All I Want for Christmahanakwanzaa 2012 Is...

MissTT

what is tpf?
the Purse Forum
winks.gif

MzBrownBeauty

I've been natural for 12 years now, I think. Lol, long before it became a journey or movement. It wasn't anything groundbreaking. Relaxers were just damaging my hair at the time and I got tired and frustrated with the whole process, so I just stopped getting them. I guess I unknowingly transitioned. There was no info back then like there is now. I love YouTube. Even though I've been natural for years, I didn't really know what I was doing with my hair until only a couple of years ago. Ironically, I kept my daughter's hair natural since birth.
I thought about getting the Huetiful Hair Steamer, but I honestly think it will end up as a gadget I won't really use. I'm also very lazy with my hair. I don't like a bunch of extra steps or a fussy process. I've had my eye on this super fast hair dryer for quite some time now. It's costs a lot more than the steamer, but it's more multipurpose. I want it for when I roller set/twist/style my hair, and I will also use it for deep conditioning.
Wow 12 years! I've only been natural for a year. I don't wear it out though still waiting till I get the desired length.

ainelson86

WOW! 12 years is an accomplishment @ Cartoon Chic! I just made it 1 year post relaxer last weekend. Its getting harder and harder to blend the 2 textures, but I love the thickness. My hair has never been this thick (That I can remember)

CartoonChic

WOW! 12 years is an accomplishment @ Cartoon Chic! I just made it 1 year post relaxer last weekend. Its getting harder and harder to blend the 2 textures, but I love the thickness. My hair has never been this thick (That I can remember)
Thanks! I should have hair dragging on the ground behind me after all of that time, but I don't. I wasn't as knowledgeable back then as I am now. I didn't know what I was doing until 2 years ago. The thing that single-handedly made the life altering difference in my hair is ---> WATER! I don't know about you all, but I was raised to avoid water at all costs with my hair unless I was washing it. My hair was always under-moisturized as a result, and that led to drying, split ends and breakage. My length would barely make it past my collar bone as a natural and my ends would be scraggly. Then 2 years ago I started moisturizing with water and sealing with oil on a regular bases. Sealing with oil made the second biggest difference to my hair.

I've slacked off in the last year, so there hasn't been any significant progress. I'm going to become more dedicated again. Maybe I should add the steamer to my list after all.

MissTT

You must share your moisturizing technique, CartoonChic. Or we should start a new thread. LOL

CartoonChic

You must share your moisturizing technique, CartoonChic. Or we should start a new thread. LOL
I wish my technique was more glamorous, but it's really, really basic. I just fill a spray bottle with water, spray it over my hair to dampen, apply a pH balanced leave-in conditioner, then apply oil to seal in all of the moisture. I don't like a lot of fuss or muss. I need things to be as simple and easy as possible. Maybe we should start a new thread. Didn't mean to hijack this one with hair talk, presstoblend!

PrettyGirlDoc

I wish my technique was more glamorous, but it's really, really basic. I just fill a spray bottle with water, spray it over my hair to dampen, apply a pH balanced leave-in conditioner, then apply oil to seal in all of the moisture. I don't like a lot of fuss or muss. I need things to be as simple and easy as possible. Maybe we should start a new thread. Didn't mean to hijack this one with hair talk, presstoblend!
I would love a hair thread!

CartoonChic

I started a new thread here: http://www.specktra.net/t/181664/woc-the-hair-thread. I just called it The Hair Thread because I was drawing a blank on the name. I can change it to something else later.

MissTT

Those who wanted to pick up a Clairisonic - this is a great deal:

EARLY BLACK FRIDAY SALE

On 11/16, take 30% off in every department with coupon code: PRE-BLKFRI

Plus, all customers who place an order between now and Thanksgiving will be automatically entered to win the NEW Clarisonic Aria!

http://www.askderm.com/default.asp?T=EMH111208

Ashleybubbles83

The only thing I really want is a new laptop/notebook Makeup wise: maybe ysl spellbinding violet or chanel l'impatiente. I've been getting a lot lately, gift wise everyday has been Christmas for me!

glammy girl

My hair was in desperate need of some serious tlc and my Christmas wish was to get products to fix that so I finally picked up some MoroccanOil products last week.... I couldn't be happier, it's helped with my dryness and heat damage and made my tangles disappear :)

CartoonChic

OK, I think I have my list.

• Hakuhodo Vermilion Brushes

• MAC gift card - to haul from Taste Temptation and Strength collections
  • MAC Brushes 138, 168 and 134 (in that order, lol)
  • Chanel eye shadow quads - Lilium and Prelude
  • Chanel polishes - Mimosa, Frenzy, Frisson, Paradoxal and Nouvelle Vague (still holding out hope)
  • An eggplant/deep purple leather bag
  • Anthropologie dress and necklace
  • Jeffrey Campbell boots
  • Pibbs 514 Kwik Dri Dryer
  • A wad of cash to buy all of this stuff!
I went to the Taste Temptation Black Friday preview, so that's another thing off my list. Hmm, I may end up gifting myself a third of this list when all is said and done.

CartoonChic

OK, I think I have my list.

• Hakuhodo Vermilion Brushes

• MAC gift card - to haul from Taste Temptation and Strength collections
  • MAC Brushes 138, 168 and 134 (in that order, lol)
  • Chanel eye shadow quads - Lilium and Prelude
  • Chanel polishes - Mimosa, Frenzy, Frisson, Paradoxal and Nouvelle Vague (still holding out hope)
  • An eggplant/deep purple leather bag
  • Anthropologie dress and necklace
  • Jeffrey Campbell boots
  • Pibbs 514 Kwik Dri Dryer
  • A wad of cash to buy all of this stuff!
More things off my list. I picked up Lilium, Frenzy and Frisson with a 15% off coupon at Saks.com. But Mimosa is a real gift. A lovely Specktrette is sending it to me!
heart2.gif
yahoo.gif

shontay07108

Ooh, I'm glad you got Lilium. It's my second favorite Chanel quad. I love Prelude, also. I have Louise Young brushes on my X-mas list. I'm thinking of pulling the trigger now, but I might wait another week or so. I'm also thinking of those Clinique chubby pencils. They have new, opaque ones and there's a coral that's just my style. That's really it for me as far as beauty products. Oh, there's a MUFE powder foundation on the Sephora site that's not in stock yet. I check everyday to see if it's available. Getting impatient over here. :nono:

MissTT

Cartoon how is your green Anthro dress working out? I was able to pick it up on popback Friday, but I'm afraid an XS will be too small for my curves.

Latest posts