60 seconds between a search?

Status
Not open for further replies.

athena123

I don't know if I just now noticed this or if this is a new feature, but it's kind of bothersome. I use the advanced search feature quite frequently but if I don't get any results and try to search again, I get a message to the effect that I have to wait for 60 seconds to begin another search. What's up with that, it's quite annoying to have to wait 1 minute to revise my search and try again.

Janice

This is a necessary step put in place recently to reduce load on the server in order to improve page loading times and the general reliability of the forum.

athena123

Janice, thank you as always for your prompt reply. Um, is there anyway to reduce the time? This delay could discourage peeps from using the search feature, which leads to more duplicate threads about previously discussed topics.

COBI

What frustrates me is that I've gotten it when I first get to the site after being gone. I'll click the "new posts" on the main page and get the search timeout (60 seconds) message. I don't know if I've clicked the "new posts" twice by accident, but I know I now can't access the new posts, so I usually leave the site.

Shimmer

There definitely is.
Upgrade to premium member status to help defray the server costs.
smiles.gif

Janice

I'm sorry for the frustration a minutes delay causes, a new server is in the works with an ETA of late March. Once we're there everything will return to normal. I just ask for a little patience and understanding until that moment arrives.
smiles.gif
heart.gif

BTW - I reduced the wait between search time.

Status
Not open for further replies.