All Things Sephora

elegant-one

I got Mauvember which is so pretty on that I wished I would've bought 2 :/

And Nars Audacious Shirley is just beyond glamorously GORGEOUS on :wow::cloud9::heart:It's a deeper movie star red. I put it on & scrubbed my toilets...I felt like the most glamorous cleaner ever! :rofl:

Winthrop44

If you think about it...it's Sephora's loss. If the collection launched during VIBR I would have been very likely to splurge on TF...but now that the sale is done, I'm kind of done. VIBs are the one who will benefit. Grrrrrr.

Yep, I'm sure I would have pounced yesterday but I'm not motivated enough to bother calling to ask today.

awickedshape

I think it's a weird name if it has only been associated with her throughout history. And no words for people who modeled their Halloween costumes after her dead body.

I didn't understand at first, it was ghastly.

Between the sale and the NM event, now is as good a time as any to try KA

Last edited:

Icecaramellatte

Thank you IC!! My bday is actually next week. I got the medium MUFE palettes. I need to consolidate my MUFE shadows. Too many 3 pan palettes everywhere. What Smashbox lippie did you end up getting?

Smash box Always On liquid lipstick in Driver's Seat. It looked like a terra-cotta shade but the description said it was a warm pink. It does have a pink cast too it. I like it but I was looking for something understated and it is still reading bright to me.

Shars

It's just one shade name that's a bit morbid and probably just to me
Black Dahlia
Right before that I saw people doing Halloween looks online modeled after Elizabeth Short's corpse (why?!) and I guess the timing was bad :/

I more associate the name Black Dahlia with the Black Dahlia flower as I'm not familiar with Elizabeth Short and her horrible demise (had to google her actually). It's just unfortunate that the name of the flower is the same as the nickname they gave her when her death was all over the news because the colour of the flower is just amazing. I have a nail polish and lip tar from OCC with the same/similar name (Black Dahlia and Black Metal Dahlia). Anybody doing a look modelled after her is just horrid and seriously sick in the head.... I'm really hoping they were naming their looks based on the colour of the lipstick.

awickedshape

I more associate the name Black Dahlia with the Black Dahlia flower as I'm not familiar with Elizabeth Short and her horrible demise (had to google her actually). It's just unfortunate that the name of the flower is the same as the nickname they gave her when her death was all over the news because the colour of the flower is just amazing. I have a nail polish and lip tar from OCC with the same/similar name (Black Dahlia and Black Metal Dahlia). Anybody doing a look modelled after her is just horrid and seriously sick in the head.... I'm really hoping they were naming their looks based on the colour of the lipstick.

I'm absolutely sure they were naming it after the flower. I just happened to see the post about it two days before Halloween with those looks fresh in my mind of a sad case I heard of as a child.

Shars

I'm absolutely sure they were naming it after the flower. I just happened to see the post about it two days before Halloween with those looks fresh in my mind of a sad case I heard of as a child.

Anybody who was creating a halloween look based on a tragic murder in my mind is sick... regardless of creative licence.

Haven

Wouldn't you know it, Tom Ford Winter Soleilcollection launched this morning on sephora. It would launch the day AFTER the sale. Funny, I was guessing that would happen.

When stores play games like this, then it makes me shop for the items elsewhere.

I even got a "recommended for you" email from Sephora today featuring the TF winter collection. The day after the sale. :finger:

awickedshape

Yes, I have Pepper and Chai. Like them both, but as [MENTION=21522]elegant-one[/MENTION] says, I have saran wrap lips....no color! :p

Well then you get the true lipstick colour ;)
I can't wait for the 11th to place my VIB renewal order lol
Getting a cologne for Hubby and maybe the BB lipstick.
Was going to get my mascara and cotton pads but I might keep that for the NM beauty event... if I decide that discount trumps beauty bags lol

MaryJane

Wearing Nars Impudique for the first time today and I am in LOVE!!! It's such a pretty color. You only need a little but to get a nice flush, it's got a glow without being glittery. It pairs very nicey with the Bite Beauty fig/rose gold duo. I'm thinking of getting backups of the Bite duo - they're rather small and I could see running out of the rose gold quickly.

Does anyone know if VIB Rouge will be able to participate in the VIB sale this weekend?

elegant-one

Wearing Nars Impudique for the first time today and I am in LOVE!!! It's such a pretty color. You only need a little but to get a nice flush, it's got a glow without being glittery. It pairs very nicey with the Bite Beauty fig/rose gold duo. I'm thinking of getting backups of the Bite duo - they're rather small and I could see running out of the rose gold quickly.

Does anyone know if VIB Rouge will be able to participate in the VIB sale this weekend?

Yay!!! I'm so happy you love it on :icon_cheers: