Any must-have Pro brushes?

paige3838

I'm thinking about making a Pro phone order, and was wondering... are there any Pro brushes that you can't live without? I don't have a store near me, so I can't go check them out in person...

Tell me which are your must-haves, and what you use them for!

Juneplum

edited to correct brush number! eep...

definitely the 187 and the 174!! the 187 is an excellent brush... u can use it for powders and liquid products.. it is AWESOME!!! it picks up just the right amount of product and gives an excellent finish.. the 174 is my new love.. it's a BIG angled powder brush.. (think of the 136, but BIGGER and angled) it is SUPER soft and fluffy and gives AMAZING coverage..it's pricey ($70) but i love love love it!!!

*** it's 174 not 172... ***

unalicious

The 272 is indeed a pro brush and I love it. I love the 239, but this is even better for getting up into the crease

saramwrap

These days, there are nearly no Pro-only brush at all... let alone any worth mentioning. Last August, MAC moved the bulk of the Pro-exclusive brushes out to every freestanding store and took the "PRO" stamp off of them. Put them on the website, too!

The only Pro brush left that's awesome is the 174, which is a giant super-soft angled powder brush. It's also around $74... so not necessarily a must-have.
winks.gif

At a regular store (or on the website) there are a few former Pro brushes that rock... epecially the 222, 272, and 263. Those are among my must-haves. But they're not Pro-only anymore.

Star

What does #172 look like? It's not on maccosmetics.com or macpro.com

BTW, brushes are going up too, I read on MUA that #213 went from CAD$21.50 to $24.00 today. This stinks.

Juneplum

star, i made a typo.. i'ts the 174 not 172.. it's a BIG ASS angled powder brush.. i'll take a pic of mine when i go home so u can see it..

Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneplum
star, i made a typo.. i'ts the 174 not 172.. it's a BIG ASS angled powder brush.. i'll take a pic of mine when i go home so u can see it..

Thanks
greengrin.gif

Liz

187! love it for foundations.

it's coming out with the mineralize skin finishes and will be permanent to counters. i'm going to get another one to use with blushes.

artemisa

Where can I find a pic of the PRO brushes?? I'm going to a PRO shop in less than 1 month and may buy a couple of those beauties

saramwrap

The 174 is the only PRO exclusive these days, and you can find a photo on MACPRO.com (or the lovely post here a couple of days ago).

Every other brush is pretty much on MAC's regular website at this point!