All Things Sephora

BrittLuvsMakeup

I want that damn Bon Bon palette, but I used my card for the bite December lippie online. Now I can't use my card for the Bon Bon because it won't be in stores by then. Boo!
I'll go in SiJCP today and get something else just so I can use my card twice. Haha

I'm in the same boat you're in! I want the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Pearl, however, I already used my card online and it doesn't come out in stores until January. I wish I would have waited because the items I did purchase on my card are readily available in store so I could have gotten what I purchased online at JCPenney and I could have gotten the highlighter online. :(

bunnypoet

A while ago I got the cinema secret brush cleaner and I hated it. It stained all my white brushes and duo fiber brushes blue. I prefer Parian Spirit but the scent is too strong. I might dilute it with water when I by that again, but CS never again. I also had to use the beauty blender cleaner to get some of the staining out.

That's too bad. :/ I had high hopes for a cleaner that had some muscle and yet worked faster than the traditional brush shampoo and water cleaning method. I'll try it on my dark brown brushes and see how it goes. Wish they would make a clear version since the staining issue came up in the Sephora reviews as well. I bought Parian Spirit a few years ago and thought it was okay but not deep cleaning, but I only tried the small spray bottle, not the regular bottle. Might have to try it again.

MaryJane

I have the Chocolate Bon Bons palette and love it. I'm a big fan of all of the chocolate bar palettes. The colors are dupable but, these days, if you have a makeup collection, you can find a dupe for almost any color.

The scent isn't strong at all. I really have to put my face close to the palette to catch the chocolate scent. Once they are applied, I don't smell it at all.

Urmi

Have you ladies used hourglass ambient powders? If so, are they better than Mac beauty powders? Thank you!

dash4

There is a cool Clinique set in the sale section on Sephora for $29.50 (reg $39.50).. it includes Heather Pop.. EDIT: In the eyeshadow quad - the dark shade almost looks like Clinique's iconic Black Honey shadow?

I will just copy and paste everything that is in it:

- 0.17 oz Limited Edition All About Shadow Quad
- 0.12 oz Cheek Pop in Heather Pop
- 0.24 oz High Impact Mascara in Black
- 0.001 oz Clinique Skinny Stick in Sleek Teak
- 0.07 oz Long Last Glosswear in Love at First Sight
- 1.7 oz Take The Day Off Makeup Remover For Lids, Lashes, & Lips
- Cosmetic bag

clinique.JPG

Last edited:

colormefab

So I finally succumbed to the Viseart bug but I know the collector in me is gonna want more than just the two I have on my list. This is going to be very expensive collection.

MaryJane

So I finally succumbed to the Viseart bug but I know the collector in me is gonna want more than just the two I have on my list. This is going to be very expensive collection.

I have the Paris Nudes palette and like it but won't be getting more. It's a good palette but I don't find it to be exceptional and I really can't understand all the hype. I have palettes from MUFE, Kat Von D, Urban Decay, and Too Faced that I feel work just as well or better.

Prettypackages

Which two did you get? I actually love the three I have. When I first used it, I was amazed at how easy it was to blend them.

Anyone try Suratt shadows? I got two OMG they feel and blend like BUTTER. I'll post swatches later.

dash4

I have the Paris Nudes palette and like it but won't be getting more. It's a good palette but I don't find it to be exceptional and I really can't understand all the hype. I have palettes from MUFE, Kat Von D, Urban Decay, and Too Faced that I feel work just as well or better.

This makes me nervous - I have heard the shimmer palettes aren't as great as the mattes. I will be getting mine on Tuesday (actually coming on Monday but I will be out of town).. I really hope they don't disappoint.

Anyone try Suratt shadows? I got two OMG they feel and blend like BUTTER. I'll post swatches later.

I have only swatched them in store and they feel amazing. The texture is so smooth and silky.

TwiggyPop

I'm in the same boat you're in! I want the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Pearl, however, I already used my card online and it doesn't come out in stores until January. I wish I would have waited because the items I did purchase on my card are readily available in store so I could have gotten what I purchased online at JCPenney and I could have gotten the highlighter online. :(

The first thing I ordered with my card online was the December lippie from Bite and it's sold out now so it was a good choice, but it still stings. Haha. I went to SiJCP yesterday and wore my new lippie and used my card on another Olé Henrickson daytime moisturizer.

We gotta keep it real around here.

Have you ladies used hourglass ambient powders? If so, are they better than Mac beauty powders? Thank you!

I have 2 Ambient powders and a couple Beauty Powders. From my experience the BP are more shimmery and mine have worked better as highlighters and the Ambient Powders give more of a glow than a shimmer, but there is one shimmery one I think. I can't remember which one.

This makes me nervous - I have heard the shimmer palettes aren't as great as the mattes. I will be getting mine on Tuesday (actually coming on Monday but I will be out of town).. I really hope they don't disappoint.

I have only swatched them in store and they feel amazing. The texture is so smooth and silky.

I just have the Bridal palette and it's all shimmer, I would like it a lot more if there were mattes mixed in. I know it's called Bridal Satin or whatever, but I don't like having to grab 4 different palettes for one look. Haha.

shontay07108

I took back the Becca primer today. It was so beautiful on, but it made my face tingle for awhile after putting it on and my face would sting a bit when taking it off. I couldn't see anything bad happening, but it's not good to have that kind of reaction and so I figured it was best to return it. Why can't companies make luminious products w/o all that harsh crap? Blah. At least I still have my YSL primer.

Urmi

The first thing I ordered with my card online was the December lippie from Bite and it's sold out now so it was a good choice, but it still stings. Haha. I went to SiJCP yesterday and wore my new lippie and used my card on another Olé Henrickson daytime moisturizer.

We gotta keep it real around here.

I have 2 Ambient powders and a couple Beauty Powders. From my experience the BP are more shimmery and mine have worked better as highlighters and the Ambient Powders give more of a glow than a shimmer, but there is one shimmery one I think. I can't remember which one.

thanks so much TwiggyPop! You really helped :shakehands:

Yazmin

A while ago I got the cinema secret brush cleaner and I hated it. It stained all my white brushes and duo fiber brushes blue. I prefer Parian Spirit but the scent is too strong. I might dilute it with water when I by that again, but CS never again. I also had to use the beauty blender cleaner to get some of the staining out.

Oh no!! I love the CS, but agree about the Parian Spirit scent. Since I can't stand it's intense smell on my brushes, I use it to clean the makeup stains off of my white bathroom sink. The citrusy scent is perfect for the bathroom! It even cleans better than Scrubbing Bubbles lol

My current favorite is the Cozzette brush cleaner. I love the way it smells! Only problem is he doesn't know if he's going to reformulate it or quit making it altogether, so it's been harder to find. Once I go through the four bottles I stocked, I may go back to MAC's brush cleaner.

dash4

I took back the Becca primer today. It was so beautiful on, but it made my face tingle for awhile after putting it on and my face would sting a bit when taking it off. I couldn't see anything bad happening, but it's not good to have that kind of reaction and so I figured it was best to return it. Why can't companies make luminious products w/o all that harsh crap? Blah. At least I still have my YSL primer.

Oh no! That's what I was thinking about getting since there isn't much I want at the JCP Sephora. Hmmmm. Do you have sensitive skin?