187---for everything at once?

zombie_candy

hi everybody, i've just purchased my first 187 and i'm in love! but i've been seeing a lot of people use it for multiple things. i primarily wanted to use it for powder and powder blushes, but i've been wanting to try MAC blushcremes---which people also use with the 187. my question is, if you're going to use it all at once (powder+blushcreme+any other), don't you have to clean the 187 multiple times during one makeup session? my makeup routine in the morning is already sooooooooo long....

DaizyDeath

im not very fond of using my brushes in cream product
i usually just apply with my fingers
haha
so im not shure if i could help you on this one but id imagine if you use the cream before the powder then u might get some real sticky ness when u try to apply the powder.

litlaur

I don't use my 187 for cream products, but when I do need to clean a brush mid-application, I brush it back and forth on an old towel until I see little/no color come off the brush. You can also wipe the brush with a makeup remover wipe or towel/tissue dampened with remover, then on a dry towel.

allan_willb

you could use it for everything but you would have to pretty much wash it after every use.I'm a brush freak and I need like a brush for everything I use.And I just can't get my matte and shimmer products all mixed up all together.AHHHH!So people have many 187's.One for everything.

For blushcreme you could try the 192 or even the 116.

Eemaan

i have two seperate 187s. one for foundation and one for MSFs and sometimes occasionaly on blushes. i wash it every other day

bellaetoile

i have 3 187s that all have their special purposes. if you only have 1, i would definately recommend washing it between uses, or at least washing it between consistencies. what i mean by that is, seperate your uses into emollient-based products (cream/wet/liquid) and powder products. for the time being, you can buy a flirt skunk brush (they're $7) and use it for blushcream, while you use your 187 for everything else, or vice versa. but yeah, i'd definately recommend at least flash cleaning (brush cleaner on a paper towel) your brush between product changes.

scrapbookromance

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlaur
I don't use my 187 for cream products, but when I do need to clean a brush mid-application, I brush it back and forth on an old towel until I see little/no color come off the brush. You can also wipe the brush with a makeup remover wipe or towel/tissue dampened with remover, then on a dry towel.

I keep a rag handy while doing my makeup to wipe off my brushes between colors/products or whatever, and to wipe the foundation off the back of my hand right away so it doesn't get on my clothes, as well as any other quick n dirty needs. I wash my 187 every other day.

MacVirgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaetoile
i have 3 187s that all have their special purposes. if you only have 1, i would definately recommend washing it between uses, or at least washing it between consistencies. what i mean by that is, seperate your uses into emollient-based products (cream/wet/liquid) and powder products. for the time being, you can buy a flirt skunk brush (they're $7) and use it for blushcream, while you use your 187 for everything else, or vice versa. but yeah, i'd definately recommend at least flash cleaning (brush cleaner on a paper towel) your brush between product changes.

Same here
smiles.gif
..... i also have 3 of those baby's.
1 for foundation, 1 for my facepowders and the one for msf's, pearlizers/bronzers and blushers. After every aplication i wipe my brushes clean. Once a week they take a full bad lol!
lol.gif

(soft baby shampoo. Then i rince well and i put some mac bruscleaner on a dry face cleaningcotton and wipe my brushes with it. Next i put them on a towel to dry). I'm anal about those things, stuff needs to be ready to go next time i need them.

First when i only had one i had to clean it everytime in between products. I'm always in a hurry so that did not work for me. Also for working it wasn't very practicle to only have one. I managed then but it wasn't practicle.

But you can do just more than fine with just one
thmbup.gif