Angry at Square Enix

Dark_Phoenix

This is a shallow, borderline non-sensical (is that a word?) video game rant. Just a warning.

So my favorite video game of all time is Parasite Eve. I've read the book, played the game, the sequel, cosplayed as the game's villain (Melissa Pearce/Eve, same character on my avatar), and have a promo poster in my room. I'm not obsessed but I just think it's really cool. The last game came out in 2000 on the Playstation One... so it's been awhile. It's one of the few survival horror games to have a female protagonist, a cinematic RPG playing style, and a plot that actually makes you want to keep playing. Even the sequel was good, despite the Resident Evil rip off gameplay.

Then in September it was announced that another sequel was being made, called Third Birthday. ITS ON A FREAKING CELLPHONE

And I'm reading the info on IGN about it like WTF?!? They're taking a great series and completely ruining it by putting it on a cellphone. Ugh. So I'm pissed off at Square Enix, the developer (also the creators of Final Fantasy series). I hope, hope, hope it comes on to a next gen console.... hell, I'll be happy if it's on a Playstation one, at least I could play it!

Now every time I look at my desktop (of Eve) or poster I just think: Those guys at Square Enix are a bunch of rotten bastards.

rant.gif

greentwig

ssad.gif
That sux, I didnt know about this game but I'm sorry.

I like FFXI it takes a LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... of time but I just take breaks and it's still fun :p. They have been messing with the game with updates latley and makeing some thing annoying....

Anyways, I hope they release it on some kind of system and not just cell phones
ssad.gif

MAC_Whore

I don't play vids, but sympathize with your situation. That's shit! It all came down to a mobile company offering Sqaure Enix more money than the next guy. I hate marketing strategies sometimes.

alien21xx

Dude seriously. When video games go to cellphones, it's time to find another game developer.
ssad.gif
Most of my favorite games on PS2 are also by Squeenix, but I can't afford a PS3 and I don't even know if FFXIII is out, I just migrated my gaming to XBox. Sucks.