3 MA's suggested 3 different concealer colors

Flammable

Ok, what am I supposed to do when three different MAC MA's suggest three different concealer colors for my skintone, all for the same product (Select Cover-up)? Just test out the samples and make the decision for myself even if I wanted an 'expert' opinion? I'm at a loss, I went to three different counters over the past week and each MA recommended a different shade (NW 40, NC 42, NC 45), I'm not sure why that happened?
th_dunno.gif

Anything like this happened to you? Any advice what to do in such a situation?

sleepyhead

oh, that happens to me all the time. i have some pretty bad pigmentations on my face, so depends on where the MAs sees as the "normal color", i've been matched to NC43 and NC20 on the same day! and this is for foundation, not concealer.

i don't know what you are trying to cover with the concealer. you may need different colors for dark circles/acne/scars. i would ask for a sample of each color and play with them at home and see which one you are most comfortable with. or at least try see your self in natural day light after the color match because lightings at the counters can make a huge difference

Simply Elegant

I would think it's the different lighting and different judgment of the MA.

I would swatch all of them on the side of my neck and go out into natural light to see which is best.

Flammable

All of these different suggestions were made for the same area- my undereye circles! I mean I would have understood if one suggestion was for undereye and another for blemishes or whatever, but all these different colors were all suggested for one area, and I know for a fact that my undereye area did not change color within a week.

Aren't all MAC MA's trained about the same? Why such different recommendations?
thmbdn.gif

Today, I put one color under one eye and another under the other eye and then went out, funnily enough I didn't see much difference in the colors though? even though one was NW40 and the other was NC45.

I'm a little lost.
ssad.gif

Trista

You know this happens to me all the time. I've been told I'm anywhere from NC20 to NC30 depending on the artist. And this was during the winter so I don't think my complexion has changed! I honestly end up mixing my concealer colors on the back of my hand until I get the desired color to apply.