A note to an unexpected Angel

SparklingWaves

I was hospitalized last week and met such a wonderful woman. She shared a room with me. She was in a sickle cell crisis. As soon as we met, we hit it off. I thought she was so beautiful and told her she had such striking features. I noticed as she walked by my bed there was a strong spiritual essence surrounding her.

She was so kind to me. She worried about me and wanted to make me as comfortable as possible. She was truly an Angel. I felt so bad, because I couldn't physically do anything for her in my condition. We talked, laughed, and cried together. I felt that our meeting of souls was not a coincidence.

Sadly, she had been through so much from her illness - strokes and open heart surgery. She was still in her 20's. She told me that she only had a few years left to live and was so concerned about her children. She gave me the honor of showing pictures of her precious beautiful children to me. She worried how all of her hospitalizations was going to effect them. I told her that her actions were speaking louder than anything and her inner strength to not give up in the face of all her battles spoke volumes.

When I got back from my surgery, she was already discharged. I was sad that I didn't get to tell her goodbye, hug her, and say how much I appreciated her genuine compassion for me in my situation.

So, wherever you are my dear friend, I pray for you to be surrounded with love and comfort. And, may you be given angels to help comfort you. ~SW~

nunu

That is such a sweet story.
th_hug.gif

TISH1124

So heart warming!!! I hope you get to see her again...My grammy used to always say...you never know where you might meet one of God's Angels....They will come into your life for a second...but the memory of how they touched your life will last a lifetime

frocher

That is a wonderful story. I hope she finds the strength and care she needs. I hope you are feeling better as well.

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
So heart warming!!! I hope you get to see her again...My grammy used to always say...you never know where you might meet one of God's Angels....They will come into your life for a second...but the memory of how they touched your life will last a lifetime

Your Grammy put it perfectly, Trish. Even though she was in so much physical pain, she went out of her way to help me from the minute the nurse left the room. I was so deeply moved. I just couldn't believe how much she cared for me and how much we shared with each other in that little time. She really was like a brilliant light in the darkest hour. Absolutely, I will never forget her. I will treasure her always. I feel so blessed to have met her.

MzzRach

That is so beautiful, thank you for sharing that.

And I hope you are recovering well from your surgery and that you are feeling OK.

th_hug.gif

MrsRjizzle

Quote:

Your grammy said it perfectly...
smiles.gif
Its amazing how only minutes with someone can impact you. What an amazing story!!

rosasola1

im am tearing up...
cry.gif
Agh, it just reveals God's love for us so much and whoever that woman is, is dripping in his love to have shown you so much in such a time. Amazing. <3

TISH1124

I know I keep coming back to this story....We should always be careful how we treat the people we randomly meet..we never know why they came into our lives and how they will affect it...God sends us angels in sheep clothing....

X4biddenxLustX

This is such a lovely story, thank you for sharing!!

It's kind of surprising and almost wonderful how sometimes we can meet a few people in our lives that we may only know or have been with for a few short moments but make such a lasting impression on us.

I wish the best for her and her children.

SparklingWaves

Quote:
I know I keep coming back to this story....We should always be careful how we treat the people we randomly meet..we never know why they came into our lives and how they will affect it...God sends us angels in sheep clothing....

I believe that 100%. This lady had that powerful light surrounding her. I have seen that same light before with a man that had Leprosy/Hansen's disease. This man had no eyes, no nose, no hands and feet. I tried to stay far away from the medical team that was helping bringing him in with his broken hip. He turned and looked right at me and said, "Who is here?" I was so stunned didn't even know what to say to him.

When two nurses came in, I knew something was different about these ladies. They instantly soothed the man's pain and calmed him down without medication. One of them turned her head and teared up, because she couldn't bear to see this man in such pain.

Then, they spotted me. They lit up and said, "Hello!" The two nurses came over to me held my hands, touched my face, rubbed my back, hugged me and proudly told the man who I was. I have never had such a wonderful reception in my life.

I felt like I was not worthy of even being even in the presence of these people. There was that light around these people. It's hard to explain. The room was lighter, peaceful, and the man was in a calmed state even after they left. He never asked me any other questions, because he actually drifted off to sleep.

I told some people about it and the hospital wanted to find out who those nurses were, because the uniforms that I described were not of that hospital. Some thought they must have been nuns and had that investigated. They were not and I never found out who those nurses were. It didn't matter to me who they were. They were sent there to comfort him.

TISH1124

Wow that story gave me chills....I have had a similar experience where I met someone and I knew this person had to be someone I knew he just seemed so familiar. He was just talking to me and I was getting this feeling like I wanted to cry because he reminded me of someone I just couldn't place it. He kept telling me my son had a old soul and to keep an eye on him because one day he is gonna be someone that the world really looks up to...I said you think so..he said no baby I know so...he was a older security guard in Target. I couldn't get him off my mind...I went back in the next day and I asked about him because I just wanted to ask him if I knew him from somewhere other than Target, but he wasn't at the door......I asked the clerk where was the older black security guard that was at the door yesterday...she said Oh he doesn't work here anymore..I said really...she said yeah he said he had served his time and he was going home and he never came back the next day....I said wow...she said yeah Chris was a great man...I just ran to my car and started bawling.......because my grandfather's name was Chris...

SparklingWaves

That's really beautiful, Tish. I loved how he said to you, "I know so." That statement was coming from a place of great wisdom.

lafemmenoir

Sparkling Waves,
First, whatever it is that has you in hospital, I hope you are keeping strong. You know sometimes I get annoyed by some posts where people are venting, but they don't seem to see how blessed they are. Today, I clicked on your post due to the title and it really reminds me of what's important in life. It's not about money, designer clothes, makeup, etc. it's living a good life and being kind to others. We come across angels in disguise every day, but we just don't take time to notice.
th_hug.gif

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafemmenoir
Sparkling Waves,
First, whatever it is that has you in hospital, I hope you are keeping strong. You know sometimes I get annoyed by some posts where people are venting, but they don't seem to see how blessed they are. Today, I clicked on your post due to the title and it really reminds me of what's important in life. It's not about money, designer clothes, makeup, etc. it's living a good life and being kind to others. We come across angels in disguise every day, but we just don't take time to notice.
th_hug.gif

Yes, you are so right.

What I have in the grand scheme (pain, three types of infections, and a stent to my kidney), seems like a drip in a bucket compared to what others face on a daily basis. I came face to face with how fast I could be taken down.

I am still not able to do much, so I know exactly what you are saying about the those things not meaning much.

The lady put it all in perspective. She said, "I have felt like giving up, but I know these are the trials of this life and this life is temporary."

Indeed, this life is temporary and these trials get almost too much to handle. It's those times, we will get those messages that we need the most. Like you said, we need to look carefully. They are there.