$40 for a MAC virgin

LeeanneMarie

Heres the situation. Say you have 40 dollars to spend. You own NO MAC items, in fact, you only own drugstore items. What would you buy? I realize 40 dollars isn't much but pretend its all you have to work with.

However, you don't really need eyeshadow, foundation, or mascara. Those things are already covered.

urbanlilyfairy

I would suggest buy some e/s and lipglass or lipstick I think you could get 2 e/s and like one L/s or l/g for 42 + tax .. you can get decent brushes cheaper.. The essence of beauty brushes are great ..they are sold in Cvs or walgreens phramacys. I dunno what kind of makeup you prefer ..but Mac e/s are awesome ..and the lip glasses although sticky have great color payoff.

newagetomatoz

My vote goes to an all purpose brush for eyeshadow or the 188 (my love!) or to an everyday blush that you will get use out of. If you are looking for something out of the newer collections, go with an MSF because I know that I always regret not buying them when I had the chance. Or maybe a shape-sculpt duo because they are so versitile and a little goes a long way.

Kuuipo

Honestly, good handmade brushes make all the difference in the world. You should buy them one at a time, the ones in sets are generally machine made and often inferior in many ways. A good brush will last decades if you wash it in a good pH balanced conditioning shampoo (not alkaline and drying like baby shampoo) and dry it over the edge of a plate so the hairs don't loosen in its metal crimp. Don't scrimp on brushes, it really does make a difference when you use good tools!

As a young person, a really good lipstick and a great mascara was all the makeup I needed. However, there are some drugstore lines that have fab lipsticks (Revlon, Wet and Wild-check them out! and Rimmel) and luxurious mascaras.

As an older person, the most important cosmetic item to me is the perfect, undetectable matte foundation. Powder is also important to set that foundation-but not as important as foundation-that's why it's called foundation.