Amazingly fake

pinktraits

Perhaps I missed it but last I checked MAC made nothing like this:
MAC FAFI ELEGANT COLORFUL EYESHADOW - eBay (item 180302290333 end time Nov-01-08 01:36:24 PDT)
and they definitely don't wrap things in plastic like that.
Something also seems wrong with this:
NEW!!! MAC FAFI GLAZE LIPSTICK - eBay (item 180302290972 end time Nov-01-08 01:43:15 PDT)
Considering they label the color as "#20".
th_LMAO.gif

24 shades from Fafi?:
MAC fafi lip gloss lipglass set 24 pc. - eBay (item 320314342087 end time Nov-01-08 21:08:15 PDT)
That doesn't sound right.
There's a lot of these things going around:
NEW MAC MAKEUP EYESHADOW 12 COLORS PALLETE***RETAIL $65 - eBay (item 260305153965 end time Oct-28-08 20:26:14 PDT)
The sponge tip applicator really makes them.
Rat hair, really?
2009 New 24pc MACs Makeup Brush set + Leather pouch - eBay (item 280280647890 end time Oct-28-08 21:44:37 PDT)
I'm not sure how these obvious fakes continue to make it through eBay.
I've tried reporting obvious bootlegs, it never works. It's not like it's hard to tell the real from the fake most of the time and since eBay seems to have such strict rules I'm just not sure what their deal is. I especially feel bad every time I see one of the obvious fakes with bids on them. :\

purrtykitty

Too bad that first listing says "quintet of shadows" on the box...nice try, there are only 4 colors! Poor, naive bidders.

Misstink

i have reported the 12 shadows before, i waited to see who won to let htem know they just bought fake product lol

redambition

The lipstick is a worry as it looks very close the real thing... that one could be mistaken for real.

it's sad that the counterfeiters are moving into the LE market.

If you see one - definitely report it if it's a blatant fake.

chantelle8686

wow i didnt even see the number marking i look right past it!!! :O
umm rat hair lmfao...soo fake by the placement of the logo also lol
And as for the colours can tell its fake straight off with the pigment in the colors and also the way the pallet is made.....and i dont even have alo of MAC items lol

Kayteuk

This just makes me worry...They are getting better and better at making good counterfeits. Oh crap..

mizuki~

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
The lipstick is a worry as it looks very close the real thing... that one could be mistaken for real.

it's sad that the counterfeiters are moving into the LE market.

If you see one - definitely report it if it's a blatant fake.

Ugh it does look like the real thing. I admit, it could've fooled me since I don't have a real one to compare it to.

Damn these people are getting better at imitating!
nonono.gif

Ms. Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misstink
i have reported the 12 shadows before, i waited to see who won to let htem know they just bought fake product lol

How did the person react when you told them the item is a fake?

Check this one out
New 12 color MACs Palette cream Eyeshadow Set - eBay (item 230304037763 end time Oct-30-08 19:54:58 PDT)

Notice bidders are kept private, so that you can't inform of this information. Bidders need to get a clue, if the item is private and you are not buying something sexual or freaky, why would your identity have to be kept private.

pinktraits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Z
How did the person react when you told them the item is a fake?

Check this one out
New 12 color MACs Palette cream Eyeshadow Set - eBay (item 230304037763 end time Oct-30-08 19:54:58 PDT)

Notice bidders are kept private, so that you can't inform of this information. Bidders need to get a clue, if the item is private and you are not buying something sexual or freaky, why would your identity have to be kept private.

Ya know, I never even thought of that. I just always thought the bidder was kept private so you wouldn't get people messaging the current bidder asking them to stop/harrassing them so that they could win the item. (hopefully this makes sense, it sounded better in my head. >_^)

BunnyBunnyBunny

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktraits
Ya know, I never even thought of that. I just always thought the bidder was kept private so you wouldn't get people messaging the current bidder asking them to stop/harrassing them so that they could win the item. (hopefully this makes sense, it sounded better in my head. >_^)

the bidder being kept private is an ebay decision. they had issues with harassment and people contacting bidders offering to sell them stuff outside ebay, so they made bidders private.

MACLovin

LOL at the quintet of 4 colors... hahah, wow.

and those brushes look DISGUSTING!

I will never buy MAC off ebay! EFF that..