Anastasia Beverly Hills Cosmetics

Tashaboo

Awww shucks!!!! I just ordered potion and persimmons!! Does anyone have a swatch of lime crime wicked, abh vamp and abh heather?? I am trying to decide if i want to purchase those but not if they are similar to lime crimes wicked.

breatheonbeat

i got one of the new refills (mink) if anyone is curious about how it stacks up. it is similar to fawn, but a little darker and a little cooler (you might be able to see in the slightly sheered out portion of my swatch). i didn't get ash brown, but it looks similar too from the swatches norvina provided (which were zero help for me, so, yanno...)
i customized the palette for exactly the reason you guys are saying. most of the shades are ORANGE and i am also too pale for any sorts of yellow correcting powders like banana and had no use for it, so what i ended up with was the 3 highlighters, those two contours, and java, which is much different than i anticipated (sooo warrrmmm). i will probably swap java out for vanilla, which abh is sending me, or ash brown if i eventually purchase that one.

the highlighters are subtle, except for 10k, which is straight up gold. 10k appears very dark in pan, but is much sheerer than i expected. i actually received it by mistake (i ordered vanilla, but i am not sure if itll be too dark for me so ???), but ended up liking it a lot. the they are really pretty and nice for when i am working (i wear more subtle makeup) or visiting my mom (she hates any lipstick that isnt sheer on me and also hates winged liner... so basically hates me i guess?)
(also please note that i am very very fair. my foundation atm is 2 parts mac face + body white and 1 part matchmaster in the lightest shade.)

the pans ended up being $6 a piece with the 10% discount, so i figured it was worth it. i want every highlighter that exists, and 2 out of the 3 contours work nicely.

some girl swatched a bunch of these vs well known other colors, so if you were curious how sculpt looks next to these, sculpt is #2 and java is #4, and fawn is #5. #6 (havana) is in the preassembled palette

edit- forgot to add the best part of this. EVERY PAN SHIPPED SEPARATELY. i got 6 packages to my house with one refill each.
icon_eek.gif

Jayjayy

Yes... What the heck ... How's that going to work?! Very bizarre that a brand with great vision in other areas totally misses the mark w contour products. Maybe I'm just basic but I don't understand why companies are all putting out kits instead of duos... Even if you feel you will need darker contour in summertime you'll never need 3 contour shades... Unless you're going for very dramatic? I just feel like the majority of people are buying these 6 pan contour kits and only using 33%. Makes me scratch my head
Since Instagram everybody is an MUA and needs everything "for their "kit" LOL. And if you're basic I shouldn't even be on here because I never, EVER contour. I'm pretty makeup confident but I've never had a trained MUA teach me how to properly contour so I stay in my lane. Not just sweep a bunch of Orange powder under my blush. To each his own, but lawd the palettes are out of control.

v0ltagekid

Man.. I was wearing vintage today.. by the time I got to class it was crumbling in little pieces. Ew... gosh
I had to scrub it off, it looked so bad ;/ it's the first time I wear it out :/

alexisweaver

Kinda mad the in-store release for the shadows and stuff was pushed back. I went to my local Impulse and saw the "COMING SOON" sign and asked the girl "when?!", and she said it's been pushed back to March 15th. C'MONNNNN!

mel33t

i got one of the new refills (mink) if anyone is curious about how it stacks up. it is similar to fawn, but a little darker and a little cooler (you might be able to see in the slightly sheered out portion of my swatch). i didn't get ash brown, but it looks similar too from the swatches norvina provided (which were zero help for me, so, yanno...) i customized the palette for exactly the reason you guys are saying. most of the shades are ORANGE and i am also too pale for any sorts of yellow correcting powders like banana and had no use for it, so what i ended up with was the 3 highlighters, those two contours, and java, which is much different than i anticipated (sooo warrrmmm). i will probably swap java out for vanilla, which abh is sending me, or ash brown if i eventually purchase that one. the highlighters are subtle, except for 10k, which is straight up gold. 10k appears very dark in pan, but is much sheerer than i expected. i actually received it by mistake (i ordered vanilla, but i am not sure if itll be too dark for me so ???), but ended up liking it a lot. the they are really pretty and nice for when i am working (i wear more subtle makeup) or visiting my mom (she hates any lipstick that isnt sheer on me and also hates winged liner... so basically hates me i guess?) (also please note that i am very very fair. my foundation atm is 2 parts mac face + body white and 1 part matchmaster in the lightest shade.) the pans ended up being $6 a piece with the 10% discount, so i figured it was worth it. i want every highlighter that exists, and 2 out of the 3 contours work nicely. some girl swatched a bunch of these vs well known other colors, so if you were curious how sculpt looks next to these, sculpt is #2 and java is #4, and fawn is #5. #6 (havana) is in the preassembled palette edit- forgot to add the best part of this. EVERY PAN SHIPPED SEPARATELY. i got 6 packages to my house with one refill each. :shock:  
Fawn looks like the perfect contour color. Its much cooler than her other shades.

shellygrrl

Staff member
Fawn looks okay, but not the others.
Maybe I'm just basic but I don't understand why companies are all putting out kits instead of duos... Even if you feel you will need darker contour in summertime you'll never need 3 contour shades... Unless you're going for very dramatic? I just feel like the majority of people are buying these 6 pan contour kits and only using 33%. Makes me scratch my head
The only people who need kits like those are working makeup artists. Your average makeup user who wants to do contouring only needs one shade: whichever one is best for their skintone.

sullenxriot182

I just got Sad Girl and Potion liquid lipsticks. LOVE the colors but they are so difficult to apply! It's probably because I got such dark colors, but I definitely have to get in there super precisely with a lip brush because the doe foot applicator is doing me no favors lol

thebloomroom

Maybe I'm just basic but I don't understand why companies are all putting out kits instead of duos... Even if you feel you will need darker contour in summertime you'll never need 3 contour shades... Unless you're going for very dramatic? I just feel like the majority of people are buying these 6 pan contour kits and only using 33%. Makes me scratch my head
I agree! I think it was Erin in here who made me realize TF would i need 6 shades for? plus, this was back when ABH had one contour kit and half of the shades wouldnt even have matched my skintone.

pinkmint

I agree! I think it was Erin in here who made me realize TF would i need 6 shades for? plus, this was back when ABH had one contour kit and half of the shades wouldnt even have matched my skintone.
Weeelll.... I can see myself needing 6 shades. On any given day I may use a face powder, a yellow setting powder for under the eyes, a contour powder, a bronzer, and a highlighter. That's 5 shades already. If I wanted to customize my bronzer/contour on any given day, I could mix a warmer and a cooler shade together. So honestly most makeup-obsessed people have the components of these kits anyway, but it's not seen as excessive or MUA exclusive. Really these palettes are nice for women without a ton of makeup, because they don't have to go out and purchase 5-6 different products to achieve the same effect :3

I'm stalking the ABH website trying to get a cream kit but I think it's broken >_< Or already sold out after 17 minutes. Guess I'll wait for cooler-toned shades to come out!