a fake lipstick??

a914butterfly

yes, and look at the round stiker on the top of the box with the lipstick's name- it says the name with a line under it and "matte". it's the wrong font and mac doesnt list the texture under the lipstick's name.

caffn8me

The box style and the lipstick itself are absolutely authentic old style from before about 1996. I can't remember what the colour labels were like on the end of the tubes (sadly I threw my boxes out) but the boxes had a slightly dimpled texture which is clearly visible. The printing layout and fonts on the box are authentic for old products too. I think it's genuine.

a914butterfly

but if the old style is before 1996, would you want to wear a lippie that is 10 yrs old? i guess it would be better for collecting purposes?

caffn8me

I have some lipsticks which are almost that old and they still seem to be in reasonable condition. I think that emollient based products would survive a lot better than anything that's water based. It's a very fair point though.

darkbeauty27

Does the lipstick still smell okay and does the texture seem alright? I don't know what the shelf-life would be for MAC lipsticks but I doubt it would be as long as 10 years. Are you wanting it for collecting purposes or for for wearing? If for wear I would be a little careful as you don't know if the ingredients are still stable or are rancid.