3.25 hours to Sweetie Cake....and I need HELP!!!

Quiana

Ok, so I couldn't restrain myself and had to take a peek at SweetieCake on my lunch hour. So, I ran to the mall and went up to the MAC Counter......I KNOW and am going to buy the nail polishes (for my daughter...and maybe my toes), the apricot piggie, possibly all of the sparkle pencils and maybe one lipglass.

HOWEVER.....I cannot decide on the quad!

I am relatively new to MAC so this would be my very first quad and I REALLY want it for that reason. BUT----I not so impressed with the colors. I really like the blue...but I can do without everything else.

So PUHLEESE help me decide. Should I? or Shouldn't I?

Jennifer Mcfly

I say pass on it if you aren't totally in love with it.
but, sometimes things grow on you. so you could always sell it here if you really wind up not liking it. you don't want to kick yourself in the butt if you miss out on it...
i know, i'm no help
rofl.gif

Aprilrobin

Pass. I was exited about it for the blue too - untill I tried it. Chalky and bad pigmentation =(
Save your money... I bet a lot will be put up for swap too

Parishoon

I passed on the quad, even though it was want I initally wanted. Once I saw those swatches I was like meh, my 34 can be better spent, or saved for a later collection

Lauren

After seeing swatches of the quad I was disappointed, but when I went in today and quickly swatched them all, I was quite pleased. Right now I'm wearing Gateaux (the pink) on the lid, Pinked Mauve on the outer lid, Demi-Sweet (the purple) in the crease, and Almond Icing to highlight. I really love this quad!

mandirigma

i'm wearing the three pink-toned colors today (almond icing, gateaux, and demi-sweet). personally i love the quad and even thought about getting a backup, but if you're only in love with one color, don't get it. it should be easy to find stand-ins for all the colors in the quad, so i'm sure you can get a lookalike for the blue ond easily.

Quiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parishoon
I passed on the quad, even though it was want I initally wanted. Once I saw those swatches I was like meh, my 34 can be better spent, or saved for a later collection

WOW...thanks for all the quick replies. I think I will pass on it as I probably can find a similar blue and $34 is a little step for something I really am not feeling...I'll have to stand my ground because once I get to the counter and get caught up in the atmosphere, I am likely to buy anything
lol.gif

junealexandra

Personally, I love the quad all the colors and the pigments. The blue makes my Brown eyes really stand out. It's soft and beautiful, and the colors hold up for me. LAZE eyes was too pasty. Not sparkly like Lingerie. I love the bright colors from culture bloom and I love this one because it's different. I passed on all the lip colors. There are good face charts in the gallery w/ Hug Me Lip and prism etc.

shamelessmuse

I wasn't wild about the quad at first, well until today when I went in and I really love it now. Once I swatched it I was sold! The piggies are great too. I just racked up on Sweetie Cake!

d_flawless

i totally passed on the quad. i honestly think they colors are too soft to have much color pay-off as they appear. i dunno, i was wasn't really impressed it with, but i prefer bold colors...

lovejam

I didn't think I'd like the quad, until I actually tried on the colors. Then I was in love with it and had to get it.