A dewy foundation!

kiran

Does anybody have any recs for a good foundation? I want something that gives a nice all over glow, but without making your face look really shiny. I was thinking of getting Mac face and body, but it seems like a lot of money for a lot of foundation that im probably never going to use (right? im not that great at these things but that bottle looks massive haha) plus it looked pretty thin

TIA!! : )

RedRibbon

Do you mean that you will never get through it all before it goes off?

As an alternative to MAC, I can suggest the YSL Teint Parfait range, that's what I use. However, it's not heavy coverage and many use it as a base though it works well for me as an actual foundation and gives me a dewy look without being greasy at all.

Plus, the tube is only an ounce but that lasts ages, I've been using mine for a while now and you can't even tell!

disconlemonade

Face and body is great but it is massive because there's 4 oz in a bottle and yeah it is sheer. I love it for the summer though. The other foundation I love is MAC's Mineralize Satinfinish. It has a nice dewy look and provides medium coverage but can be built to full. Definitely try before you buy though because many people say the foundation is too yellow on them, but it works well for me since I have really strong golden undertones. HTH!

kathyp

Make Up For Ever also makes a Face & Body foundation with a sheer, dewey finish. The texture is weird, though, to say the least. (Some people compare it to runny jello.) But it's very smooth and blends nicely. As far as finish goes, one of my long-time favorites is Prescriptives Virtual Skin. Very natural, oil-free but without the dry, uber-matte finish a lot of oil free makeups have.

gildedangel

You could try putting a little bit of Strobe Liquid in your liquid foundation to give you a dewy finish.

Skin*Deep

I love Chanel vitalumiere, it's light coverage, but not watery thin, and it gives a fabulous dewy finish, NOT shiny/oily. It's my go to for everyday, I set it with Mac prep + prime powder and it sets it without taking away from it's satin finish. I really can't say enough good things about it! I also like Bobbi Brown's moisturizing luminous foundation, it's got better coverage than the chanel, and is only 45 bucks, compared to the Chanel at 52.

Skin*Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel
You could try putting a little bit of Strobe Liquid in your liquid foundation to give you a dewy finish.

that is a super idea! I put strobe liquid in my bronzing lotion.

kathyp

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel

I've done this. Highly recommended.

I really like the MAC Studio Sculpt foundation. I definitely wouldn't call it a matte finish, but it isn't shimmery. My only problem with it right now is that it is isn't staying on my face in the summer heat.
ssad.gif
I plan on getting an MSF Natural for the summer.

LMD84

i love the clarins true radience foundation. that looks beautiful on and gives a dewy finish but still good coverage
smiles.gif