3rd key

onnachan

sooooo... i have an interview for 3rd key at my counter coming soon and im supper stoked!
punk_.gif

i've chatted with my counter's old 3rd key about what to expect and i think i have a good idea of some of the questions that they might ask...
ie)aus to date; why am i the most qualified candidate? what do i think the position entails? etc...

but i think one can never be too prepared...does anyone have ideas on other questions that they may ask? i would be ever so grateful!!

thanks!! and i'll keep you all posted!

.VivaDiva.

Good for you hun! But what exactly is a counter 3rd key lol.

Whatever it is though sounds great and i hope all goes well at the interview (i'm sure you'll be great!)

~VD

onnachan

ohhhh.. the mac lingo....
at a mac counter you have a manager, assistant manager and then 3rd key.. you support management and counter staff... kind of act as a liason, i guess. some free standing stores have two 3rd key postions because they have so many staff!

tarteheart

In general, when you're moving up into a more managerial position, I think your interviewers will be looking for your ability to make decisions, ability to give direction to others, ability to handle difficult situations (like tough customers when managers aren't available). Hope that helps a little.

calbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by onnachan
ohhhh.. the mac lingo....
at a mac counter you have a manager, assistant manager and then 3rd key.. you support management and counter staff... kind of act as a liason, i guess. some free standing stores have two 3rd key postions because they have so many staff!

My store has three 3rd keys cause we have such a large staff.

noteventherain

Quote:
I GOT THE POSITION!
cutey.gif

My manager phoned me yesterday with the news!! yay!

woohoo! congrats!
smiles.gif

sci tech

Quote:
I GOT THE POSITION!
cutey.gif

My manager phoned me yesterday with the news!! yay!

Please share what was asked and how you dealt with!
smiles.gif

LadyGina

Congratulations. I am having my second interview for a Third Key position today. I've been preparing. Of course, I am nervous and excited all at the same time...

LadyGina

I started my 3rd Key position yesterday. I have a lot of work ahead of me, but I'm excited about it.