120 palettes being sold as MAC :S

lilithbloody

So today I decided to log into my ebay account and I saw "MAC cosmetics" as a featured search.. I don't usually use ebay for MAC but I was just curious.

I came across some 120 palettes labeled with the MAC logo, but one of them catched my eye:

MAC paleta de 120 sombras + Regalo en venta en eBay.es (finaliza el 13-feb-10 10:01:39 H.Esp)

The auction is in spanish, the seller basicaly says that she got two palettes and she need to get rid of one of them. She claims that the seller who in first place sold her the palettes told her that they were MAC and she trust him because "the shadows are really pigmented and long lasting, so they have to be MAC". Note that she is selling a plain palette with no logo or anything related to MAC

I've tried to report her to ebay but ebay spain won't allow me to do that since only the manufacturer could.

Do you know if there's anything that I could do?

By the way, the auction has a "buy it now" price of 79,90€!! (that's $109,28!!)
thmbdn.gif

Edited:
Look what I found at one of her listings ( http://cgi.ebay.es/ORGAMS-NARS-ORIGI...item1c10191920 )
"only serious bidders please. The money collected in this auction will be destined to a relative's cancer surgery. This is serious. Please respect it. Thanks" I could say lots of things about this behaviour but I better keep them ¬¬ Last but not least, she has paypal as a pay method but she'll charge you +2€ when paying with paypal.

lilithbloody

I feel sorry for the people that spend so much money in fakes. I mean, $100?? Come on, do a little bit of research and you'll see that you could get the same item for less and find out that MAC do not manufacture those palettes.

I've already sent her an email asking if she truly believed the seller about the palettes being MAC or if she just sell the palette knowing that it's a fake. I guess I won't get an answer..

Junkie

You could also report her for circumventing fees - bascially charging for more after the fact. Everything is supposed to be included in the price + shipping only. They are not allowed to charge extra paypal fees like we do.

i have been a victim of fake mac on ebay when i was new to the brand!! alot of people are selling fake mac from china!! i found out the hard way until a good friend told me about MUA! but now i don't have alot of things to swap for so one of my swappers told me about this site. Looking to buy mac, nars, urban decay and too faced!! hope i have better luck here!!

lilithbloody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie
You could also report her for circumventing fees - bascially charging for more after the fact.

I guess I'm doing it wrong because every time I click the "report this auction" button and fill in the form they redirect me to the help page
th_confused_new.gif

Anyone who buys on the internet can be a victim of fake items. There are items that scream "fake" miles away but sometimes the fakes are really close to the original ones. To recognize the first type (if you are really really new) you just have to take a look around ebay or even better, the MAC website to notice the fakes.

tamara4uelite hope you have better luck next time you buy, in specktra you could find great guides about identifying counterfeit
specktra_rocks.gif

lilithbloody

The auction I was refering to ended with someone bidding 31€ and willing to pay 45€ for shipping and handling! That's 76€ (about 100$) for a fake palette.

By the way, I got a reply from the seller:

"Hi there, I think your mesage is inappropiated. I can't be more honest because I think I could state that it's a MAC palette and I didn't do so. I think that the thing you said about me taking the MAC name where it wasn't, is out of place, you don't know me at all"

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilithbloody
I feel sorry for the people that spend so much money in fakes. I mean, $100?? Come on, do a little bit of research and you'll see that you could get the same item for less and find out that MAC do not manufacture those palettes.

I've already sent her an email asking if she truly believed the seller about the palettes being MAC or if she just sell the palette knowing that it's a fake. I guess I won't get an answer..

Lol i know what you mean,these fake 120 PRo eyeshadow palettes are rife on ebay UK!!The one that im posting the link now have been reported by me twice?!Especially as the seller claims that the girlfriend got it as a prize from her workplace!Selfridges"
lol.gif
lol.gif
so now we have famous store offering their employees fake Mac yeahhhhhhhh
greengrin.gif

It has been bidded up to £80
thmbdn.gif
thmbdn.gif

Item number:250579139072
!BlzH-2!BGk~$(KGrHqMOKicEtiP(bqciBLdF11Zcsw~~_35.JPG

In this aution i am seling a rare 120 pice MAC eye shadow palette. My girlfriend works in selfridges and recieved this fantastic set as a gift from a new promotion. This set is brand new, sealed and has never been used.