12 Pan Palette on Ebay ... Fake????

Ciara

Hey guys,

Im afraid my friend just bought this 12 pan palette on Ebay and Im 99.9% positive its fake.
angry.gif

She emailed me all excited and I asked her to send me the link b/c i never heard of a 12 eyeshadow palette. I felt bad emailing her back to let her know of my suspicions.

Posting it here to see if anyone else can confirm...

MAC Eyeshadow Palette Limited Ed 12 Shades Compact Set - eBay (item 260291914758 end time Sep-29-08 20:19:01 PDT)

***UPDATE***

She emailed the seller to let them know she was advised of the products being fake....

The seller responded with...

No, this is not fake. This was a limited edition set from the 2007 Holiday Season. Ask them what was their Holiday set last year. This was it. So I dont see whoever told you this was fake.
If you dont want to complete this transaction, then we'll cancel it. As anything you buy out of MAC Stores, well, they will tell you it is not real because they want you to buy directly.

Ciara

I cant believe these scammers are getting $50-60 a pop for these fake palettes.

Thats why i dont like buying stuff on ebay.

Hilly

Aww Bummer! It is a fakester. Tell your friend to contact Paypal and file a claim. HTH!

Ciara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly
Aww Bummer! It is a fakester. Tell your friend to contact Paypal and file a claim. HTH!

You can just tell by looking at it but how about when you put in the claim with Paypal .... how can she prove to them its fake.

Thanks!!!

TDoll

Oh yeah...that's 1000% fake. Look at the sponge applicators!! Damn, not even just that...just the whole thing is...just wrong. MAC has never done anything like that. It's been said a thousand times, but it's a shame people sell these fakes to people who may not know any better.

rt66chix

I'm sorry that your friend was sold such an atrociously bad fake
ssad.gif

Its so frustrating to find out that people actually buy these things.

Ciara

I know I felt bad just telling her they were fake.
She sounded sooo excited in her email.

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciara
You can just tell by looking at it but how about when you put in the claim with Paypal .... how can she prove to them its fake.

Thanks!!!

MAC has never released a product like this in any country, so that would be the first point to make. It doesn't even resemble any authentic MAC product.

abbyquack

If you can, also report the user to eBay- they're not going to tolerate counterfeiters for a second!

Ciara

***UPDATE***

She emailed the seller to let them know she was advised of the products being fake....

No, this is not fake. This was a limited edition set from the 2007 Holiday Season. Ask them what was their Holiday set last year. This was it. So I dont see whoever told you this was fake.
If you dont want to complete this transaction, then we'll cancel it. As anything you buy out of MAC Stores, well, they will tell you it is not real because they want you to buy directly.

Are you freaking kidding me!!!! This seller is full of it!! Seriously!!
angry.gif

abbyquack

OMG are you serious? That is such B.S.! This person is totally disgusting to make such dishonest claims, of course MAC would say it's a fake, and a really bad attempt at that. I'm glad she can get out of it, though!

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciara
***UPDATE***

Are you freaking kidding me!!!! This seller is full of it!! Seriously!!
angry.gif

sadly this is a common response.

the seller is either sure that they are fakes and is trying to convince you otherwise, or really has no clue.