4 questions...*edited*

caRpediEm17

ok i was looking @ buying carbon or black tied? it seems like everyone is in favor of them, but i can only choose one...which one wold you recommend?

also, what is fix+ spray? sorry if there is another post on it, feel free to juSs post a link to it..

one more...what do you use to help your foundation/face make up stay throughout the day without smearing or fading?

jeez are you sick of all these questions yet? =)...whats the difference between PINK FREEZE and SWISH? which would you recommend?

TIA!

XoXo

1- carbon is matte so it has no shine or sparkles. its just pure black. if you want something with sparkles get black tied. i like black tied better but carbon is also useful.

fix + is a spray you put on to set your makeup. you can put it on before or after, i have it and its pretty useful. i also heard people spray it on their elbows if they are rough. so i think its multi purpose.

i put on moisturizer before so my foundation & powder has something to cling onto. I also heard prep + prime face is good but ive never used it. HTH!
smiles.gif

lovejam

I don't have Carbon, but I have Black Tied. I don't use black e/s often, but I have Black Tied because the sparkles sort of soften the black a little bit. I can't use straight black, it's way too harsh. I'm pale, and my hair and eyes are pretty dark as is.

lovemichelle

i would go for carbon..

i use fix+ over my make-up to keep it in place and to make my eyeshadows and msf's more vibrant.

i use mac's oil control lotion under my foundation (i use bare minerals) and it lasts all day.

bellaetoile

1 - i have both carbon and black tied, and frankly, even though they're the same color, i find i use both so regularly, it definately justifies having both, if that makes sense. they do completely different things, and are both super versatile. i guess if i had to pick one i'd go with black tied, but i couldn't live without them both. black tied is black with glittery silver sparkles, but its subtle, and not as messy or flaky as lustres, and carbon is just plain, basic, black matte eyeshadow.

2 - fix+ is this amazing spray that does like, everything. put it under your makeup, or over, and it totally keeps it in place and makes is look really good. hard to describe, ask an MA or just buy this. the bottle lasts forever and smells really good too.

3 - primer under foundation. i like smashbox primer, some use prep and prime face from mac. both are gels meant to help foundation look better and last longer.

can't help you with pink freeze and swish. i don't do pink eyehsadows, sorry..

LatinaRose

i have both carbon and black tied and like the poster above, i use both of them fairly often. mostly i use black tied all over the lid when i want a smokey eye and carbon as a liner when i use brighter colors. i can't imagine not having both, but if i had to pick, i think i would choose carbon.

fix+, honestly, i don't understand the hype. I had this and ended up giving it away. it made my face too dewy/oily looking after makeup and did not seem to "refresh" it very well. i might be the only one on here who thinks so, but i don't think this is worth having.

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

It depends what use you have for a "black" e/s. If you just want one as a liner type of thing, go for carbon, its very versatile and great! I bought black tied last night but haven't yet had the chance to wear it... It looks gorgeous and you would have many more uses for it I believe... But carbon IS one of my staples and I use it just about everyday...

What sort of foundation do you use? You could try useing something with a medium to full coverage... firstly using a primer, like MAC prep prime for face, then using foundation, and using prehaps a blotting powder after application of foundation as well as throughout the day to "touch up"... or get yourself some invisible set powder, thats a pro product so you won't be able to get that at a normal counter/store... and a spray of fix+ when you've finished your make-up, an quick bursts through out the day should help as well...

From what I remember last night, pink freeze is more lustre and glittery and a more pinkier color than swish... I'd rather get pink freeze...

caRpediEm17

alrigth so i actually took my dress in last night to my mac counter and wound up buying 3 culturebloom colors: botanical, overgrown and spring up, as well as black tied...i wasnt really sure about the colors, but i mean she sounded like she knew what she was talking about sooo im gonna try and experiment with different looks over the course of the next couple weeks...if you have any suggestions on how to wear the colors that would be great! i also have these colors:

-pink venus
-mystery
-twinks
-naked lunch
-retrospeck
-bronze
-beauty marked
-showstopper
-mink pink
-steamy
-beautiful iris
-violet pigment

i think thats about it, nothing too special but if you know of any combos that would work that would be wonderful! thanks so much!