Alternatives to MAC's Pro Pan Sleeves

obscuria

I didn't know where to put this, but mods feel free to move it if there is somewhere more appropriate to have this thread.

I've been thinking of selling some of my MAC pro-pan eyeshadows but I didn't save a lot of the pro-pan sleeves that hold them securely.

Is there another way to securely package these items that doesn't involve asking other people for their throw away pro-pan sleeves? I obviously don't want to sell anyone anything that I think is going to break in the mail if I can't package it securely.

Any info from people that have sold pro-pans without the MAC pro-pan sleeves or palettes would be helpful.

I need the money really bad right now so I'm thinking about selling more of my make-up collection. My poor dog has become very ill and I need to pay for his medical expenses... and, well, pretty much my dog is more amazing than all the make-up in the world.

Thanks for any help!

RandomnessWithK

i sent you a pm on some ideas
winks.gif
hth!

Junkie

Whenever I get pro-pan or depots, a lot of the girls cut out cardboard or thicker bristol board and tape the depot inbetween 2 pieces.

If you need sleeves I can send you a small handful. I have a few, shipping only
smiles.gif

ThePowderPuff

I have just packed them in thick paper first and then bubblewrapped them. It doesn't look pretty, but it seems to work fine.

Nepenthe

The pro pans that I have RIS have been packaged between thick cardboard or in one case, between two business cards. As long as there is bubblewrap around them, I imagine creative alternatives would be fine.

StarrySim

Yes, the best thing to do it sandwich it between two pieces of cardboard, then tape around it. I can't even tell you how many horribly packaged pans I've gotten through swaps, and I always forget to give them instructions! The worst were packed in just bubble wrap (can you say bubble imprint and powder everywhere?). Another time they were taped directly to cardboard, and when I peeled the tape off of course the labels ripped off right along with it. Argh.
So, please do everyone a favour and just sandwich them between two pieces of cardboard. Or business cards. Then bubble wrap if you must, but putting the sandwich directly in a bubble envelope will be fine too.