182 Kabuki Techniques?

serendipityii

I bought the 182 the other day and I looooove how soft it is! It's like touching velvet... *sigh* soo soft.

But yeah, besides petting it, I don't know what the heck to do with it. Can I use it to apply liquid foundations? How about Studio Tech?

And how do you do this "buffing" that I read so much about? I'm like... "buff? what? car wax?"
th_dunno.gif

User20

Buffing is just using the brush in a circular motion to blend the product in or together. Another way is to add color with short strokes, using the side of your brush.

aziajs

I would stick to powders with the 182. It is mainly, to my knowledge and from my personal use, used for applying and blending powders - blush, bronzer, foundation, etc.

user79

You just buff around your face in circle motions. It's good for powder products like mineral foundation, blot powder, studio fix...I often just use the brush at the very end of doing all my make-up to blend the blush with my foundation perfectly. It gives a flawless look. If you don't use a lot of powder products, I don't really know what you would use it for. I guess you could use it to buff your liquid foundation once it's set on your face?

calbear

I use it to apply quite a few liquid products - studio fix fluid, cream blushes, etc. I use it for all my face products. I love the finish it gives for all my products.

anuy

MAC brushes are equivalent to an artists' brushes so there are no rules as far as what brushes can be used for what. any brush can be used for liquid or cream or powder (although it is not recommended to do all three with the same brush without cleaning in between.)