Am I getting in over my head?

RiCh_N_PrEtTy

So I'm 4 weeks into my first semester of college. I haven't made many friends, except maybe one chick. I ruled out female friends because of too much drama. So I vowed to only be friends with guys.. Which I find myself getting more comfortable with them...
Well there's this guy in my one of my classes that approached me for the first time. He asked me about my major and even sat by me in class (there were a whole lot of seats available)... I started the conversation off and asked what kinda career path he was headed and even asked about personal plans. I asked if he had kids( very blunt I know), he said he'd rather wait until he has money in the bank, and he returned the question to me. What made me ask this question is, he told me its hard to chat with people because the professors always talk without letting us students chat with one another...
The thing I like about this guy the most is that he listens and he's NOT judgmental. He's younger than me (about 5 years)however his mellowness is a turn on
winks.gif
We exchanged phone number (which was my move)and after class he told me "see you around".
my question is, is he a tad bit interested or am I getting in over my head?
th_dunno.gif

obscuria

It's always hard to tell when you meet someone for the first time. But I think if you like the guy, you should go for it. Probably not ask him out right away but at least get to know him better.

I mean, I'm pretty sure when you asked him for his phone number he got the hint that you were at least interested in getting to know him better and the fact that he gave you his number (I assume without much hesitation) means that he would also like to get to know you better. That's a start.

MissCrystal

I finished college, so I'm going to be 100 % honest with you. Since its your first semester of college a lot of people there are very friendly as soon as you meet some1 rather it be a girl or guy right away it becomes like school friends, like exchanging numbers or emails. Some1 to keep in touch regarding school stuff. Thats probably what he was thinking. I wouldn't look to much into it right now
yes.gif
but if your interested in him get to know him a bit more and have study sessions and stuff, then see where it goes.

RiCh_N_PrEtTy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCrystal
I finished college, so I'm going to be 100 % honest with you. Since its your first semester of college a lot of people there are very friendly as soon as you meet some1 rather it be a girl or guy right away it becomes like school friends, like exchanging numbers or emails. Some1 to keep in touch regarding school stuff. Thats probably what he was thinking. I wouldn't look to much into it right now
yes.gif
but if your interested in him get to know him a bit more and have study sessions and stuff, then see where it goes.

regarding to my first semester, I went to school in 2007 and stopped. I acutally meant to say my first semester back. I go to a community college most people there are either looking for real friends or meet their college sweetheart. Not everyone just make "friends for the moment"..
smiles.gif

LoveMakeup4Real

We shall see when/if he calls. And if he continues to sit beside you in class. In the meantime, play it cool and control your feelings, I know we women love to think ahead into lala land :) Keep us updated, take care!

LoveMakeup4Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiCh_N_PrEtTy
regarding to my first semester, I went to school in 2007 and stopped. I acutally meant to say my first semester back. I go to a community college most people there are either looking for real friends or meet their college sweetheart. Not everyone just make "friends for the moment"..
smiles.gif

Not necessarily true. You'd be surprised how many people are just there to focus on school, not to befriend anyone. I was like that at one point. I started off at a community college then graduated at a university. Not everyone is looking for their college sweetheart or best friends forever haha. Anyway, like I mentioned above, it was just a conversation, take it for what it is...until he makes it crystal clear that he is genuinely interested. You did your part by exchanging numbers. Let him take lead now.

P.S. don't be so quick to dismiss the possibility of befriending women; not all are into drama. But I understand where you're coming from, I have met more than enough dramatic, pathetic women that has left me wary.

Goat Goat Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMakeup4Real

P.S. don't be so quick to dismiss the possibility of befriending women; not all are into drama. But I understand where you're coming from, I have met more than enough dramatic, pathetic women that has left me wary.

That goes for gay friends too! lol

I know the universe calls women and gays together but sometimes...JESUS! So draining sometimes!

LMD84

i think that you should give him a call and see how the conversation goes. maybe meet for a starbucks or something to chat. then see how everything pans out - if he is insterested i'm sure he'll jump at the chance to see you again
smiles.gif
and if not... then at least you have made a new friend

kabuki_KILLER

No, too much too quick. I would probably approach him more times under similar situations and then decide the next move. Be patient. I have yet to know enough about the situation from a 3rd party standpoint to give advice on forward. I definitely think this guy respects you and would love to keep in contact, and we all know that is fundamental for a relationship, whether or not it happens.

On another hand, it's totally not true that all women are like that. I know for a fact that I'm different. I used to befriend more girls than guys because I found a lot of GUYS to be superficial, petty and bound more by what they thought was socially acceptable than what they felt like doing or what they knew was right. But then again, I'm chinese american and most guys around me were kind of...insecure, if you know what I mean.

RiCh_N_PrEtTy

Quote:
Not necessarily true. You'd be surprised how many people are just there to focus on school, not to befriend anyone. I was like that at one point. I started off at a community college then graduated at a university. Not everyone is looking for their college sweetheart or best friends forever haha. Anyway, like I mentioned above, it was just a conversation, take it for what it is...until he makes it crystal clear that he is genuinely interested. You did your part by exchanging numbers. Let him take lead now.

Naw I'm done with women...

RiCh_N_PrEtTy

Quote:
We shall see when/if he calls. And if he continues to sit beside you in class. In the meantime, play it cool and control your feelings, I know we women love to think ahead into lala land :) Keep us updated, take care!

I am not looking to marry the man, it was just a point I made about the different types of relationships that happen during college.

I'm not head over hills with him, I just thought it was odd that he started a convo and sat by me. Most guys think I'm taken or "playing games" with 'em. He's a nice guy and I won't be pissed if we turn out to be good friends...
yes.gif

Meisje

Try to pursue a friendship with him first. Relax and get to know him. The best romantic relationship I've ever had evolved from a year-long close friendship, which was great for many reasons, the best of which being as friends there was no reason for him to cultivate any image in front of me, so when we fell in love, it was with who each other really were.

I know what you mean about befriending women. You only have to be burned a couple times --- and when women betray you, it's pretty spectacular. The last time I really put effort into befriending a new female, it was great for a couple months and then she did something really cruel.

RiCh_N_PrEtTy

Thank you all for the feedback... And I will not jump to conclusions about this buy... I will take it as it is until "something suddenly happen"...
winks.gif