A few faces from this week, Teal Palette & yucky yellow

bluegrassbabe

I'll start with my red eye look, using cranberry, embark, and buff-de-buff from the teal palette. I was going for a smokey red, not too goth-ish. I wore Viva Glam IV on the lips. It looks a little crooked here. I have nerve damage in that area from a surgery, so sometimes my lips look uneven.

Moving on to the yucky yellow eye. It started out well. I used Primary yellow pigment over frostlite fluid line, deep purple in the outer V and outer lower lashline. Primary Yellow was great on it's own, until I went to blend in the deep purple on the outer V. The yellow seemed to reject any other product and it came out muddy.
I am posting it anyway, because I like the yellow, I just need to experiment with it to get it to blend better.

midnightlouise

I *love* the first pic! You did an awesome job! Your hair is a really pretty color, by the way. The yellow is cool, too. I'm not a yellow girl, but somehow you've made it look really appealing to me lol!

MACGoddess

The matte pigments are notorious for being a little difficult to work with... They can frequently not want to blend like the other pigments and become muddy, so don't feel bad!! It took a while before I got the hang of using the matte piggies, but I STILL don't like them much...

I loooove you red eye look though!! very pretty...