Anastasia Beverly Hills Cosmetics

ARmakeupjunkie

I know. Don't get me started on having too much. I literally couldn't find the UD Razor Sharp liner I JUST GOT LAST WEEK this morning. OMG. It's too much. And all my 2015 and prior highlighters are in a case that I'm too lazy to go into so I've been doing fine with the ones from this year...don't ask for e/s palettes. Hot and sweaty I chase something then it gets push to the side when something new comes up. The only indie brand palettes I have are Juvia's and MUG. Oh and the BH Missy Lynn one.

That's all well and good unless you're buying the palette for two damn shades haha! I have soooo many palettes I sometimes forget I own them. I have a Laura Mercier palette I lusted after like nobody's business and I hardly wear it. That could do with the fact though that I find the shades fade on me before the end of the day. I promised to try it again with a different primer or base but I have so many others I reach for *sigh*. Trying to stick to unique palettes. I like the look of the ones from Saucebox Cosmetics (Winter Wish Collection) and Suva Beauty (Neutral Necessity Palette) but I'm so sceptical sometimes of these IG brands.

I feel both of your pains! I have so much makeup that half the time I can't find the one lipstick I want to wear. I am a collector and always have been but at one point I would actually use the things I bought. I know I need to better organize it but I also need to use things I buy. I still have unused things that I purchased 4 months ago. And the highlighter situation is getting out of hand because I seem to be that girl that has never met a highlighter she didn't like!

Shars

I feel both of your pains! I have so much makeup that half the time I can't find the one lipstick I want to wear. I am a collector and always have been but at one point I would actually use the things I bought. I know I need to better organize it but I also need to use things I buy. I still have unused things that I purchased 4 months ago. And the highlighter situation is getting out of hand because I seem to be that girl that has never met a highlighter she didn't like!

The struggle is real! I think next year I'm going to spend much less buying. This year I was pretty good. But I'm going to work on revamping my beauty corner and storage so that I can see what I have and use it more.

DILLIGAF

The struggle is real! I think next year I'm going to spend much less buying. This year I was pretty good. But I'm going to work on revamping my beauty corner and storage so that I can see what I have and use it more.
I recently bought one of those small acrylic boxes with the drawers so I can see the things that I have. I've been noticing them showing up at Home Goods stores in my area. I also have one of those Muji five drawers. I keep the items I really want to use or are new to my stash in them so I can see and use them. I used to be one of those people that would store mostly everything in my Alex drawers but it made it easy to forget what I have. Unless it was lipsticks. For some reason I know where and what lipsticks I have no matter where they are stored.

Shars

I recently bought one of those small acrylic boxes with the drawers so I can see the things that I have. I've been noticing them showing up at Home Goods stores in my area. I also have one of those Muji five drawers. I keep the items I really want to use or are new to my stash in them so I can see and use them. I used to be one of those people that would store mostly everything in my Alex drawers but it made it easy to forget what I have. Unless it was lipsticks. For some reason I know where and what lipsticks I have no matter where they are stored.

I'm the same. I have a couple of those acrylic boxes and the trays that have sections and you can put stuff in on top but I'm running out of surface area to put more lol. I could never do that Alex drawer system... It's out of sight out of mind for me. I'm so mad I missed when MUJI had their $10.00 sale for the 5-drawer systems.

DILLIGAF

I'm the same. I have a couple of those acrylic boxes and the trays that have sections and you can put stuff in on top but I'm running out of surface area to put more lol. I could never do that Alex drawer system... It's out of sight out of mind for me. I'm so mad I missed when MUJI had their $10.00 sale for the 5-drawer systems.
I was trying for two days to purchase at least 4 during that sale. Two for me and two for my sister. I found the box that I'm currently using five days after their sale ended. The Alex drawers I have is the 5 drawer unit. I swore I would never let my collection get bigger than that. I've obviously lied to myself. I have lipsticks only in the first two slimmer drawers, Palettes in the largest drawer at the bottom. I really need to do an inventory and it's about time for another declutter. Also time to head over to the traincase thread to catalog all of it.

montREALady

I was trying for two days to purchase at least 4 during that sale. Two for me and two for my sister. I found the box that I'm currently using five days after their sale ended. The Alex drawers I have is the 5 drawer unit. I swore I would never let my collection get bigger than that. I've obviously lied to myself. I have lipsticks only in the first two slimmer drawers, Palettes in the largest drawer at the bottom. I really need to do an inventory and it's about time for another declutter. Also time to head over to the traincase thread to catalog all of it.

I just started finally looking into Alex this week and I bought one of those acrylic ones with the drawers off Amazon for $12.99. I only got it last night so all I did was open the box and didn't get a chance to see if it's even what I want or big enough. I've run out of surface space myself. I need to de-clutter my costume jewelry, makeup, body products, every damned thing! Ugggh. I remember that MUJI sale, not sure why I didn't buy anything...or try.

fur4elise

I just started finally looking into Alex this week and I bought one of those acrylic ones with the drawers off Amazon for $12.99. I only got it last night so all I did was open the box and didn't get a chance to see if it's even what I want or big enough. I've run out of surface space myself. I need to de-clutter my costume jewelry, makeup, body products, every damned thing! Ugggh. I remember that MUJI sale, not sure why I didn't buy anything...or try.

I know this struggle and pain! My longtime IKEA Antonius system (I have 4 units, 3 with tops) and they are on their last legs! I also have 2 IKEA Helmer Units and they are full up of all things makeup! Hubby has promised to buy me 2 new big bureaus later this fall for my studio/closet space. These will replace my Antonius and give me new flat surface space, but I do not want to immediately clutter it up again. I'd love to have a vanity...but I do my makeup in the bathroom :crazy: God if you could see my room...it's a disaster...Hey! I know where everything is but...lord some days. I hate being disorganized (definitely a Virgo pet peeve!) and I soooo crave to get it together...even though it will take some work.

YES! @DILLIGAF ~ I am a Homegoods/TJ Maxx/Marshalls gal as well! That is where I found acrylic containers for my lipsticks, brushes, eyeliners, mascaras, etc. I also purchased a wire mesh desk organizer to store my palettes upright. I can clearly see what I have therefore use more of what I have. Again, if I had more surface space I would definitely get a few more organizers to pull things out of my Helmer drawers.

Last edited:

montREALady

I know this struggle and pain! My longtime IKEA Antonius system (I have 4 units, 3 with tops) and they are on their last legs! I also have 2 IKEA Helmer Units and they are full up of all things makeup! Hubby has promised to buy me 2 new big bureaus later this fall for my studio/closet space. These will replace my Antonius and give me new flat surface space, but I do not want to immediately clutter it up again. I'd love to have a vanity...but I do my makeup in the bathroom :crazy: God if you could see my room...it's a disaster...Hey! I know where everything is but...lord some days. I hate being disorganized (definitely a Virgo pet peeve!) and I soooo crave to get it together...even though it will take some work.

YES! @DILLIGAF ~ I am a Homegoods/TJ Maxx/Marshalls gal as well! That is where I found acrylic containers for my lipsticks, brushes, eyeliners, mascaras, etc. I also purchased a wire mesh desk organizer to store my palettes upright. I can clearly see what I have therefore use more of what I have. Again, if I had more surface space I would definitely get a few more organizers to pull things out of my Helmer drawers.

I love Ikea! Cheap but shoot it works. I always avoid stores like TJ Maxx, etc like the plague. I should take a poke around. There's a Marshall's near me.

fur4elise

I love Ikea! Cheap but shoot it works. I always avoid stores like TJ Maxx, etc like the plague. I should take a poke around. There's a Marshall's near me.

I would buy more IKEA but the store is almost 3 hours away and Hubby detests it...lol! To be honest I have to be in the mood to go to TJ Maxx, Marshall's etc. I usually go in with the mindset that I do not need anything and then I usually find All The Things...if I go for something specific, I FAIL!

montREALady

I would buy more IKEA but the store is almost 3 hours away and Hubby detests it...lol! To be honest I have to be in the mood to go to TJ Maxx, Marshall's etc. I usually go in with the mindset that I do not need anything and then I usually find All The Things...if I go for something specific, I FAIL!
This!!!

boschicka

Omg, too funny! Yes!!! Have you seen comedian Sebastian Maniscalco's bit about TJ Maxx? Spot on for me.

Sebastian - "The TJ Maxx Nightmare" - YouTube

Prettypackages

girl yes and I'm shocked. I'm seeing people with streaks on their face.
I tried it today. The color I used was chunky. I didn't realize it when I dipped my brush in. I ended up blending it out with a bronze from another ABH palette. I still liked the color. I will probably keep mine. I like all kinds of highlighters. But we will see. I will try it again tomorrow with either another brush or not dip in to it so much.

Not to be rude but I just realized, an SA helped me today that had the IG/Youtube highlighter look on. I've never noticed that look on a person in real life before. I thought people just went heavy with it on Youtube and IG so you could see it better and thought it had something to do with lighting and how things look on video. But she had quite noticeable white highlighter streaks on her cheeks, kind of low on her cheeks almost like blush and a strip of white highlighter down her nose and on the very tip. It was very noticeable not like you had to turn side ways to see it. It was straight on. It was luminous but not sheer. It wasn't opaque either. (So hard to describe. Is there a word between sheer and opaque?) Are people seeing this in real life?

Prettypackages

I do too, I know my lippies, and where they are in the drawer. LOL Still need to figure out how my Heaux ran away. I still don't want to open the back up. I think my little cousin stuck me up for some of my lippies.

I depotted everything I could so I could see everything. But I still have things stashed in drawers that I forget about. However, I would like some of the MAC x9 kits for travel. I'm pretty sure I'll still depot everything else. (Even Selena)

Prettypackages

WHAT? WHen was that?

Prettypackages

I recently decluttered, it felt good, and my family enjoyed my "hand me downs". Although, I don't think they are wearing anything. *grrrrrr*

LiliV

I'm almost completely out of my Ashton liquid lipstick and have to order a refill. Finishing a lip product is big deal for me because I rotate a lot, but Ashton is like the color was custom designed for my coloring, I'm obsessed with it!

msvluvsmac

I saw some ABH products in TJMaxx today. I was in a hurry so I didn't get to check to see exactly what they had but I did recognize the cream contour kit. I was surprised.