187 brush help!

xjsbellamias13

So I bought the 187 brush and when I initially bought it I had a pretty good idea of what I was going to use it for.But when the time came it turned out horrible!First I used the brush with studio fix powder but the brush seemed to pick up too much and it just stuck to my face and wouldnt spread well.Next I tried it with blush,well it pretty much did the same thing!I have seen so many girls use it for thier blush,and powder and it looks great!what am I doing wrong?I think im using a light enough hand but now i dont know....please help me!What do you guys usually use your 187 with?Please tell me i didnt spend 42 bucks in vain!

Jillipede

I use mine for blush, for finishing powders, blot powder etc. My trick is to get just a smalll amount of powder on the brush and very lightly sweep across the skin. The great thing about this brush is it allows blush to be buildable. It also allows for tiny amounts of illuminating powders so you don't apply too much of anything. Usually I just get the powder on the tips of the brush and if it's a loose powder I swirl to distribute, tap off the excess and lightly sweep across my face. Hope that helps.. Jill

glittergoddess27

Nope not spent in vain,.. with the 187 I agree with Jillipede,.. you dont need to pick up very much product at all,.. it is more for building up color gently to get an airburshed type look. Also make sure you have cleaned your brushes well. I use mine a lot and since it holds a decent amount of product in the brush itself,.. I use a spritz of diluted MAC brush cleaner after each time I use it and a really good cleaning at least once a week or depending on if I am doing any sessions more than that.