An NC foundation and an NW concealer?

Pink Lady

I'm new to the forum and am so glad I stumbled upon it during a sleepless night. I have a question and hope one of you will be able to help.

About two months ago I sent my sister to buy me some concealer because due to sleepless nights and stress I have dark circles under my eyes and a couple of blemishes that my Studio Fix wasn't covering up completely. She went to get it for me and came back with one that I'm not so happy with. She brought me NW35 Studio Finish concealer but I feel that it's not really the shade I need. Apparently the MA told her that's the one she needed since my Studio Fix is NC40. Any of you wear the same shade as me? If so, what shade, concealer, do you use? I think the concealer is a bit darker than the foundation and it looks a bit weird when I use it. I put it on under my foundation, should I try it over it to make it work? or am I better of with another shade? Any input would be greatly appreciated =]

*Sorry for the long post.*

IvoryLady

I'm not as dark as you, but I'm an NC15 and the MAs give me NW15 for my undereye concealer. I think the slightly pinker tone covers my circles better than a yellow shade.

If the color is still bothering you after 2 months, I'd say go to the counter and see if there's a better shade for you, or if you can get some advice from the MAs on how to make the NW35 work better. Good luck
smiles.gif

Pink Lady

Ok so today after reading your replies I decided to give it another shot. I tried applying it with a concealer brush this time and yes I did like it better. I guess I was apprehensive about trying it again because of my initial reaction. Thank you!

lara

The pinkness makes the product appear a little more peachy when placed on yellow-based skin. Yellow + pink = peach, and peach cancels out purple under the eye.
smiles.gif

maxcat

Lara, as always, has it *dead* on.
In fact, if your circles are *really* dark, the NC will actually look yellow on top of them. I also sometimes use nc/nw cross matches for highlighting - under the brow, etc etc.

Pink Lady

Thank you all! Let's just say that now I can't stop using it lol. I didn't know about the peach cancelling out the purple. Thanks Lara!

tracie

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlyqmishee
I'm NC30 and my MA gave me NW20 concealer; it's perfect.

ditto

charismaticlime

I honestly never heard of that. I always heard it was the yellow shade that would counteract with the blue from the dark circles. Anyways, when I went to a MAC counter looking for a good under-eye concealer, an MA tested out NC30 on my (asian, yellow undertones) skin, and I was sold. Should I consider getting a concealer in the NW shade or stick to the one I already have?