A tackier base for loose e/s or fallout-prone e/s?

aggrolounge

Does anyone know of a good sticky base for loose powder e/s? I've seen some people use chapstick.. which seems to be a controversial option. Has anyone tried this? Which ones work best?

The she space's primer looks like it might have a stickier texture. I hate to get addicted to a product from a online company, though.. they are fickle!
th_dunno.gif

UDPP and De-crease are great with most eyeshadow.. but I want something a little less dry to use additionally!

Any advice?

xKiKix

i dont know if this helps but i also have the udpp and i felt it was a little bit too dry so i read on a thread about making your own primer with moisturizer and concealer and it's just as good but it feels moist on the lids unlike the udpp. sorry, hth.

tepa1974

I've used Max Factor's Erace Concealer (in white) as a base and it's pretty sticky. I use UPDD or TFSI underneath to make sure it doesn't crease.

User38

I agree on the NYX pencils.. also some LG Spackle makes ES stick to it. The MF white erase is a greatttttttt product!! I always use it under the eyebrows before ES app.

miss_bailey

When Im working with glitters I use The Cinema Secrets Hollywood Lights Tacky. It looks like a nailpolish and is 'wet' but once it dries a little bit it is tacky without being like glue and doesnt feel heacy.

aggrolounge

Thanks for all the tips! I haven't used any of the suggested products except for Nyx jumbo pencils.. and I find that those are more slick or oily than sticky. They do have a tendency to crease on me. I've never seen that Max Factor product.. but I'm going to hunt for it next time I'm at Walmart!

caramel_geek

I like to use MAC's shadesticks for pigments (loose powder e/s). They stick really well. And they don't crease on me.
If you want a really crease-proof base, I usually put a very thin layer of Too Faced Shadow Insurance, then a layer of shadestick. My eyeshadows will last more than 14 hours with that combination.
smiles.gif
winks.gif

HTHs.

TheCollector

I use either a Mac Shadestick in a neutral color or Urban Decay Potion Primer. I actually like the shadesticks better, a bit more 'sticky'.

reesesilverstar

I was wondering the same thing... I've tried the thin layer of NYX jumbo pencils with UDPP underneath and they still crease on me. The cinema secrets product sounds interesting. I'll hafta look into it.

MrsMay

I usually use UDPP with a shadestick, paint or paint pot on top for a colour base.

I believe a really sticky base is FaceFront Cosmetics's Survival Paint, however this creased on me
ssad.gif

xxManBeaterxx

I use UDPP or Two Faced Shadow Insurance then apply mac creme color base, its very sticky so the pigment adheres on the skin like butter! The only bad thing is like the NYX jumbo pencils the creme color base creases on me after 6 hours. So the trick is to not put any of the creme color base on the crease, just apply to the lid and the browbone.

n_c

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxManBeaterxx
I use UDPP or Two Faced Shadow Insurance then apply mac creme color base, its very sticky so the pigment adheres on the skin like butter! The only bad thing is like the NYX jumbo pencils the creme color base creases on me after 6 hours. So the trick is to not put any of the creme color base on the crease, just apply to the lid and the browbone.

For sure! I forgot to add that, if nyx jumbo pencils crease, don't apply it on the crease. Thanks manbeater!

MzzRach

MAC Shadesticks work well for me when I need some "stickiness". They really grab colour and make colours pop.

claralikesguts

NYX jumbo pencils are really amazing.
they crease on me too, and my lids aren't very oily... but just blend it out a lot with your finger. it'll still be pretty sticky
smiles.gif
and pat your lid with a brush rather than sweeping it! i use NYX jp + patting the brush, and i rarely get fallout. HTH
smiles.gif

MiCHiE

I use UD's Cream Shadows. Pricey, but they work well the shimmer doesn't show under matte shadows, either.