MACATTAK

You cut your losses because it wasn't working for you. You tried it again, and it still didn't work for you. While it's normal to feel hurt, do you really think he is going to treat this new girl in a way that is much different from how he treated you? Yes, people can change, but it takes A LOT of work and effort. He may change a little bit, he may change only until he gets comfortable, but he may not change at all. Don't think about it as "why her and not me," the truth is, he wasn't enough for you. You deserve to be treated better than that, and if you expect more from people, you get more, but it's never easy in the process.

Goat Goat Etc.

I'm gonna be Dan Savage blunt… How long was your relationship? The expecting him to call you is weird to me. And you waiting for him to do so, like he's gonna read your mind, is not great either. You said you communicated that things needed to be more of a relationship and was gonna try to make it better by communicating more. But did you ever say it would be great to get a phone call while he's away because that's what you'd need to make your relationship work in a small way? Y'know the little thoughtful things dwarf the bug things convo? I promise I'm not being a bitch or trying to be mean but going to hold your hand on this one. There are things you literally have to tell people because they don't understand they're doing certain things that mess w/ you. Never expect anyone to read your mind-that is bad communication. Now if it was over-you shouldn't have slept with him. You're TELLING HIM I'm just sex. You're not wiggling your way back into his heart, you're telling him a relationship was way harder than this; I'm comfy doing this! Don't expect me to have feelings when you get with someone. That's very typical of a hookup. My bf and I got together after hooking up. He was making himself exclusive to me but told me since we weren't a couple to begin with he understood if I slept w/ others but he also said he'd like to be with me, date me. So now we're together and suddenly the girls who thought of him as old reliable, a complete after thought, became enraged!!! How could he?! What does she have that I don't!? Yada yada It just doesn't make any sense to expect someone to be yours exclusively in romance and sex if you don't communicate it with words and commit to wanting a relationship. 

Goat Goat Etc.

Well the not texting/calling is a plague among the men folk. Some escape it others don't. But if he was purposely ignoring your calls and texts on the trip that would be one thing BUT you had to train him to respond in the first place while he was in familiar surroundings. He went away just this once and forgot about the etiquette of home and let himself go on vacation. Sometimes they don't want to talk to us all the time. Who was he on vacation w/? Family? Guy friends? Now as for what to do to get over loneliness, clubbing, flirting, craigslist, hanging w/ friends, etc. Never go back to a dead and over thing unless you're gonna ask for a startover w/ changes.

Meisje

Maybe he's with her because she unquestioningly puts up with his shit and lets him walk all over her.

Communication is important, and you should never let a guy have to guess what he did wrong. Make sure to tell him why you're upset and the reasoning behind why it upset you. Some men are just oblivious.

banana1234

plenty more fish in the sea

this guy probably isnt that great, its just now that some one else is with him, your mind is playing the jealousy trick, you broke up with him for a reason, if you were her, you'd just be unhappy again. people do not change

User38

I just love the drama in this thread
sigh.gif

LMD84

i hope that you have moved on a little more now. this guy sounds like he was no good anyway and i am sure that you can find somebody much better suited to you who actually wants a relationship with you.
th_cheerup.gif

-Cassandra-

My last ex was huge ass..... I did everything for him cooked, cleaned , did laundry all around I treated him like a king. What did I get in return? He was cheating on me left n right with anything thing that had breasts. He would hide behind cars in the parking lot outside our apartment and tell me he was talking to friends. Long story short I confronted him and he kicks me out of the apartment... for a woman who was way older then him he was 24 and i was 19 at the time and she was 45..... so yea totally understand what your going through the sting sucks because I did not to admit to myself that he was treating me wrong , I wanted to be his gf but I got pushed out for someone else... but I came to realize its his loss not mine hes the one who is going to regret what he did and hopefully soon ^_^ I'll have a new bf who knows how to treat me right

User38

oh.gif
darlin, you are 19 and this is your "last" ex.. ? maybe you are rushing your life and revolving it around your ex's... men don't make women be anything - we have to work at being ourselves and make the best of what we have.. no man will treat you right if you are not treating yourself right. Love yourself and then make decisions about who to give love to.

Tat2dbeauty07

I know the feeling Ive been in my relationship for 6 almost 7 years im 22 and metthe love of my life 6 years ago but its not all roses and butterflys. I feel like were more like fuck buddies than lovers yet I blame my self because I knew he had a girlfriend when I first met him and I settled for being the other one.

RedR0se

This sucks :( I feel for you but I would recommend taking time out for yourself. I had something similar going on and I hurt myself more than I can count because in the end it was my choice to put myself in those situations it was like I had a sign on my face that said "Desperate Idiot please KICK ME" (not saying this is you btw) it wasn't until I was happy and not looking for anything that I met someone worth my time. I hope you are ok.