Accent red,How are you using it?

pugmommy7

I used it as a dramatic blush yesterday. dissapointing.
anyone used it in any interesting ways yet?
I am kind of "eh" about it.

Do I return it? gift it off to my irl bf who i think might like it? swap it?

Wontpayretail23

I have yet to use mine, but I'm dying to try it as a gloss. If I can find a good way to mix it with clear nailpolish I bet that would look awesome for fall. Anyone have good luck mixing your own nail polish with pigments? Wish someone would do a tutorial.

pugmommy7

I have heard of folks using pigs with opi nail envy.
I should pick some up and try it. The mini's would be PERFECT for this!
I would love blue brown nail polish!! I need to remember that at holiday time- that is when they usually sell the mini sizes for stocking stuffers and such.

mrstucker

Accent REd

I was SO wanting this pigment to be a true red, but it's more rosey than red. However, after experimenting with other things, I found a way to really make it work:

Use the premeditated cream colour base under it, and POP - it's vibrant and smokey and gorgeous! I used it as a blush, and an eyeshadow, and was able to recreate the look of the model on the postcard pretty easily.

Now, I'm off to try it with clear lipglass and OPI envy....I'm addicted to the reds this fall!

Juneplum

i've only used it as a lipgloss so far and it's quite pretty... i'm sure it'll be nice as a shadow and blush too..

Chloe2277

I've only used it as a gloss so far and it's really pretty! I can't wait to try it in a nail polish!

iiifugaziii

I used it as eyeshadow. I did a smokey eye and faded it out just on the sides. I also did a dark shadow on the lid, and then just used the accent red as a liner underneath my eye.

aznsmurfy

I tried to use it as a dark out "v" color but 1. it was hard to build up color to the dark intensity I wanted and 2. it kinda sheered itself out and made me look like I had red/puffy eyes. :T o_O I haven't used it as a lipgloss yet, but it sure would be pretty! ^_^

litlaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wontpayretail23
I have yet to use mine, but I'm dying to try it as a gloss. If I can find a good way to mix it with clear nailpolish I bet that would look awesome for fall. Anyone have good luck mixing your own nail polish with pigments? Wish someone would do a tutorial.

I've made my own nail polishes with pigments. It's pretty simple
smiles.gif

I use a fairly thin clear polish (or colored polish if I'm just changing the color), so once I'm done adding the color, it's not too thick or goopy. I use a flathead screwdriver (weird, I know) to scoop out a little pigment onto a sheet of paper. Pick up the paper, and wrap it into a tiny funnel to pour into the bottle. I add one scoop at a time so I don't overdo it in one go.

Then I mix with a toothpick. If the polish your using has those little beads/bebes for mixing, just shake it up like you normally would. Test the color, adding more until it's the color you're looking for.