Am I a boring shopper? :s

keirii

So I separated all my eyeshadow colors today and I realized that all of them can be put into two categories : "Pinkish purplish" and "Goldish-bronzish-natural"

And there were no shadows that didn't fit neatly into these two categories :x (Of course, to ME they're all unique, but..)

Has anyone else found themselves buying shades of the same kinds of colors over and over? Or am I just a loser at eyeshadow? :p

JustDivine

No, you're a safe and predictable shopper!

You just stick to what you know and like, which is not always a good thing because you're more likely to end up with similar shadows. Me, I have a few shades of green, and blue, and neutrals, so I've decided that if I buy a new eyeshadow it can't be one of these. There's only so many of one colour you *really* need to have IMO, unless you would NEVER wear another colour at all. But then you wouldn't know that because you hadn't tried anything else.

bgajon

You're not a boring shopper you just feel safer in these colors. And well yes I have been in the same position, that is until I found wonderful sites like specktra and others where I've found inspiring looks and tutorials. Now I've bought several other colors, today i even tried green eye shadow. Which i never thought I'd wear!! So... my recommendation is that you find a look that you love with shadows you'd never wear and start trying it at home. Then venture to other places and you'll see how much compliments you'll start getting. Just start with one color like a dark blue or green and that way you won't feel like you're wearing something too bright. I hope this rant helps
winks.gif

Paramnesia

I agree with everybody else, you're not boring, just safe.
I'm a bit like that, most shadows i have are either blues/greens or neutrals

rbella

I would think that it is better to stick with colors you know work well on you than spending tons of money on colors you just love in the pan. I think you are making good decisions. I would be pretty pissed if I had a ton of products that were of no use to me. I say "Congratulations to you!!"

NutMeg

*laughs* Go read all of the posts about how someone has 7 trillion eyeshadows and only uses 8 or so. Don't be afraid to try new things, but at the same time don't buy something because you think you should.

KikiB

You're just sticking to what you feel the safest in and what looks the best on you. I know a lot of people who will not wear ANY makeup or if they do, it's just the neutralest neutrals. I am the opposite because I have a wide range of colours but I do use them-my MO when shopping is to pick a colour out that I really like in the pan and on me, and then when I get home start making looks.

nelyanaphonexia

omg. I totally do this too. Although recently, I've been buying TONS and TONS of blues and teals. So, now I have three categories. Pinks, Purples and Reds. Coppers, Bronzes and Neutrals. Teals, Green and Blues. huh....although after all that. What is there left? Although, I don't have a good yellow eye shadow. I want one terribly.
ssad.gif

User49

I used to do this too! I'd buy mostly blues and greens! I even bought Aquadisiac Eyeshadow twice! (I didn't realize I already had it!) I think once I started playing and going out of my comfort zone I found other colours that suited me. I have a pretty big range of colours now. It's just getting the confidence to try out new things. My first mac product was So There Jade and then I just wanted all of them! I actually have a list that I take with me when I go shopping so I don't buy the same thing twice :0) xx

kyustman

I used to have only purple and neutral shades too, but then I decided I kept spending money on similar shades... so now I have a variety of colors. I don't think it's that you're boring, you just know what you'll actually use... Don't be ashamed, but at the same time dont be afraid to try a new color, maybe something thats not completely out of your comfort zone, just slightly different...
winks.gif