1920's flapper look

Bronzewolf

Hi i need to recreate a 1920's look and would like to know what mac colours to go for the eyes and also cheeks.... lips im going for "russian red" but not sure about the eye combination.... would anyone help me out there, thanx
winkiss.gif

Bronzewolf

anyone? there are a few blacks to choose from and dont know which ones, also i would like to know about a "pinup" look what would be a good colour to put over the whole eye as a base
naked lunch?
vanilla?
nylon?
or
rice paper?

Bronzewolf

thanx, i have had a look at alot of tutorials here and on youtube but they dont really come with colour recommendations for example black tied is meant to be quite glittery and i really need more matt colours to look authentic, so far in my search i have only got lucky with lipstick colours *russian red* is a def.

User49

I'd use blackground paint pot as a base smudge it onto your eyelid with the 239 brush or something firm that works well for blending powder and cream. If you don't have this product, smolder eye pencil or black russian would also work really well smudged all over. Blacktrack fluidline would even work.

Then I'd apply either black tied or carbon on top of that. Or Beauty Marked. and really blend it out. To give it a bit of a modern zing I'd apply a nice highlighter on the inner corner of they eyes and also under brow bone. If you don't want to use black you could use dark purples things like sketch and nocturnell, but darken them up a bit. The eyes were the focus of this time period. The darker the better. I can imagine some of the Cult of Cherry Pigments like heritage rouge looking gorgeous with this as well.

I'd use a 224 brush or something soft and fluffy in texture to blend out the colour and really take it up above the crease of the eye.

Then I'd use bootblack fluidline and flick it a bit at the side. The wet look is good too if you have a glossier wet look powder in black. You could use a silverish glitter mascara and smudge that over the top for sparkle and that effect.

Black mascara and maybe some corner lashes

I'd use blacktrack fluidline or point black liquidlast to make a beauty mark either above the lip or near the corner of the eye.

Really spend time on the brows as these were thinned out and coloured in.

Russian red is quite a bright red, but this could work on the lips.

I'd probably keep the cheeks softer. Maybe something like Blushbaby or even use the premeditated cream colour base but really buff it so it looks soft on the cheeks...

Here's some inspiration :

clara-cover.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg