ANCIENT Fashion Spread lipglass, any dupes?

AlarmAgent

I believe it was from Pop Mode, and it was my most beloved product for many years. It was also the first thing I ever bought from MAC.

Here are some pictures! Also included, an inexplicable swatch of VGVISE.

It's over a base of UDPP, that somehow is much darker than my handskin.
ssad.gif
boo!

DSC06535.jpg

As you can see, its been well-loved, but also an attempt has been made to preserve some.

Here are the links for the actual swatches, Fashion Spread is the darker shade. They don't look anything alike (don't ask me why I put them together...), so it should be easy to tell which is which:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/heyboowhatsup/DSC06529.jpg (no flash)
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/heyboowhatsup/DSC06537.jpg (flash)

Thanks, if anyone has any recommendations. I searched for old threads about Fashion Spread, and none of them seemed to be able to come to a consensus on a dupe. So I'm hoping these swatches will jog some memories! Any brand is fine, just any similar color! I'm desperate. I'm afraid to use it on my lips anymore, so I need something at least in the same vein.

edit: yet another swatch! this one is probably better than the previous, no flash-
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...p/DSC06530.jpg

GlamYOURUs

ElectroLush lipglass looks like a close dupe:

Flash in Vibrant mode:
amuxpw.jpg

I should have turned off the V mode. lol But it does look like FS in the tube IMO.

EDIT: Actually, ElectroLush and Cultured mixed together gives you FS but with shimmer.

AlarmAgent

That does look very close, and I bet it'd look gorgeous with Cultured! Thank you so much, I know it's a very tall order because the lipglass is at least from 2001 or so, and when I asked about it on LiveChat once they were just completely stumped, haha. So, thank you again for your help.

I'll have to pick up Electrolush very soon.
smiles.gif

baroquely

I'd definitely try NARS Chihuahua. It doesn't smell nearly as nice as MAC's lipglasses, but the pictures look really similar to what Chihuahua looks like swatched on my hand (would do it, but I'm not at home and am out of the gloss
smiles.gif
).

AlarmAgent

Thank you very much! I've wanted an excuse to try a NARs gloss for some time now, anyway. Thank you again, it looks like it could definitely be similar in a few swatches I'm seeing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_absinthe
Chiuahua seems too warm to me, perhpas NARS' Turkish Delight though?

Ahh, thank you for the suggestion as well! I'll give them both a swatch next time I'm at Sephora. I'm editing this in because I always feel like I've artificially inflated a thread where I just keep posting thanks posts, haha. I hope that doesn't anger any of ya!

I think my question is about answered too, I've got a few great leads in this great lipglass caper. Thank yoooou, Specktra!

j_absinthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by baroquely
I'd definitely try NARS Chihuahua. It doesn't smell nearly as nice as MAC's lipglasses, but the pictures look really similar to what Chihuahua looks like swatched on my hand (would do it, but I'm not at home and am out of the gloss
smiles.gif
).

Chiuahua seems too warm to me, perhpas NARS' Turkish Delight though?

edit: Let us know how it goes.