::A Hurricane's A Comin'...Literally::

cutenurse2486

Hello! So…yeah…Hurricane Gustav is pretty much heading right for us. I live in Louisiana…which sucks at this moment, but I am fortunate because my city is not one under mandatory evacuation, so we are staying in our home, but we are still going to get some really horrible weather starting tomorrow. Honestly, I am slightly nervous about it. I mean, we are prepared, but who knows how bad this big boy is going to be?! Right now it’s a category 3, but it seems to change every time I check the Weather Channel.
shrugs.gif

Anyway, I figured I would go ahead and post a look today, since in all likelihood, we are going to lose power for about a week & I will have no internet access.
ssad.gif

Thanks for checkin' out my look & keep the Gulf Coast in your thoughts…let’s just hope this hurricane downgrades and won’t be as bad as it looks!!

Here’s what I used:

FACE:
Purminerals 4 -in-1 Makeup - Porcelain (My new favorite foundation!!!…I actually think I may like it more than BE bareminerls!!)
Purminerals Mineral Glow Powder
Purminerals Marble Powder - Pink

EYES:
(I was lame & used eyeshadows with storm related names…hehe.)
MAC Painterly Paint Pot (base)
MAC e/s - Cumulus (applied damp to lid)
MAC e/s - Stormwatch (outer v & crease)
MAC e/s - Gulf Stream (above crease)
MAC e/s - Thunder (crease & lower lashline)
MAC e/s - Crystal Avalanche (brow bone)
MAC Kohl Power Eye Pencil - Mystery (upper lashline & waterline)
Rimmel London Glam’Eyes Midnight Black Mascara
Benefit Brow Zings - 02 (brows)

LIPS:
Rimmel London Volume Booster Lip Colour - Tease

<-----That's my nervous face!!
<-----"F" off, Gustav!!! Look how big that sucker is!!!
thmbdn.gif

Thank you for looking & I'll talk to ya'll again...soon??...I hope!!!
yes.gif

cetati

Love it! the dramatic but pastel blue is awesome. Wish I could wear that shade of blue

NicksWifey

I love this look!! Blues look great on you, and good job on the blending too! I hope you and your family and friends will be safe. You all will be in my thoughts & prayers
winks.gif

neonbright

You know Louisiana is in our prays, hey my family is there but like you they don't have to evacuate.

Keep the blues coming you look good girl.

MACLovin

Love the weather/storm related eyeshadow theme, hehe..
greengrin.gif

This came out really pretty!

I hope you stay safe. Hurricanes are never fun, I live in south FL i know this all too well! We are actually getting rain and crappy weather right now from the "spiral bands" of Gustav. blah

HockeyChick04

love the colors and the names. Best of luck in the next few days, I am familiar with Hurricanes and they are never a fun thing. Last time I checked they were saying that Gustav was gonna slow up a little just before landfall.

nikki

Very pretty!! I understand what you are sayin'. I'm from New Orleans---it took us 10 hours last night just to get to Destin ;-( !!!!!!

coachkitten

Stay safe! I am praying that everything goes ok. As far as your FOTD you look gorgeous and I love the eye color!

paramourlace

in miami, we were getting some nasty weather last night and this early moring from the veryyyyy outter bands of the hurricane. i hope you and your family stay safe.
love that blue on you!

nelyanaphonexia

lovely look! the blues look amazing with your complexion and eye color!
smiles.gif
Stay safe through Gustav! I used to live on the Gulf Coast in Texas, so I completely understand how terrifying it can be!
th_hug.gif

cutenurse2486

Thank you all so much!! I think this may be the last time I will get a chance to reply for a while b/c the bad weather should be starting in a few hours & I don't know if we will keep our power for very long.
ssad.gif
I hope you all have a nice Labor Day & hope to talk to all of you soon!!