All Things Sephora

MaryJane

The Tatcha lipstick must be one of those lipsticks you need to see in person because I just don't get the hype. I've seen pics of it on this and other sites and, while it's a pretty color, I feel like I've seen this color before from other cosmetic companies.

Ingenue

The Tatcha lipstick must be one of those lipsticks you need to see in person because I just don't get the hype. I've seen pics of it on this and other sites and, while it's a pretty color, I feel like I've seen this color before from other cosmetic companies.

I think it's more the 'experience' of using the lipstick. Does that make sense? The formula is gorgeous and the color is really flattering (and I could detect no scent, which is a plus for people who don't like heavily scented cosmetics). That PACKAGING is what really makes it... it's simply stunning.

elegant-one

I don't think it's hype about the Tatcha lipstick. Not one person has said they were disappointed in it in any way. The shade is fairly unique on but the quality of the lipstick texture itself is one of the best ever on the market. The packaging is amazing quality as well as being simply beautiful.

GreenEyedAllie

I don't think it's hype about the Tatcha lipstick. Not one person has said they were disappointed in it in any way. The shade is fairly unique on but the quality of the lipstick texture itself is one of the best ever on the market. The packaging is amazing quality as well as being simply beautiful.

I agree. I own everything from ColourPop to Christian Louboutin...this formula has no equals, IMHO. The color is perfect for me. I thought I had seen it before, but even though I gravitate to plummy/mauvey pinks, so far no dupe. The packaging has such a perfect feel, weight, and balance to it, which is no surprise given the care Japanese artisans place on this for brushes, knives, etc.

That said, I think it's all with what you want out of a lip product. If you are the type that only wants a nearly un-dupable color, then no this isn't that unique. Not into white packaging or don't care so much about packaging? Maybe not worth the extra $$. Need a matte? Nope!

Prettypackages

thanks for the app info!
That Tatcha lipstick is stunning on everyone I've seen it on! I'm glad to hear everyone is enjoying it. To be honest, I thought Tom Ford's lippies were disappointing, so I've been hesitant to go over the $30ish range since then.

I also wanted to share an app I just found out about. It's called Ibotta and is a coupon-ing type app. Anyway, the reason I bring it up is because, if you spend $35 or more in store, you get $5 back. I've used it 3 times now. Works well! The only thing with the app is you can't withdraw the money into PayPal or Venmo until you have $20 in rebates. I've also used the app when grocery shopping and such too though. Anyway, I just wanted to share in case anyone is interested. Sorry if it's already been mentioned before!

Sephora Collection Jubilant illuminator

View attachment 52310
pretty!
I agree. I own everything from ColourPop to Christian Louboutin...this formula has no equals, IMHO. The color is perfect for me. I thought I had seen it before, but even though I gravitate to plummy/mauvey pinks, so far no dupe. The packaging has such a perfect feel, weight, and balance to it, which is no surprise given the care Japanese artisans place on this for brushes, knives, etc.

That said, I think it's all with what you want out of a lip product. If you are the type that only wants a nearly un-dupable color, then no this isn't that unique. Not into white packaging or don't care so much about packaging? Maybe not worth the extra $$. Need a matte? Nope!
I just might get it if it is around next week.

sagehen

***sigh*** feeling some kinda way because I re-qualified for VIBR today. On the positive side I may like the NARS blush I got as a welcome gift, if I can actually get a brush into that teeny tiny container :)

Last edited:

boschicka

***sigh*** feeling some kinda way because I re-qualified for VIBR today. On the positive site I may like the NARS blush I got as a welcome gift, if I can actually get a brush into that teeny tiny container :)

Ha, congrats?! I was shocked when I hit VIB in January. I was trying to take it easy this year. Now I'll be Rouge again in no time. Do we know if Sephora is doing the 15% off again this year for Chic Week? I assume nothing now after what they did for the VIBR/VIB sale!

Twinkle_Twinkle

Do you get an email or something when you requalify? Because I feel like I should have requalified by now (sadly).

***sigh*** feeling some kinda way because I re-qualified for VIBR today. On the positive site I may like the NARS blush I got as a welcome gift, if I can actually get a brush into that teeny tiny container :)

stormborn

I had quoted a whole bunch of text and it disappeared!

Hi everyone *waves*

The site hasn't been working well on my phone and I never get a chance to go on my computer. I miss this thread!

That Tatcha lipstick is gorgeous!!! And sold out :( I'm okay with that though because I finally tracked down the sold out Kevyn Aucoin Contour Book Vol II today and I'm on Cloud 9!! My boyfriend had to drive an hour either way to pick it up. Bless him haha.

Elegant, I've been using the green Ole serum on my hands!! I'll have to try the Vit C one too. BTW, I feel like it's been a few months since you told us that your son and DIL are expecting! When will Baby EO be here?!

Sabrunka, I was going to suggest MAC paint pot in Soft Ochre if you're looking for a yellowy base colour. I just picked one up in Painterly (pinkish) and I'm liking it so far!

MontREAL, THREENAGER hahaha. Too accurate.

Twiggy, the alien eyelash curler comment. Mine felt the exact same way at first but now it's starting to feel normal... clearly I'm morphing into a hybrid :hand: I'm gonna grab that Lancome curler... (thanks Monsy!!) ... How are you liking it??

Edit: This is post #416 for me so I had to edit. I'm so Toronto it hurts :rofl:

Last edited:

sagehen

Do you get an email or something when you requalify? Because I feel like I should have requalified by now (sadly).
No, I happened to be in store and she said I made it to Rouge again and she and her coworker went looking for the gift (for some reason they gave me a birthday gift too, which I do not want). Last time, when I requalified with an online purchase, I was prompted to put the gift in my cart for my next purchase.

franlynne

I completely agree! From the moment I received it, I have been wishing that I had purchased two!! I hope they will make more! I didn't think I would love anything as much as the CL's, boy was I wrong!

Winthrop44

I completely agree! From the moment I received it, I have been wishing that I had purchased two!! I hope they will make more! I didn't think I would love anything as much as the CL's, boy was I wrong!

I have not received mine yet but they told me if I want a backup Barneys will have it in the next couple of weeks.

Latest posts