All Things Sephora

singer82

Would they let you trade it out in store?
I got one of my packages today! My ARDENCY INN MODSTER Mānuka Honey Enriched Pigment Duo came shattered though. I called the VIBR line and they're sending a replacement. Hopefully packaged better. It's just such a hassle to return/ship back the damaged item. I know sometimes they just let you keep it. :sigh:

pretty_melody

They are ridiculous so ridiculous! Just an FYI - Neutrogena cleansing oil has mineral oil (baby oil) in it.. which is controversial.. a lot say it clogs pores and causes pre-mature aging. A good drugstore cleansing oil you can use is by Eclos (owned by Freeman -- the company that makes all those masks).. It is Buy 1, get 1 50% this week at Ulta.. and you can use the printable $3.50 off $10 coupon.. It is a nice cleansing oil -- free of parabens, mineral oil, fragrances, sulfates, etc..  I used to use Josie Maran's but switched to Eclos.. I dig it.
Yeah I know its got the mineral oil in it which as you said is controversial. I think I may take the plunge and get the riley one once the sale starts. Ive been using alotbof asian skincare in my routine and I think the cleansing oil is what needs to go. Thanks for the advice. :)

GreenEyedAllie

I asked but she said no. Although I thought we could. She said once I get my replacement, to send the damaged item back.
In theory, they should be able to swap in-store, but I've noticed lately that stores seem to have issues about even exchanges. So this was probably easier for you and them (believe it or not) to get you a replacement product and maintain your discounted price.

Granted it's been a while since I've worked retail, but can anyone hazard an opinion why even exchanges are so difficult/prohibited now?? And for me, this has been an issue with receipts, so I know that's not the issue. Back when I worked, even exchanges were SUPER easy to do on the register.

slowlikehoney

In theory, they should be able to swap in-store, but I've noticed lately that stores seem to have issues about even exchanges. So this was probably easier for you and them (believe it or not) to get you a replacement product and maintain your discounted price.

Granted it's been a while since I've worked retail, but can anyone hazard an opinion why even exchanges are so difficult/prohibited now?? And for me, this has been an issue with receipts, so I know that's not the issue. Back when I worked, even exchanges were SUPER easy to do on the register.
Yeah, I've had issues in-store when trying to exchange other items I've received damaged through the mail. That was during Chic Week. I guess just the hassle of having to ship something back gets to me, lol.

Medgal07

yes, some skin care and eyeshadows. I know my local sephora thinks I'm crazy, I've been in there 3 or 4 times getting samples of stuff I wanted to buy. LOL

AND, I think the new MJ foundation might be working for me. So excited. I guess my summer tan wasn't agreeing with it.
No. I remember calling a store last year and they told they would not. IIRC.

absolutely! LOL and let me know how you like it.

I just had a though about these cleansing oils. Couldn't I just use Jojoba oil by itself, and then using another cleanser? Probably no, because the oil alone, wouldn't have any cleanser in it. hmmmm just a thought.
Not crazy---you just want to be sure-----nothing wrong g w/that, Sweets!!!

montREALady

THANK YOU @stormborn for hooking me up with Bite Mauvember!!!
heart.gif
I put it on as soon as it arrived and I'm already obsessed, it's perfect!
love.gif

It's gorg on you! As usual. You can put dog poop on your lips and look stunning. I wouldn't try it though...just sayin'
th_roll1.gif

Bronwyn

I couldn't wait for the sale. I picked up mauvember today. And I was super lucky because my store was giving out mini bite agave lip masks with the purchase of mauvember. It looks very similar to what nars Dominique looks like in photos in the tube. I even got a free sample and was asked if I wanted to spend my points. Best time to go to sephora is in the morning it seems (at least for my local) Also picked up my first Chanel rouge coco shine in Monte Carlo at winners.

tchristi

I got one of my packages today! My ARDENCY INN MODSTER Mānuka Honey Enriched Pigment Duo came shattered though. I called the VIBR line and they're sending a replacement. Hopefully packaged better. It's just such a hassle to return/ship back the damaged item. I know sometimes they just let you keep it. :sigh:
if you trust your mailman just give him the package, that would save u a trip to the post office since returns are usps

Tarabotti

All right, so maybe the universe doesn't want me to try the Glamglow Flashmud Brightening Treatment 100 point perk. Every time I try to add it to my cart, it says that it is out of stock.

On the the other hand, the 20% off works even if you order hair ties!
lmao.gif

Sabrunka

Just getting clarification, do us VIB rouge still get 20% off?! I want to order friday but I'm a rouge so apparently that isn't my shopping day... Not sure if rules changed?

YarahFlower

All right, so maybe the universe doesn't want me to try the Glamglow Flashmud Brightening Treatment 100 point perk. Every time I try to add it to my cart, it says that it is out of stock. On the the other hand, the 20% off works even if you order hair ties:lmao:  
:lol:

Medgal07

Just getting clarification, do us VIB rouge still get 20% off?! I want to order friday but I'm a rouge so apparently that isn't my shopping day... Not sure if rules changed?
It's anybody's guess-----hearing rumors that VIBRs will be able to shop but that's not what the official event notice says
shrugs.gif

YarahFlower

The code is still working! I'm Rouge and I just purchased the Sunday Riley Blue Moon Cleansing Balm! I have no clue about how long the code will be active. It was supposed to expire at midnight pst yesterday.

Medgal07

All right, so maybe the universe doesn't want me to try the Glamglow Flashmud Brightening Treatment 100 point perk. Every time I try to add it to my cart, it says that it is out of stock.

On the the other hand, the 20% off works even if you order hair ties!
lmao.gif
I got two of those perks (that's prolly all they had) because I happen to LOVE that stuff---it really works---thought I could use them for travel. The samples are really
tiny. I hope they're available again at some point so you can try it.

lol.gif
To the hair ties -----EO will be delighted---she's a collector!!!!

YarahFlower

[COLOR=0000FF]Not since last night[/COLOR]:lmao: [COLOR=0000FF]Have you?????[/COLOR]  [COLOR=0000FF]I got 3 boxes yesterday and 3 just arrived---losing track of all of these order!  Going to see what's inside now[/COLOR]:yaay:  
:pompom: :pompom: :haha: NOW THAT'S HOW YOU SHOP!!!! Bravo Meddy, Bravo! ;) I made two additional purchases today :eek:hboy: I need for this dang code to stop working so that I can get back to my life! :lmao: I've been on the sephora site since Friday :shock:

Latest posts