• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

2008 AMAs: Rihanna-inspired Red Carpet Look

smellyocheese

I've gotten several requests for the tutorial from my FOTD so here it is!

The inspiration:

My+Pictures12.jpg

What we're trying to achieve:

New+Folder66.jpg

Items Used:

L'Oreal De Crease (or any other eyeshadow base like UDPP/TFSI)
Indelible Cream Eyeshadow in Nude Frost (as a base for the white gold color)
Sweetscents Mineral Pigment in Pearl and Gold Silver & Diamonds
Manly Eyeshadow Palette: 1-I3 (medium rose brown)
MAC Eyeshadow in Concrete
MAC Eyeshadow in Ricepaper (highlight)
Bloop Eyeliner Pencil in Black
in2it Long Wearing Eyeliner in Black
L.A. Colors Liquid Eyeliner in Black
Flamingo Mascara/Falsies

P1060470.jpg

New+Folder61.jpg

First, prep the lid with L'Oreal De Crease. Using a flat synthetic brush, apply Nude Frost cream eyeshadow up to the crease, concentrating more on the inner lid. With an eyeshadow brush, sweep on Pearl pigment over the Nude Frost base.

New+Folder62.jpg

Next, get a soft round crease brush (I'm using Coastalscents' Pink Round Crease Brush) to apply the Rose Brown eyeshadow into the crease. Bring down the shadow to the outer corner of the lid and shape the shadow into a wing. Blend out the edges and the separation lines well.

New+Folder63.jpg

Intensify the crease by applying Concrete into the crease, starting from the outer corner of the eye. Use a firmer round crease brush (Italian badger) and follow the shape of the Rose Brown shadow placed earlier. After that, using a small eyeshadow brush, sweep Gold Silver & Diamonds pigment over the Pearl pigment for a white gold sparkle. Apply Ricepaper as highlight right under the brow bone.

New+Folder64.jpg

With the eyeshadow done, the last thing you'd wanna do is mess it up with the liner! So, to be on the safe side, line eyes to your desired shape with an eyeliner pencil. Darken the line with a liquid eyeliner pen. If you're daring enough, darken it even more with a liquid liner. For the lower lash line, pencil liner will do. Finish off with mascara and stick on falsies if you wanna.

New+Folder65.jpg

New+Folder68.jpg

Thanks for looking! And I hope you've enjoyed the tutorial
smiles.gif

smellyocheese

You're welcome! I had fun doing it!
greengrin.gif

I kinda didn't walk out of my room the whole time I had the makeup on. Did the look, took some pictures and remove everything. *sighs* I hate not having any fancy events to go to just so I can dress up!

smellyocheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by airplane_girl
Pretty!! Thanks for the tut! What l/s are you wearing? I was not listed
thmbup.gif

I listed it in the FOTD. sorry

It's from Markwins... actually it's just a pot lipstick then I picked up at the drugstore because it was dirt cheap
tong.gif
and apparently the only pink lipstick that I have.

so, I guess, any shade close to that would do for the look