All Things Sephora

Monsy

When your skin is acting up what do you do for it? I have some serious dry patches, red irritation (rash-like) and overall sore skin. I have no idea what product could help moisturize and soothe it. Any ideas?
Clarins beauty flash balm
Clarins hydraphase serum
PTR rose stem cell mask

Ajigglin

Being a total d-bag right now, but I've seen multiple videos of people reviewing Requiem and no one can pronounce it.  Americans no longer recognize the word requiem?  Everyone says Reh-queem.  Do they think it's a made-up word?
You're not a d-bag. People need to know how to pronounce and spell words. Ignorance is never cute.

Mayanas

Ladies with sensitive dry skin: When your skin is acting up what do you do for it? I have some serious dry patches, red irritation (rash-like) and overall sore skin. I have no idea what product could help moisturize and soothe it. Any ideas?
I have sensitive oily skin and for any irritation i use FAB ultra repair cream just 1 or 2 a week at nights. Seriously I LOVE it. my skin is oily but your skin is dry so can work good for you. Try it please jeje

MsGlossy

Yeah and tbh I should cancel Ipsy because I can count the products I actually used and liked on one hand in the last year. I'm a sucker for the bags I think. Or just the fact that it's $10, lol.
Thinking about doing the same but I will try to keep it for a little while longer. If they don't step their game up soon, I will be canceling though.

MsGlossy

Try it please jeje
I slather this on during the winter time when my skin is drier.I also like using it on my feet at night before putting on socks. I rotate my lotions (because I can't seem to stop buying/trying new ones), but this one is a keeper.

pandorablack

I'm studying to be a skincare therapist in school (Esthetician) and I can recommend what to use for dry, sensitive skin. Dermalogica is your best bet for this. Try their Ultra Calming line. It should take care of the redness. But use Intensive Moisture Balance as your moisturizer, or Nars Luminous moisture cream. I don't love their ultacalming moisturizer for super dry skin (it's called Barrier Repair and it's a great product, but not enough moisture for me personally).

EDIT: Many skincare lines that you can get at Sephora are not professional skincare. Dermalogica, Image, and one more whose name I am forgetting are your professional lines. You will get better results from a professional line in MOST cases.

I think PTR is overpriced for what it is and I personally didn't get good results from it.

The only exception is NARS skincare. I looked over their ingredients and they are top notch. I don't know how good they are for sensitive skin though.

pandorablack

I just bought a hyaluronic acid serum that also has aloe and lactic acid in it and it seems to be helping. I've only been using it a week though and it was expensive as hell. I'm sure there are cheaper versions out there. I mix it with both my night and day moisturizer.
Lactic acid is too harsh for sensitive skin. Hyaluronic acid is nice, and aloe is alright but lactic acid (depending on the concentration, I suppose) can make sensitized skin worse.

TwiggyPop

smileyt06

I made Rouge again for 2016 I'm not too happy about this lol
367f3133_image.jpeg

Yazmin

Got my goodies!
cda85f91_image.jpeg
I'm going to test two of the foundations today: the DoubleWear and MUFE Ultra HD Stick. What I'm really looking forward to seeing is how well they cover some hyper pigmentation without the use of a corrector underneath.

laurennnxox

So far I've used it 3 times, twice with TF Born This Way and I experimented with the Marc Jacobs sample again hoping I would like it better, which I did! It's still not my favorite foundation but it definitely didn't look so cakey and heavy, so it applied it really beautifully!
I have to be honest, I didn't like it at all with Ultra HD. :( my #55 was way better. However you're right it did apply my MJ sample SOOO beautifully!! So pretty. However I'm still on the fence about getting the full sized MJ foundation. No matter what I do to set it, it comes off super easily. I guess that's one way to beeak my face-touching habit. :haha: shame because it was so pretty over the tatcha mist!

laurennnxox

[@]Medgal07[/@] i'm on mobile and for some reason can't find your posts about the brush & movie. :lol: The brush was nice for the mj foundation but applied the mufe ultra hd too... Ehh. Thin I guess. I needed like 3-4 pumps for the coverage I wanted instead of 2 pumps with my #55. But it did make the MJ look soooo nice!! I just haven't caved and got the full size for some other issues I cant figure out with the formula. Also! don't laugh but I was watching blackfish. Late to the party, I know but anything with animals puts me right into super teary mode. Thus I've been putting it off for a while. I said, you know I need a good cry. So I self-tortured and watched blackfish. :lol: but being a native floridian and having been to seaworld numerous times when I was younger... I was soo infuriated, too. Sigh!

DLuxJessica

Also! don't laugh but I was watching blackfish. Late to the party, I know but anything with animals puts me right into super teary mode. Thus I've been putting it off for a while. I said, you know I need a good cry. So I self-tortured and watched blackfish.
lol.gif
but being a native floridian and having been to seaworld numerous times when I was younger... I was soo infuriated, too. Sigh!
I can't bring myself to watch it. I'm also a FL native, and I think I stopped going to SeaWorld when I was in late elementary school, because I told my mom I didn't think it was right that these awesome, powerful animals were doing stupid tricks for dead fish. Which isn't to say SeaWorld doesn't do good things, too (they always help out with wildlife rescues and rehab, etc). But I just can't with them. Ironically, I think Busch Gardens, for the most part, does a pretty decent job with their animal habitats. I dunno, I feel awful and conflicted over the whole thing.

Lemme bring this back around to the makeup so I don't completely threadjack here: I tried a sample of the MJ foundation last night when I went out with my husband and some friends to a bar. We were gone for maybe 5 hours... and when I got home, my face looked so. gross. Maybe I should have primed better, but as soon as I looked in the mirror when I got home I got out the Bioderma and just wiped it all off. It was beautiful when I put it on and set it and all that jazz... but by the time I made it home, I was a shiny, splotchy mess.

Yazmin

All of your experiences with the new MJ foundation is making me rethink getting it. My shade is out of stock anyway so I got the Genius Gel instead.

shontay07108

I wore the MUFE Ultra HD foundation stick and right now I have to say it's better than the liquid. Of course, I'm going to wear it a few more times before I come to a final decision, but I think it holds up better in this heat. Also, it's more of like a satin, close to matte finish. Usually, I'm all about glowing and luminizing and all that, but I really like this finish. It's a nice change and the coverage is really good, too.