Adventures in ebayland

lilibat

Because I like poking badgers with a spoon & out of curiosity I have been contacting sellers & asking where they get their pigments. In cases of 'pigments' that never were, like Hepcat, I have been contacting the sellers and letting them know they are fake. I thought you might find my results so far amusing if not actually helpful.

Where do you get your pigments?

divabean13:
Quote:
Why would you ask such a question??

- divabean13

I responded saying "Trying to determine if it's authentic or not.", seller never responded.

greenbud2008

Quote:
Good morning! All our products are 100% legit, we can't tell you where we get those, but they're definitely real thing, please check our feedbacks for details. Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions. Happy holidays!

- greenbud2008

nationalreliefcharities
Quote:
We have a reputable dealer that we've done business with for some time. We also have many experienced buyers on eBay that buy from us with confidence. We appreciate your interest.

Sincerely,
National Relief Charities

Sellers with uber fake eyeshadow pigments:

sylviatreasures

Quote:
I bought this lot from a very reputable liquidation agency and didn't know this. I have contacted them and asked them to forward the information to their seller agent for reply. Thanks.

- sylviatreasure

I responded saying that MAC doesn't sell through distributors, etc.

She wrote back saying she was going to contact her distributors about this. We went back and forth a few times, she seemed upset about it but... her fake listings are still active as of this writing.

purring4me

Has not responded.

boxedbeauty2009

Has not responded.

I will post updates in this thread if there is interest.

gildedangel

If others respond back; please update it! I love the first response lol! And "Reputable dealer" my ass (excuse my french!) :p

LMD84

this makes me so mad that they all act like they are selling the real deal! it's insulting to think people believe their crap!

inconspicuous

I've been sending messages around too, and reported some fake pigment lots so others don't get ripped off or blinded by the counterfeit products.

There was a lot of 106 pigments up yesterday and they all had eyeshadow names as opposed to actual pigment names (like the above mentioned Hepcat, Swish, Electric Eel etc). I contacted the seller but no response as of yet. But, the listing has been taken down, as I can't find it again.

Eleentje

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilibat
Because I like poking badgers with a spoon

th_wink3.gif

Me too!

LOL, cool idea, but I can expect most of them to go on about their "reputable distributors". LOL, distributors my backside, indeed. If you manage to lay your hands on a reasonably large lot of new Mac stuff, like I did, your only reputable reseller will be someone off EBay.

tofuglory1

I've been keeping my eye on National Relief Charities since I figured it wouldn't try to rip people off because it's a CHARITY right? Well I was wrong, I remember seeing someone complain about fake pigments in their feedback. Ugh the stuff people do these days.

chickatthegym

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofuglory1
I've been keeping my eye on National Relief Charities since I figured it wouldn't try to rip people off because it's a CHARITY right? Well I was wrong, I remember seeing someone complain about fake pigments in their feedback. Ugh the stuff people do these days.

There is a whole thread on the National Relief "charity" seller and their items being fake:
http://www.specktra.net/forum/f257/n...7/#post1857268

panda0410

Dont think so. Best if you have a question about a particular item that you just start a new thread with your query
smiles.gif

hyazinth

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Dont think so. Best if you have a question about a particular item that you just start a new thread with your query
smiles.gif

Okidoki, will do so. Thanks. Just wanted to avoid double threads
th_wink3.gif

While searching old posts and with my recent experiences it feels like a dejavue...the counterfeit sellers all use the same terms like " trustworthy distributer/wholeseller" etc. when asked something about authenticity.

Lilibat: I'm definitely interested in your updates.

KAISERROLL

I imagine you'll have a hard time getting any seller to share where they purchase their products. They probably figure that you'll then just go to their sources and buy direct from them.

SakurasamaLover

Lol I poke fake seller when I have the time/interest to do so.

Here's an example (read from bottom to top to get it right, top message being the last one I received) :
[FONT=arial,sans-serif]
I refunded the money to you back by paypal
thanks

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]- kucc_1988[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif]Did this answer your question? If not, let the seller know.[/FONT]
s.gif

[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]

To: kucc_1988
Subject: Re: blacksilverice has sent a question about :shipping for item #270528453107, ending on Mar-10-10 11:16:39 PST - MAC blush hello kitty ~ TIPPY~ limited edition SOLD OUT
Sent Date: Feb-16-10 23:28:14 PST

[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]Dear kucc_1988,

I own almost every item of the HK collection from MAC, your blushes are fake, you didn't even answer to the fact that there is only two blush in this limited edition collection (Fun & Games, Tippy) or that MAC blush don't have a brush in the bottom. SO THEY ARE FAKE, and you lie like you breath you thief, you know they are but you don't care about honesty or thievery.

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]- blacksilverice[/FONT]
[/FONT]

To: blacksilverice
Subject: Re: blacksilverice has sent a question about :shipping for item #270528453107, ending on 10-Mar-10 14:16:39 EST - MAC blush hello kitty ~ TIPPY~ limited edition SOLD OUT
Sent Date: 17-Feb-10 02:22:59 EST

[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]Dear blacksilverice,

Say what you want I know it's not fake..
Do you want the money back?
thanks

[/FONT]

Subject: Re: blacksilverice has sent a question about :shipping for item #270528453107, ending on Mar-10-10 11:16:39 PST - MAC blush hello kitty ~ TIPPY~ limited edition SOLD OUT
Sent Date: Feb-16-10 15:43:28 PST

[/FONT]

Lol so what fakes are fakes: they are not gonna say: Counterfeit'' on the box.
You are a thief, auction reported.

[/FONT]

Subject: Re: blacksilverice has sent a question about :shipping for item #270528453107, ending on 10-Mar-10 14:16:39 EST - MAC blush hello kitty ~ TIPPY~ limited edition SOLD OUT
Sent Date: 16-Feb-10 12:27:22 EST

[/FONT]

No they are not fake. On the box there is 'back to MAC' I can send you a picture if you want
Do you want the money back?
thanks

[/FONT]

Sent Date: Feb-16-10 01:35:13 PST

[/FONT]

I don't care what you swear. Just use Google and find a MAC forum. MAC HK collection only had 2 blush, I have both, they both have names, and no MAC blushes don't comes with a brush in the bottom.
So yeah they are 300% fakes.
So to go back to my point 1- You never saw a real MAC blush in your life/ you didn't look any information on what you bought or 2- You steal people without regrets.

[/FONT]

Sent Date: 16-Feb-10 04:25:35 EST

[/FONT]

Hi, This is 100% authentic MAC. This is not fake I baught it myself and I know it's not fake.
I'm not selling TIPPY it's sold out and I can't change the title now.
I said on the description that it's sold out.
these are others MAC blushes from hello kitty collection
If you don't want this I will refund you the money but I swear it's not fake.
please respond thanks

[/FONT]

Subject: blacksilverice has sent a question about :shipping for item #270528453107, ending on Mar-10-10 11:16:39 PST - MAC blush hello kitty ~ TIPPY~ limited edition SOLD OUT
Sent Date: Feb-15-10 21:33:06 PST

[/FONT]

I hope you live well being a thief, selling people fakes and dare to say it's 100% authentic.
Shame on you.

[/FONT]

So hey someone somewhere got refunded....
th_LMAO.gif

Oh.. and pls people leave negative feedback to those seller even if you get your money back; they know it's fake.

Eleentje

I like the bit where she claims she bought the items herself...How about some receipts from Mac, huh huuuuuuh?

Eleentje

Have you noticed the most recent trend? Someone posts huge lot of genuine Mac for sale on the UK Ebay site for a relatively cheap price (something like 3000 pounds for 1000 items, and believe me the stuff in those pictures is to die for)... and then apparently they try to scam people into paying via Western Union or something like that? I've seen neg feedback on one of these auctions once, that's where I got that information from. Most of the other times, the feedback never changes from 0 (cos those are always new users on ebay), but defo seen neg feedback a few times.
Eek!