it up.

It's probably caused by the lip gloss. but I usually wear lip gloss everyday, yet this acne happens pretty randomly. So I don't really know if it IS the lip gloss, or if it's a particular type of lip product. It just HAPPENS.

I was thinking of using lipliner... so lipgloss doesn't bleed around my mouth and clog pores, but I'm afraid that might make it even worse >.< Does anyone else have this problem? What do you do about it?
I'm sorry if this is a double post, but I haven't seen it anywhere else.

OfficerJenny

I rarely get actual pimples on my lipline, but I get like blackheads on it quite often. I hate it cause then i squeeze and squeeze and my lip is red and ugly foreverrrr

xc

talste

occasionally I get one pop up usually after I wax my lip line, I use a spot treatment to dry them out & they clear up pretty quickly.

k.a.t

I don't get actual spots..but i do get blackheads..oh how it hurts when i try and squeeze them
ssad.gif

kimmy

i get them once in a while and i hate them. you try to pop them and they hurt like hell, you can't use alot of products on them because of where they're at.

i can't offer you any miracle cures, just maybe stop using lip products for a few months and see if you still get them. if not, then it's the lip products. if you still get them, you can always see a dermatologist who might be able to give you something for them.
smiles.gif

glam8babe

i sometimes get pimpes or small blackheads on my lip line - not too often
but i HATE IT!!!!!!!!! and when i pop it, it kind of goes big and looks like i have a bust lip, not a good look

Dreamergirl3

ugh occasionally I do get these, and I LOATHE them! What works best for me so far is dampening a q-tip in some .5% salycilic acid toner and line your lips. If you like to put chapstick on before sleeping like me, apply that first and then follow with the treated q tip. HTH, it works for me almost always except that time of the month. Damn hormones.

Lucenah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamergirl3
ugh occasionally I do get these, and I LOATHE them! What works best for me so far is dampening a q-tip in some .5% salycilic acid toner and line your lips. If you like to put chapstick on before sleeping like me, apply that first and then follow with the treated q tip. HTH, it works for me almost always except that time of the month. Damn hormones.

Oh! Why didn't I think of that? I am trying that tonight before I sleep.... and yeah I put on lip balm too, though I really doubt it's because of that.....
Just a couple of days ago I got two zits on my top and bottom lips, RIGHT on top of each other.... lord it's so weird... which is why I posted this
yes.gif

I'm glad I'm not the only one though.....

cetati

I have tiny white bumps around my lip line I cannot get rid of. I just remember to remove my make up really well at night, because residual make up is the worst.

redambition

i get blackheads, bumps and sometimes whiteheads.

it's annoying but seems perfectly normal. i try to ignore it as much as possible
smiles.gif

NatalieMT

I get big spots on my lipline, sometimes right in the corners of my lips that is super painful. I believe the cause of spots on the lipline/chin/mouth area are all due to hormones and so there isn't really much you can do to stop them unfortunately.
ssad.gif
Just cover them as best you can, seems it's a problem a lot of people have so we're all in the same boat.

Glow21

I used to get this a lot, but it all cleared up when I stopped using carmex lip balm. I didn't really make the connection until recently when I used it again and broke-out AGAIN. But I guess that area is quite prone to zits when you think about it - lipgloss/balm, eating, drinking, kissing and generally touching your face to make sure there's nothing on it...

amity

I'm so glad I found this... here I was thinking I was the only one in the world who got these things around my lips. I thought I had some sort of std to be quite honest.. :$

but anyways... I found that leave them alone, never touch your lips and wear as little lipgloss as possible. I get them bad but I also have my fingers on my lips A LOT cause I bite my nails. When I stopped biting my nails for like a month I had maybe only one breakout around my lip line.

So....
don't touch them
don't pop them
don't bite your nails!

Jello89

I got it twice. It happens when Im sick on the week before my period LOL. I usually have zero pimples, but break out when i PMS. When Im sick, because of constant nose leaking and blowing and rubbing. Pimple on the lipline. Sounds weird but its the only 2 times I got it. I try not to pop them...but it looks nasty.
ssad.gif
These things just happen. *sniff*

darkwater_soul

I used to get those, then I started reverse lining (ie lining around the outside of my lips) with Clinique's acne treatment concealer, and I not only have not had a breakout (blackheads or whiteheads) since, but it works better than linign my lips and prevents bleeding. HTH! Choose a color close to your skin tone, and then set it with just a touch of powder and it stays all day and looks natural.

Clinique | Skin Care | Acne | Acne Solutions Concealing Stick