Advice on foundation

makeupfever0

Hi,
I live in the Netherlands, and here we don't have the brands makeup forever and tarte. I would really like to buy the mat velvet + foundation and the tarte 12 hour clay full coverage foundation. Now the big question is, which colour should I get?
I'm a Mac: NC30
covergirl outlast-3-in-1-foundation: 845
Bourjois healthy mix: 54

With the mat velvet + I think I'm going with the 35 (good choice?), but with the tarte I'm clueless. First I thought that medium sand was a good one, but after some reviews I'm torn between medium sand and light medium sand

Thanks for helping

shellygrrl

Staff member
NC30 in which MAC? (Not all formulas are created equal, shade-wise.) Here are some swatches of MUFE Mat Velvet+, just in case... http://karlasugar.net/2009/12/make-up-for-ever-mat-velvet-foundation/ Not having direct access to brands or stores sucks. :(

makeupfever0

Studio fix fluid! Thanks but I already looked at that, but I thought it would be better if someone here had these foundation with my shade. I really don't want to buy the wrong shade while I can't return it.. And yeah it sucks, especially because we have very few brands in the Netherlands

MKPavlusik

Revlon ColorStay Foundation in the Oily formula
This stuff is serious and its awesomeeee

Also, the new CoverGirl Ready Set Gorgeous
This comes is absolutely hideous packaging, but the product on the inside is fantastic, so don't disregard it! It is a dream on oily girls.

shellygrrl

Staff member
Revlon ColorStay Foundation in the Oily formula This stuff is serious and its awesomeeee
It isn't a bad foundation. However! You will need to work quickly to blend it in, and it can oxidize. (I've used Colorstay (Combo/Oily) and MUFE Mat Velvet+; both oxidized on me, even with primer. I've combination-oily skin.)