Advice on what to do with a seller who disappears...?

keetuh

I am very sorry for your trouble that you received but I do want to thank you for posting this because I was thinking of purchasing a few things from her post.

Meisje

You're welcome. I have not received any response since I sent my screencaps and email forwards. I'm keeping my eye on the sales thread to see if further posts are made, because I would really like a response and if that thread is updated I will know that individual has been to the site.

I hate any kind of drama :( I am hoping after she realizes there was a mistake made on her part she'll do the right thing and contact the mods to remove the feedback.

Funtabulous

Oh wow, that's awful! So sorry to hear about that. Good thing we all know about it now.

I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread on this, but I am going through something very similar to you at the moment.

I started communicating with a seller on December 1st. We agreed on the sale and I sent my payment that very day. She said that she would ship out as soon as the money entered her account. I didn't hear anything for a while, so on December 7th I asked her if she had shipped yet, and have not received a reply.

They were last active on the site on December 6th.

I am not sure if it is too soon for me to start worrying yet? Like the OP, I am very patient and understanding but it has been almost 2 weeks already.

They have good feedback on the site, and buyers have often said she had very good communication. This seems out of the ordinary then. Hope it isn't anything serious! What should I do?

Sorry if it seems I am hijacking your thread I just didn't really know if I should start a new one or not... Any advice would be very appreciated.

LMD84

yeah there seems to be a few bad sellers at the moment. i just had to file a paypal claim too for somebody who dissapeared with my money :(

Meisje

to Funtabulous: I would send a PM, then an email to the address supplied by Paypal, and perhaps wait one more week. When you feel you've waited long enough for a response, you could try filing a Paypal claim (which will only work if they have a balance available). I was very understanding in all my communications, super friendly and gave the seller the benefit of the doubt. You never know what might have happened.

I guess I would just warn anyone doing a Paypal reversal that it doesn't keep the seller from leaving retaliative feedback on your profile here since Paypal and Specktra are not really linked. As you can see from my feedback, I have one hell of a negative --- I also have screencaps and emails that prove I did nothing wrong, but that's not evident just from looking at my profile.

I am embarrassed by this whole thing and cringe every time I think about that feedback. I hate to say this --- even though I know that leaving the neutral feedback (written politely) was the RIGHT thing to do, if I'd known the seller would show up nine months later and freak out at me, I might have done it differently.

Meisje

I am also questioning the policy of deleting "old" sale threads, because it also deletes any comments or history of issues. The thread I made the purchase from did have comments from me detailing the situation and from other buyers and potential buyers complaining about a lack of communication, but my feedback now points towards the sellers new thread. It doesn't take much effort to go to the end of a thread to make a new post... I feel like sellers should have to keep the same sale thread and that old threads should at least be archived.

Funtabulous

Just wanted to post an update:

My package arrived today in good condition! So, I guess it all worked out in the end. I feel kind of bad for posting this now. =\

Ah well. I'm just happy I avoided any conflict over it.

Meisje, don't feel too bad about it, you didn't do anything wrong! I would feel really bad too if it were me but you were much nicer than she deserved!!

banana1234

the joke is on her, because now she had left you bad feedback, everyone knows who she is and wont buy from her

Meisje

I have been waiting for something to happen after sending proof that I did pay and that Paypal judged in my favor --- today I got a message saying she didn't have time to "review" it right now but she'd let me know. It's screencaps, and I forwarded the emails to her address, so it would literally take one glance to see that I did indeed pay.

banana, that's true, although it was never my intention to call attention to the person as a seller. When I originally posted this, they'd abandoned the site and I had no idea they would return. They don't seem to be a very active member of the community other than selling.

Funtabulous, I'm glad your package arrived unscathed. Probably a case of slow holiday mail.

Nzsallyb

far out i am sorry to see what you have gone through! the feedback is terrible that she has left

Meisje

Thanks, I'm pretty upset about it. It's very unfair.

It was more than a week ago that I sent her the images and emails proving I paid and that Paypal reversed/judged in my favor. It has her full name, email, and all the info. Aside from a message from her on the 14th saying she needed to "review" it, I haven't heard anything from her.

Edit: I just sent her a message asking her to contact the mods to remove the feedback.

Meisje

The person never responded and never asked for the feedback to be removed. They also are no longer using their account. The feedback is still there.

Meisje

Or they've registered a new account to sell with.

Given the libel and histrionics I've had to put up with from that seller, I don't even go into the sale forum anymore. But I bet if I did, I'd find a thread selling the same things with a bunch of "hey, I contacted/paid you, where are you?" posts. The original thread, which she had deleted when she came back to sell after months of absence, was chock full of complaints.

LMD84

Or they've registered a new account to sell with.

Given the libel and histrionics I've had to put up with from that seller, I don't even go into the sale forum anymore. But I bet if I did, I'd find a thread selling the same things with a bunch of "hey, I contacted/paid you, where are you?" posts. The original thread, which she had deleted when she came back to sell after months of absence, was chock full of complaints.
you should try not to let the bad experiance stop you from taking a look at the sales threads. like you i had a seller dissapear on me and i never got my items or a refund. but i would never let that one bad thing stop me from buying from other people. now i am just more careful about who i buy off. i usually buy off people that i actually take to on a regular basis in the forum rather than sellers that just come on to sell things- just my personal opinion of course :)

Sylvia60

Some things never change!
Four of us at the moment are having an issue with products bought, paid for and with the seller disappearing from Spectra.

webdesign

There are many case like that in buying online product. Well, I guess knowing more the seller before buying her product.

Meisje

I'd forgotten about this, but it was the main reason I stopped using Specktra. I had ample proof that I was the one who was cheated but still have to put up with libelous feedback that will sit on my account forever when the culprit was simply able to register a new account and keep scamming people. I now only buy from online storefronts with a ton of feedback and will never again use a swap/sale section. It's a system too easily preyed upon by the dishonest.