According to Pat Robertson.....

*Stargazer*

He's right, of course. Because two consenting adults entering into a union is the EXACT same thing as pedophilia and bestiality.

You know you've rattled these idiots when their arguments don't even make any sense.

I will accept that gay marriage could pave the way to polygamy. But you know what, I don't have a problem with consenting adults marrying multiple partners, either. As for the rest of the comparisons, Pat Robertson has a track record of saying the most absurd things, so just add this to the list.

Lauren1981

^^ exactly. i think since this whole carrie prejean sh*t is getting worn the hell out by the media he just wanted to jump on that and get some exposure. what a dumbass way to do it tho....

pumpkincat210

Okay, if this guy feels this way he is sick himself. Categorizing same sex marriage with bestiality, pedophilia, and polygamy is absolutely nuts!

Dahlia_Rayn

Love between consenting adults should be between those consenting adults, whether it be hetero, homo or poly! It's nobody's business! I have religious views about things too, but at least I don't look like a damned fool when I express them! I'm a firm believer in free will!

pumpkincat210

Polygamy...i'm not to sure about. I think consenting adults should be free to make their own choices about love and such..but i can see how polygamy could cause confusing problems. First if legalized, how do they go about doing taxes? If there were kids involved how could the father provide for all of them, in the event of a divorce, whose property is whose? Is everyone going to live together or have seperate homes? What if he can't meet child support? If only one person is unfaithful and catches a disease, everyone could get sick. And then jealousy is a whole different topic..
I think it would clog up the courts too much and eventually down the line if polygamy didn't catch on mainstream, you run the risk of inbred children. It is alot to keep in mind.

Mabelle

i dont care if this is "just his opinion" and that "everyone is intitled to it". This man needs to shut the fuck up.

Sure, you can have your backwards, ignorant, hateful opinions, but you should NOT be allowed to spew them out to the public.

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
i dont care if this is "just his opinion" and that "everyone is intitled to it". This man needs to shut the fuck up.

Sure, you can have your backwards, ignorant, hateful opinions, but you should NOT be allowed to spew them out to the public.

If we were to do that, then we wouldn't be talking here! That would violate the first amendment.

I think he should stfu too, but really the only way to do that is get people to stop giving him enough money to be on t.v.

BBJay

I had a complete brain fart and confused him with Robert Pattinson.
But other than that, I have my religious beliefs about the issue, but what it really comes down to is the fact that you can't enforce christian morals on a nation all about freedom of religion.

LiAnn

Every time one of these folks gets incensed about X-Y-Z and says that it will lead to the end of the world, I think about two things:

1) the televangelical programs, TV networks, megachurches, and colleges they've built with donations that should probably have gone to help out those less fortunate.

2) Sam Kinison's bit about interpretations of the Bible: Jesus is reading through and muttering to himself, "Where did I say 'take money from old people and build a waterslide'?!??"

...and I'm even less inclined to give him any credibility than I might have been, even if he happens to say something that makes complete and absolute sense (like 'water is wet').

Robertson and and all the folks like him are afraid. They fear anything that's different from things they know and approve of. They fear losing their power, and losing the ability to gain more power. They know that people who have a partner, a spouse, several spouses, some kind of family unit - require different "handling" to push around, and same-sex and group marriages likely won't be receptive to Robertson's control at all.

dulcekitty

I don't mind two consenting adults getting married, but I think the polygamy issue is a little tricky from a benefits point of view. It would definitely be something getting abused where people would marry all their friends to share health benefits and tax benefits and there would be an uproar if you try to limit it with people saying "I have to choose who I love more????"

I think it should stick with two people for simplicity's sake at the very least. The sex of those two people doesn't matter in the least.

Oh, and there's absolutely no way for an animal or child to legally consent so he's an idiot.

Macnarsandlove

My personal opinion is this guy is a nut BUT, once again the phrase:"opinions are like assholes" applies.

This reminds me of Iran's pres, Ahmadinejab that was quoted as saying there are no homosexuals in his country. Thats waayyyy out there!

Fataliya

Pat Robertson is a douche bag. This is about as stupid as that Telletubbie crap awhile back.

Yeah, he's got the right to spew his shit, and I've got the right to think he's a moron.

MY GOD doesn't care about the sex of the people. Love is love.