All Things Sephora

VAL4M

From Sephora I just got the Nars Unfiltered II palette. From Mac I got the Call of the Canyon quad and Suns Out, Buns Out shadow from Goodbyes and a refill on my sisters foundation for the 25% off. I decided to try out Melt Cosmetics since they had a sale and got the Rust stack, the Radioactive stack, and Mum lipstick. I got that Friday black liquid lip from Colourpop along with the NKLA shadows and Record shadow set. I got the Long Hot Summer shadow palette and a refill of the Radiant Creamy concealer from narscosmetics.com. Oh, and I refilled a couple Drunk Elephant products from Dermstore's 30% off sale. Man looking at that list makes me feel like I spent way too much.

Hey let us know if you like the Melt Rust Stack palette almost buy it after Stephanie Nicols review but I told myself I didn't need it and they will have other sale next year.

Alysse011

I have been using Deciem products for more than a year! I love just about everything I have tried except the Hylamide HA Blur Primer and the Hylaminde Pore Delete. See below for descriptions. Bear with me for the list is lengthy.

Deciem products in rotation:

Hylamide:
SubQ Eye
-I used 2 full bottles of this, before switching to Cerave Eye Cream. The jury was out on it's effectiveness.

SubQ Anti-Age -
This is a lightweight serum and I use it in rotation with the Cerave Serum & Estee Lauder ANR. I may skip buying another bottle and see how things are with just the later two products mentioned.

Booster Low-Molecular HA -
Use in winter for more moisture and transport of serums into my skin

Booster C25 - Vitamin C
- I already have the new Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23%+ HA Spheres 2% to try after I use this up.
I also regularly use Skinceuticals C E Ferulic. I have used this for years along with the ELAVN serum.
Booster Pore Control
- I purchased this just before Paula's Choice released their Niacinamide serum ($42) . WHICH thank god I did not buy, because Deciem released The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% for 1/7th the cost!!! ($5.90) I am currently using the Pore Control in conjunction with the Niacinamide. When the Pore Control runs out I am going to just use the Ordinary and see how things go.

Niacinamide products are for daytime use only as it conflicts with any Vitamin C product!!!

Finisher Pore Delete
- Tricky to use. Best for a no makeup day. Does not play well with foundation.
Finisher HA Blur Primer - Not a fan. Lent itself to the oilies later in the day
Finisher Matte 12 - I like my Becca Ever Matte Poreless Primer better!
The Ordinary:
Vitamin C Suspension 23%+ HA Spheres 2% - See above
Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% - See above

Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% - Just added to routine. No thoughts yet.
Lactic Acid 10% + HA 2% - 2/3 way through first bottle. Already purchased a second. If you can get past the strong scent, kind of like tumeric, this is an interesting exfoliant.
Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA - about half way through my first bottle. Using in hopes it helps with brown spots/hyper-pigmentation from blemishes. Will probably purchase a second bottle to bear out whether it is effective or not.

I use the direct acids above in rotation along with a BHA. I do not use more than one direct acid on my face a night. And tend to give my face a break every third or fourth night depending on how sensitive my skin is. I dislike making my face "angry."

TBH I am truly impressed with The Ordinary! Aside from the shockingly LOW prices, I feel pretty good about them, because of the other Deciem products I have used. And I do have other Ordinary products on my to try list when they are in stock: High-Adherence Silicone Primer, High-Spreadability Fluid Primer and maybe their 1% Retinol (Compare to Paula's Choice is $56 vs. $6.70!!!). I already use a prescription Retin A, so this would just be a booster. The Matrixyl 10% + HA also looks interesting.

Please keep in mind I am 48, have aging skin that tends to be combination erring towards more oily. I still have the occasional break out, but no where near the severe acne of my 20' & 30's! But I still have pigmentation, some brown spots and discoloration. So I have chosen products that should help with all of those issues. Over all I am very happy with how my face is looking and feeling these days. And as you know, consistency and time are the real factors in successful skin care. WHEW! I hope this helps.

This was incredibly helpful! Thank you for taking the time to type this all out - it's very informative and very appreciated :thankyou::icon_cheers::bowdown::sunshine:

Alysse011

Since I don't know where to put this. So what did you guys score from the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales? I'm curious. Be it from Sephora, Ulta, etc what did you get?
From Sephora I actually skipped. I'm waiting for the $25 reward to get here then I think I will be trying that Laura Mercier powder. I just have to decide between 5 and 6. I'm leaning toward 5. However from all over the web I was able to grab:
  • 12 pc brush set from Bdellium Tools
  • 2 new Manuka Honey Enriched Pigments from Ardency Inn
  • Earrings from Baublebar
  • Black Rose from Dose of Colors
  • Viseart Bijoux Palette from Camera Ready Cosmetics
  • ABH shadows
  • There is something I'm sure that I'm forgetting

I still want to grab some brushes from MAC while they have their 25% off and Kiehl's $25 off $65, but I have to wait until Friday for either one.

Waiting to hear what you ladies and gents have grabbed.

I had (foolishly) declared that I would not be shopping any Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales this year. I resisted all sales except for the 60% off ABH shadows. I've been swatching and lemming after those for so long... Anyway, I ended up being able to order every ABH shadow I wanted with the exception of Pink Champagne which seems to be OOS everywhere. I'm basically in eyeshadow heaven though. These singles are NICE

I also passed on everything at Sephora. I'm going to use my $25 gift card on a Christmas gift for my mom.

fur4elise

This was incredibly helpful! Thank you for taking the time to type this all out - it's very informative and very appreciated
:thankyou::icon_cheers::bowdown::sunshine:
:kisskiss:Anything for a fellow beauty sister! Deciem to me has been a secret goldmine of skincare goodness...if they continue to be successful it won't be such a secret anymore! If I had just a tad more money in my budget, I would spring for some of the NIOD line...those too look and sound amazing.

fur4elise

I had (foolishly) declared that I would not be shopping any Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales this year. I resisted all sales except for the 60% off ABH shadows. I've been swatching and lemming after those for so long... Anyway, I ended up being able to order every ABH shadow I wanted with the exception of Pink Champagne which seems to be OOS everywhere. I'm basically in eyeshadow heaven though. These singles are NICE

I also passed on everything at Sephora. I'm going to use my $25 gift card on a Christmas gift for my mom.

LOL! Just like @Alysse011 ! We both declared in the No/Low Buy thread that we were going to be good girls! Though she did much better than I did! ;) In the end, I did do a small amount of shopping.

The only Black Friday item I purchased from Sephora was the Clarisonic Radiance set. I was in desperate need of a new brush head.

I did end up taking advantage of the 40% off MAC goodbyes (via MAC & Saks). I picked up some of the left over Vibe Tribe and Star Trek - Modern Mandarin & Painted Canyon blushes, Gleamstones (still not shipped, may be canceled), Matte Bronze Powder, To Boldly Go Pigment, and Highly Illogical TTLF Powder. I gave into this as I am skipping Mariah Carey x MAC!

I could not get in on the ABH e/s sale...BUT I have a few MAC Pro e/s shades on my master list that I would like. So I may yet order those via the 25% off MAC sale. I'm waiting until Sunday.

I did not go into any stores on Black Friday! And I only ordered a couple gifts online for my husband on Monday. I tend to find the better sales come in the next two weeks than on BF/CM. ;)

Last edited:

JerseyGirl

I've been sooo bad this month
At Clarins wharehouse sale
- Burberry Palette in Spice
- 3 NUXE moisturizers (I love them)
- Clarins eye cream
- 2 Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel with Marula Oil
- Clarins face balm
- and a couple of gifts for my boss she's almost done her Clarins Bronzing & blush compact instead of 42$ I paid 15$ (major Score!)
and for my Aunt Purmineral Primer set and Nuxe mask set

at Murale (work like Ulta with point that you can exchange for money)
- Tata Harper purifying cleanser
- Smashbox lipliner in Fushia and Ruby
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Oil
- Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation
-Guerlain liquid eyeliner in Brun Cendre
- Guerlain Holiday Meteorite
- Bvlgari eau Parfumé au Thé Noir
- Quo Eye Crease Blender Brush
And on Ebay yesterday
Innisfree Skin clinic sheet Mask (pack of 7) EUNYUL Natural Sheet Mask (8PCS) and The Face Shop Real Nature Mask 7PCS

Wow! I went a few years ago to my clarins warehouse sale - they didn't have burberry!! Nice score!!

Icecaramellatte

Since I don't know where to put this. So what did you guys score from the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales? I'm curious. Be it from Sephora, Ulta, etc what did you get?
From Sephora I actually skipped. I'm waiting for the $25 reward to get here then I think I will be trying that Laura Mercier powder. I just have to decide between 5 and 6. I'm leaning toward 5. However from all over the web I was able to grab:
  • ABH shadows

I still want to grab some brushes from MAC while they have their 25% off and Kiehl's $25 off $65, but I have to wait until Friday for either one.

Low on funds and saving for Mariah so not much. I did get the Dose of Colors Eyescream palette. They don't usually do sales. I don't think they do and I'm sorry I missed out on the first palette and its been on my list for a while. Also picked up some Mac stuff. I couldn't resist the 10% Ebates plus the 25% off. I got Toast & Butter lipstick and the 2 pink shadows from the holiday collection and something else. I can't remember. Want more but trying to resist. I really wanted to order from Zoeva. They had a Black Friday sale that I was hoping would run into Cyber Monday but it didn't. The sales were great but no funds so . . .

Edit - Oh yeah I got Mac green polish from Saks. It was $5 on Mac's site last week but I didn't get it. Duh? Could only find it on Saks for $8 so I grabbed it. I can't remember which collection it was from though. Oh wait I think it was Fashion something from the summer. Ebates rates were good on many sites too.

Last edited:

Prettypackages

can't wait to hear how you feel about bijoux and black rose.
  • ABH shadows

Prettypackages

Um next year can you send me a text of your shopping plan? LOL I didn't know about most of these sales. I purposely ignored the NM emails, however that 14% ebates would've drew me in.
I'm so sorry I missed out on the AJ Crimson sale, although we just had the make up show chicago and I got 50%, so I technically didn't need anything.
What color are you in his line?
I got:

• a replacement AJ Crimson foundation because the colour I got matched to at the Makeup Up Show this year is wayyyy to dark... like contour shade dark (what were they thinking!?) and I also got the full match kit with samples of all the shades they have plus their correcting shades I think. While I'm happy to support another quality black brand I'm annoyed that he only announced getting 30% off orders $50 and up or 40% off orders $150.00 and up and then on Saturday upped the discount to 40% sitewide with no minimum purchase and then on cyber Monday offered a whopping 60% off sitewide with no minimum purchase. I would purchased way more at either 40% or 60%! I'm also mad at the $6.95 shipping charge for slow ass USPS (Sephora and Shoprunner's free 2 day have me spoiled lol)
  • I took advantage of the NM $50 off $200 purchase since they were also offering 14% cash back on top. I got the LM candlelight powder (in shade 5) for myself and one for a friend as a gift. Also restocked on my NARS radiant creamy concealer (which is on backorder until God knows when) and the Clarins Toning Lotion for oily skin that Monsy recommended I try.
  • NM didn't have the Sarah Moon blush (Impudique) I wanted so I just picked it up directly from NARS' website with the 20% off. Stupidly forgot I wanted 3 of those new Audacious lipsticks but I'll get them another time.
  • Grabbed the new ABH stick foundation in Chestnut (that better be my shade as I know Cocoa is too dark for me) as well as the Fudge Lip Gloss. I wanted Sepia lipgloss as well but passed for now. I was hoping she was having the discount on the liquid lipsticks so I could finally grab Sarafine and Sepia but oh well. More money for...
  • SAKS! I tried to take advantage of the offer of a $25 gift card for a $100 offer to get the MAC sale stuff I wanted since they were doing 14% cash back. I initially tried to pick up 3 of that Bowl collection (forget the name), the Nude Sweet Nutcracker lip bag, the shader brush and the Strange New Worlds powder. 2 of the eyeshadows got cancelled as well as the Nude Lip Bag (weird) but my $25 gift card already shipped so I guess all's well that ends well.
  • I picked up two metallic Velvetines from Lime Crime (Zenon and Posh) when they had the free shipping on any order on top of the sale. I wanted about 3 or 4 others but I really don't need that many nude liquid lipsticks lol!
  • I ordered a ton of nail polish from Zoya with their 70% off code.
  • Yesterday I shopped MAC to get the eye shadows that got cancelled from my SAKS order. Will also get the Nude lip bag later today with the 25% off.

dash4

Anyone buy the Tartiest Pro Amazonian Clay palette? I keep seeing mixed reviews.. I swatched it at Ulta and it seems nice, but of course finger swatches might not translate the same to how they apply to the eyes.

I am trying to figure out what to buy with my $25 off $50 coupon!

elegant-one

Anyone buy the Tartiest Pro Amazonian Clay palette? I keep seeing mixed reviews.. I swatched it at Ulta and it seems nice, but of course finger swatches might not translate the same to how they apply to the eyes.

I am trying to figure out what to buy with my $25 off $50 coupon!

When are they sending out the coupons?

aradhana

The new blush palettes? I think they are limited edition but I read they will be on narscosmetics.com later this month so you still have a chance to get it. Makes me think they may have a good amount of stock.
ah ok! i will not worry about it then. also temptalia is going to be posting her review sometime soon, so it will be good to see how the blushes compare to the stuff in the permanent line.

aradhana

Um next year can you send me a text of your shopping plan? LOL I didn't know about most of these sales. I purposely ignored the NM emails, however that 14% ebates would've drew me in.
I'm so sorry I missed out on the AJ Crimson sale, although we just had the make up show chicago and I got 50%, so I technically didn't need anything.
wow - i had never heard of aj crimson but now that i googled it...it looks amazing! how are the products? it's pretty neat that they sell that foundation testing kit. must be very useful.

Sabrunka

They sent me a postcard stating they will be sending them out starting December 3rd or 4th... I can't remember exactly.. but I would think we should be getting them within the next 10 days..

Well the deal actually starts tomorrow, so they will begin sending emails out tomorrow and some people may end up getting them a day or two later :) I dont remember my post card saying any specific date though? Yours says that? Mine just says something about checking my email closer to the start date (or at least that's what I remember it saying) and then saw it starts on December 2nd, aka tomorrow.

Shars

Haha! There are certain sales that tend to come around every year pretty consistently so I hold out for those. But generally I follow blogs like Nouveaucheap.blogspot (she does a phenomenal Black Friday/Cyber Monday post listing all the sales) as well as Temptalia's sale summary.
I was matched to 6.5 I think so I bought 5. Hopefully it's the right shade this time *sigh*

shontay07108

I got my order yesterday of the KVD brightening powder and the Nars blush palette in Unfiltered I. I used both today and I'm so happy I got them. That KVD powder finally gave me that brighter look under my eyes without the caking into my wrinkles. Her regular setting powder is awesome, but this powder adds a bit more brightness. The Nars palette is perfect in every way. I haven't been impressed with Nars since the Audacious launch, so this makes me happy.