187 & 182

JustDivine

If you have both of these brushes how/what do you use them for?

I bought the 182 because I needed a new powder brush and thought that one for buffing would be great but Im beginning to think it has no place or purpose!

Obv I have it now so need to put it to good use!

Any comments/suggestions pls.....

nunu

i use my 182 to apply my blot pressed powder, tone done blusher and apply bronzer

the 187 i use it to apply the minerlize skin finishes.

hope this helps.

JustDivine

Thanks Nunu.....I feel less guilty about buying it now! I'll try some of those suggs 2moro......

erine1881

if you use the 182 to apply something, it will give more coverage/intensity. you can use it after you apply something with a different brush to buff it down.

the 187 can be used to apply everything (from foundation to powders) sheerer than other brushes.

blindpassion

I love both of these brushes.

187:

I have two and I use them both for so many things. I use one of them for liquid foundation, it gives a great airbrushed look in my opinion, and the foundation doesnt go on too heavy. I also use it for powder foundations, blushes, MSFs, etc. It applys powders very sheer so you can build them, unlike if you were to use a thicker powder brush, youd get a more intense application

For example, the 182 gives a more intense, more full coverage application.
The 182 is one of my favorite brushes
I use it for applying and buffing powder foundation, for days when I want a more full coverage look. I also use it for MSFs and blushes on the apples of my cheeks. Its great for buffing any powders or applying them if you want a more full coverage application.

Both of the brushes are amazing in my opinion, dont give up hope
smiles.gif

xuankristy

I don't have the 182, but I do have the 187. I love using it with my MSF's. It picks up just the right amount of color since I don't need that coverage. I love how it feels against my skin. Sometimes I just don't want to stop using it b/c it is soooo soft. I also use it for my blush. I like to use it for buffing as well so there is no harsh line b/w my blush and my face. hehe HOpe this helps.

glassy girl

There both my fav brushes 187 u can apply everything foundation/blush/ msf ect. And as far as the 182 its great for buffing foundation any harsh lines from blush/ conturing/ to buff in bronzer u could use 187 4 bronzer too i personaly like 182 for buffing. But u can use it with ur foudation/blush ect. if u want more of a fuller coverage gosh u can use these both brushes 4 everthing. Don't worry good investment u will get the hang of it and love them.

sofabean

i don't have the 182, but i was thinking of buying it. i would use the 182 with mineral foundation for buffering. my 187 is more for my liquid foundations.

JustDivine

Well, just as I began to love the 182 especially for blusher, I had to take it back because I began to hate it for leaving black hairs all over my face. It was horrible and annoying. I got the 134 instead which I'm happy with...I'll stick to my 187's for everything else.

I never used the 182 for foundation/powder because it gave me a very full coverage look...which I certainly don't need. Still it's a good brush if you have one that doesn't behave like a cat!!

anshu7

187 can be used for just about anything foundation powders and blushes
182 can be either used for applying powder or mineral foundation if u want a heavier coverage
or it can be used for blending after u do ur full face.it gives a nice buffed sheen

glassy girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDivine
Well, just as I began to love the 182 especially for blusher, I had to take it back because I began to hate it for leaving black hairs all over my face. It was horrible and annoying. I got the 134 instead which I'm happy with...I'll stick to my 187's for everything else.

I never used the 182 for foundation/powder because it gave me a very full coverage look...which I certainly don't need. Still it's a good brush if you have one that doesn't behave like a cat!!

Wow im surprise my 182 never sheds but my 187 does but i still love it.