• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

3 bold colors, 3 bold liners

mslips

Finally a new tut from me!!! This time it's the 3 color thing, where some of you were asking about. Well here it is!

The Tools:

3boldcolors001.jpg

*Bare Minerals in Med. Beige

*Kryolan loose powder

*Mac mineralize skin finish in lightscapade

*Wet & Wild bronzer in tahitian tan

*Wet & Wild blush in mellow wine

*Vaseline

*Too Faced line & define

*Medusa's Makeup eye dusts in: Soylent Green, Planet Earth, and Comet

*Mac fluidlines in: blacktrack, blue peep, and royal wink

*Cover Girl Volume Exact mascara

*Mac lip glass in fashion pack

*Tony & Tina angled brush

*L'oreal hip pigment brush

*Maybelline angled contour brush

*brush from sephora cream e/l palette

*B.E flawless face brush

*B.E maximum concealer brush

*Mac 129se

*Japonesque powder brush

*Angled blush brush

1. I already had some makeup on from earlier, just some concealer, mascara, blush, lil liner and brows filled in and mascara. Lookin oily.

3boldcolors006.jpg

2. I apply the bare minerals foundation with the flawless face brush. I love this stuff! It withstands the heat and has spf 15. It feels like yer not wearing anything and looks very natural. I was never a foundation girl until i tried this stuff.

3boldcolors008.jpg

3. I don't use the mineral veil to set it because it itches my face, but i use either the kyrolan powder or nyc's, kryolan in this case.

3boldcolors012.jpg

4. Now I take the angled blush brush and apply wet & wild bronzer in tahitian tan on the hollows of the cheeks to contour them and create some cheekbones since i have nothing but fat on my face. I apply a little on the forehead, temples, down the nose and chin.

3boldcolors013.jpg

5. I apply wet & wild mellow wine blush on the apples of the cheeks blending with the bronzer in circular upward motion.

3boldcolors016.jpg

6. Now with the mac 129 brush i apply the msf in lightscapade right on the cheekbones to give some highlight and glow.

3boldcolors018.jpg

7. A thick layer of loose powder to catch the eyeshadow fall out and brush away when done.

3boldcolors022.jpg

8. With the tony & tina angled liner brush i apply comet on the inner corners.

3boldcolors026.jpg

9. Following that, i apply soylent green and end it with planet earth.

3boldcolors027.jpg

3boldcolors033.jpg

10. I highlight the brow bone with a natural colored shimmer stick. I used avon's in natural.

3boldcolors035.jpg

11. Now, i apply a little bit of vaseline just right under the highlight, maybe mixed in a little. Don't use too little or too much.

3boldcolors038.jpg

12. With the hip pigment brush i apply comet from the inner corner to the middle of the lid by pressing and blending it on so the dust won't fall off fast and be caught by the vaseline.

3boldcolors040.jpg

13. From here we take soylent green and press and blend just down the middle making it straight and angled.

3boldcolors044.jpg

14. Then I apply planet earth on the ends. This is the most challenging step for me because you have to make it perfectly even. So here's the application and evening out.

3boldcolors048.jpg

3boldcolors051.jpg

3boldcolors053.jpg

3boldcolors055.jpg

15. Ok so the lining part. I use the brush from the sephora cream e/l palette. Here i line the bottom mid waterline with mac fluidline in blue peep. Let it dry and do another layer.

3boldcolors059.jpg

16. I line the rest with royal wink, wait for it to dry and apply another layer.

3boldcolors062.jpg

17. For the top, I start from the inner lashline and go out and up to create a wing.

3boldcolors063.jpg

3boldcolors065.jpg

18. Fill that wing in

3boldcolors068.jpg

19. Apply the mascara, finish with mac lip glass in fashion pack.

3boldcolors070.jpg

and! the finished look!

3boldcolors072.jpg

3boldcolors073.jpg

3boldcolors084.jpg

3boldcolors080.jpg

3boldcolors082.jpg

Shimmer

your lips are perfect. You've rocked everything I've ever seen you do. Thanks for the tutorial.
smiles.gif

mslips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showgirl
Very nice. Would you recommend medusa's makeup then?

Do you have a link to their site pls?

definately. they are one of my fave makeup brands when it comes to vivid eye colors. the link is medusasmakeup.com

mslips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
your lips are perfect. You've rocked everything I've ever seen you do. Thanks for the tutorial.
smiles.gif

aww thank you so much!

goink

Wowzors!
clap.gif

I'm more of a neutral girl, but after seeing your tutorial, I might break out the vibrant colours.

aeryss

this is a great tut and you definitely fixed me with these medusa pigments. these colors are so gorgeous. *runns* *throws her credit card in the trash can*
greengrin.gif