275 vs. 279 & general brush question

mandirigma

How do the MAC brushes 275 and 279 compare in fluffiness? I have the 279 right now and it's pretty much my favorite brush for applying a highlight to my browbone, and I was wondering if I should spring for a backup or if the 275 is similar enough?

Also, sorry if this is a stupid question, but how long are brushes supposed to last (by years and number of washes)?

anuy

i don't know what the 279 is like but i have the 275 and it's very fluffy. it's basically a slanted version of 213, which is the basic fluff brush.

if you take care of the brushes and wash them gently, they should last several years. HTH!

allan_willb

finally a thread about these 2 brushes....they are both the same the 279 is just a tad bit fluffy than the 275 but they are both very very similar...the 279 is dc already but they came out with the 275.The 279 cant pack color tho...so i use the 252 for the highlight but ill try using mines for highlights next time and see how it goes.

mandirigma

cool.. i just copped a backup for the 279 just in case. (couldn't help it, lol =)

thanks for your tips guys. i want the 275 but i'm holding out in case i ever find it at a cco. lol. but yeah, allan_willb, i love the 279 for a highlight is because it applies color wicked sheerly. and since i'm all about the frosty colors, whenever i'm trying to put vanilla or nylon or what have you and there's too much color on, the highlight makes my browbone flash like a mutha... you could see me coming from a mile away. lol.

allan_willb

lol...thats so funny that you said that i dont know if its wierd but sometimes i love it when my girls brow bones (highlights) FLASH like a motha!hah!